Click to save the rainforest (#52 - Down but not out)

dlowan

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 05:36 pm
I feel bad.

On both Opera and IE the ads no longer appear.

So I never get to click on the sponsors......

Hmmm - mebbe if a close off pop-up blocker for Care 2?

I feel as though I ought to click on the sponsors sometimes...
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 05:39 pm
You go Husker!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IBM is evidently giving up some of it's voice code as we speak......

'O me God - dlowan!!!!
Howdy. How's things in the REAL south?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 05:39 pm
CDK has said click it you're interested only - cause false clicks cause problems - them folks that have the ads track that suff somehow.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 05:40 pm
danon5 wrote:
You go Husker!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IBM is evidently giving up some of it's voice code as we speak......

cannot wait!!!
0 Replies

annoverboard

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 05:40 pm
Just clicked!

dlowan - Here in Ann Land, things are hectic - of course, where aren't they? - but generally good. I have 11 new every-other-day classes, and hope to know who's who before the end of the year. My older daughter's engaged and about to move out of the family manse. I'll miss her, but not her clutter. My younger daughter recently graduated college and has a job not quite on the first rung of the corporate ladder. Mom & Dad are hanging in there.

On topic and onboard, my husband & I took a cruise to Florida & the Bahamas a week or so before hurricane #2 (of 4 or 5 recent ones, so far) hit. Scrabble games with members of a delightful church group and a day at Kennedy Space Center were the highlights of the trip.

sozobe - Yes, I took the pic. Thank you. I'm working more & more with digital photography.

Ehbeth - Bought a new velvet hat for fall yet?

Matrix500 - I thank you. Minnie cat thanks you.

wordworker - formerly known as Partoni - so good to cross paths again!

colorbook - Love your avatar.

pwayfarer - Hmmm, I once knew a No-P-wayfarer…

Merry Andrew - Better to have someone nick your avatar, than to avatar your knickers!

...and hello to my friends I haven't met yet (unless my memory is as horrible as ever) - danon5, Stradee, husker & Noddy24
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 05:41 pm
I've picked up some good coupons from some of the Care2 sponsors. Which reminds me, I need some more Stonyfield yogurt coupons in case Set and I make it into New York State in October.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 05:46 pm
I just today ran out of Kurbiskernol ((Pumpkin Seed Oil)) - Anyone know where I can get some in E Texas??

ann'o,
I just signed up for Social Security so I have an excuse to not remember things. Hi !!! Nice to meet ya.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 06:27 pm
Hi, Husker.

I actually bought one of those voice-to-type propgrams, hard- and software and all. It's locked up in storage. Wonderful gadget. When I say, "How's it going?" it types howitzers goon. Well, you get the idea. Looks like something OmSig David might post.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 06:39 pm
<snort>

sorry Embarrassed

<hands over screen cleaner>
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 06:42 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
Hi, Husker.

I actually bought one of those voice-to-type propgrams, hard- and software and all. It's locked up in storage. Wonderful gadget. When I say, "How's it going?" it types howitzers goon. Well, you get the idea. Looks like something OmSig David might post.

but if you have a east coast or southern er texas accent - well they don't have that fixed yet - but if your from the mid-west home of 800 #'s (no accents) then you's ok !! HAR Laughing
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:24 pm
My God, MA,

I've not thought of OmSig for ages. Last time I actually spoke with him was approx two years ago. He said he was Native American living in NYC, I said - for a fact - that I was blood brother to an Apache from AZ. Never heard a thing after that posting. - - - ???

The Great Spirit only knows certain things. We have to figure out the rest of this stuff we call life.

(grin)

Geeeese - - - everybody,
I am born - an grew up in Texas - from the West to the East - and I have NO accent ...!!!

Everyone thinks that - if you are from Texas - you MUST have an accent!! Why????? Most Texans speak with NO accent!! In fact, at the last Super Bowl game in Texas a reporter asked a couple entering the stadium where they were from and - after speaking with them for a FEW SECONDS - why they didn't have TEXAS accents!!!! The man said, we only do that for visitors. (True story)

Aughiaght, Seagrass and MA,
I grant ya, there are places in TX where colloquialisms are rampant! Even here in "Atlanter" - yep, (added for your entertainment) that's the way we said it in the 50's and 60's. Lot's of people around here actually added syllables to words - (and still do on TV)!!!!

OK!! I have no idea why I don't have an accent - I don't have no accent!! (BAG)= Big Assed Grin!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 03:14 am
That's because you are unique, Dan. Seaglass, Texas born and bred, has been living elsewhere -- mostly in the Northeast -- since about the age of 19 or 20. Never lost that very distinctive Texas twang. You wouldn't mistake her for anything but a Lone Stater. When I was in your state for a couple of weeks this summer, I found myself talking like that within a matter of a couple of days. "Gee, you don't sound like you're from Boston," I was told one time. "You sound just like us." I was quite gratified.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 07:20 am
Ah, I see, a chameleon - my Patti is the same.

Our last visit to Vienna we were with our friends having a great time. We had practiced speaking German at home before we went. Patti began to talk and as she spoke I just looked at her. I said, "You really think you are speaking German don't you". She had been speaking English with a German accent!! We all had a good laugh. She said, "I did think I was speaking perfect German." Our friend said, "You speak English so well."

All clicked..........
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 08:02 am
Hi ya'alla <Italian for 'howdy'> Very Happy

hi annoverboard, nice to meet you! Welcome to the rainforest and
clicking team!

Have a great day all....

clicked
0 Replies

just susan

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 10:26 am
Very Happy
Greetings husker, ul, wordworker, danon, Matrix, colorbook, eh Beth, Merry Andrew, Noddy, Stradee, dlowan, annoverboard, and all! (I hope I didn't miss anyone).
Guess I've missed a few pages. Just noticed this morning that the updates stop if you don't click through on them.

Lot's of excitement at our home this weekend. Fourteen years ago my huband applied for a green card for his sister and it was finally granted this year. She arrived last week and will be staying with us for a few months.

Three years ago, her daughter lived with us while she passed her USA medical exams (after graduating from medical school in Germany - she was there for 10 years). Now she is a doctor in Los Angeles.

Last weekend, mother and daughter were reunited after 12 years! it was a happy occassion for all. Lots of tears and laughter. Lots of hugs, more tears.

I missed a few days clicking, but am back on track now.
0 Replies

Aa

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 11:37 am
danon5, you say you have no accent.

The scenario I've developed is that you are so deeped immured in Texas and so surrounded with Textalk that you are not aware of your Texas accent. Similarly, one might ask a fish about water, and the fish well might deny having anything to do with water.

That's just my scenario, a product of my vivid imagination. The truth may well lie elsewhere - if it can be said that the truth lies.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 11:48 am
Aa! Hello!

(Clicked!)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 12:01 pm
Aa!

I'd clutch ya, but I'll leave that to the lads :wink:
0 Replies

Joan Lee

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 12:58 pm
Hi everyone,

Checking in and clicking.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 01:01 pm
Good to see you, Joan Lee.
I often 'see' you when I'm 'inside' the team account, and I see you're clicking - always a nice smile.
0 Replies