cjhsa

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 11:21 am
http://www.anticommunism.org/images/fidelRather2.jpg

Dan's new permanent assignment:

http://www.smokebox.net/archives/photoarchive/ratherhurricane.jpg
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 11:27 am
Anybody who would think they got a real Rembrandt painting for $1.5M would deserve to be duped.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 11:29 am
Lightwizard wrote:
Anybody who would think they got a real Rembrandt painting for $1.5M would deserve to be duped.

As expected, you missed the point.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 11:36 am
Quote:
Does anyone else find the phrase "confirmation of the forgeries alongside with confirmation of their content" funny?

Apparently, only you do, McGentrix. This is another example of english as your second language:

Quote:
The Dallas Morning News reported on September 15 that Marian Carr Knox, former secretary for Lieutenant Colonel Jerry Killian, purported author of the memos, said that although she did not recall typing the memos reported by CBS News, they accurately reflect the viewpoints of Killian and documents that would have been in the personal file. Knox told The Morning News: "The information in here was correct, but it was picked up from the real ones. ... I probably typed the information and somebody picked up the information some way or another."

Colonel Bobby W. Hodges, Killian's superior officer, has also confirmed that the content of the memos reflects Killian's true sentiments. CBS cited Hodges in its initial defense (video links: MPEG-4, Windows Media) of the documents on September 10, but as The New York Times reported, Hodges changed his opinion because "network producers had never showed him the documents but had only read them to him over the phone." Once Hodges saw the actual documents, he judged them to be forgeries. "I thought they were handwritten notes," Hodges told the Times. But the same article made clear that Hodges confirmed the accuracy of the contents of the memos:

He [Hodges] said he had not authenticated the documents for CBS News but had confirmed that they reflected issues he and Colonel Killian had discussed -- namely Mr. Bush's failure to appear for a physical, which military records released previously by the White House show, led to a suspension from flying.

Richard Via, another former Texas National Guard officer, told USA Today that "the documents were fakes but that their content reflected questions about Bush that were discussed at the time in the hangar at Ellington Air Force Base, where he had a desk next to Killian's."

OLBERMANN: The woman who was the secretary to Lieutenant Colonel Killian in the 1970s says that she believes that the documents are, in fact, fraudulent but that the sentiments are, in fact, accurate. ... Those are not real, said this woman, Marian Carr Knox. "They're not what I typed and I would have typed them for him." But she says the information in here was correct, but it was picked up from the real ones, Knox says as she looked at the memos. She said she remembered vividly when Bush was there and all the yak-yak that was going on about it. So a breaking development that sends a question of authenticity through the roof in terms of the documents but also questions whether or not they're stating the truth even if the documents themselves are false.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 11:40 am
No, I didn't miss the point -- I didn't miss the weak metaphor either.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 11:41 am
Yup. Marian Carr Knox, a fifteen minute whore for the democrats. Lovely.

(By that, I mean fifteen minutes of fame provided by being the center of attention, no sexual innuendo intended.)
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 12:17 pm
Dookie, none of the technologically-referrenced challenges to the documents has been refuted ... posing the argument a thing or condition apparently was not impossible in no way establishes such thing or condition in fact pertained, or even indicates such thing or condition might have been even remotely probable. You're welcome, indeed even encouraged, to persist in your stance both in whatever particulars and in whatever overall position you adopt. I perceive that stance, and that course of action, to be and will continue to be of significant benefit to the Party and parties thereby maligned. Of course, that's just my opinion.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 12:23 pm
Quote:

Yup. McGentrix, once again offering us a completely asinine response from a typical neoconservative.

I guess Colonel Bobby W. Hodges and Richard Via are also fifteen minute "whores" for the Democratic party.

If you're so certain you know what Bush did in the Guard, perhaps you can collect that $10,000 being offered by that group in Texas who are questioning Bush's service. So far, no takers.

I also wonder why Bush cannot tell us in ANY detail, other than to say he can't remember, what he did in the Guard during the time in question.

I wonder why that is, McGentrix? And please, as you've asked yourself before, try and keep it clean this time.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 12:34 pm
timberlandko:

Quote:
Of course, that's just my opinion.

As convulidid and over the top as it is....

Quote:
Dookie, none of the technologically-referrenced challenges to the documents has been refuted.

It's because they ARE forgeries, Timberlandko. It is the CONTENT that isn't be refuted. But why would neoconservative bloggers, including a famous one who started the whole line of questioning regarding these memos, chime in right after the documents were released, questioning their authenticity using these argumentative points?

Introducing such probability is a classic courtroom maneuver to distract questions regarding the veracity of the CONTENT, and to redirect attention towards the actual process in how certain pieces of evidence came into being.

I'll repeat what I said to McGentrix.

If you're so certain you know what Bush did in the Guard, perhaps you can collect that $10,000 being offered by that group in Texas who are questioning Bush's service. But so far, no takers.

I also wonder why Bush cannot tell us in ANY detail, other than to say he can't remember, what he did in the Guard during the time in question?

Bush could clear this up in a heartbeat, don't ya think?
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 12:49 pm
Dan Rather vs George Bush on the facts
September 22, 2004

Dan Rather, CBS News Anchor
1) given documents he thought were true
2) failed to thoroughly investigate the facts
3) reported documents to the American people as true to make his case
4) when confronted with the facts, apologized and launched an investigation
5) number of Americans dead: 0
6) should be fired as CBS News Anchor

George W. Bush, President of the United States
1) given documents he thought were true
2) failed to thoroughly investigate the facts
3) reported documents to the American people as true to make his case
4) when confronted with the facts, continued to report untruth and stonewalled an investigation
5) number of Americans dead: 1100
6) should be given four more years as President of the United States
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 12:50 pm
clever
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 12:54 pm
The fact - despite over 5 years of attempting, vigorously, repeatedly, and diligently, to malign Bush the Younger's service record, The Democrats have to their column of achievements tallied only allegations and forgeries.

'nuff said, in my opinion.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 12:55 pm
Kerry seems to be in full attack mode now. The Kerry campaign has just released a statement that demands the RNC come clean about whether it is involved in the disputed documents that have gotten Dan rather into so much hot water...

MCAULIFFE: WILL GOP ANSWER IF THEY KNOW WHETHER STONE, OTHERS HAD INVOLVEMENT WITH CBS DOCUMENTS?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 01:00 pm
"Refused to deny."

Eek.

Ah well, will see if the attack mode stuff works.

Saw something in today's NYT about how Kerry lost some support from women because he didn't fight back against the SBVfT stuff vigorously enough -- not the content of the allegations, but that he didn't fight them. Something about his willingness to defend them and their children.

<shrugs>
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 01:00 pm
You're a little behind the curve with that "revelation", Dookie ... see THIS

Paranoia and panic among one's opponents is delicious to behold. Freaking out ain't much of a plan.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 01:01 pm
And WHO's Roger stone?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/images/homepage/stone_enquirer_cover2.gif

http://www.democraticunderground.com/images/homepage/stone_enquirer_inside2.gif

http://www.democraticunderground.com/images/homepage/stone_star_cover2.gif

http://www.democraticunderground.com/images/homepage/stone_star_inside2.gif
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 01:04 pm
Quote:
Paranoia and panic among one's opponents is delicious.

Actually, ill-informed political hacks and ultra-partisan zombies are MUCH more delicious to the palette, timber.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 01:11 pm
Yeah Laughing The Dems are stretchin' further than Jane Fonda in an excersize video.

The clowns not only built the pyre on which they and their prospects now repose, but have themselves set light to it.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 01:13 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Actually, ill-informed political hacks and ultra-partisan zombies are MUCH more delicious to the palette, timber.

Finally a point on which we find ourselves in agreement Mr. Green
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2004 01:17 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Quote:

Yup. McGentrix, once again offering us a completely asinine response from a typical neoconservative.

I guess Colonel Bobby W. Hodges and Richard Via are also fifteen minute "whores" for the Democratic party.

If you're so certain you know what Bush did in the Guard, perhaps you can collect that $10,000 being offered by that group in Texas who are questioning Bush's service. So far, no takers.

I also wonder why Bush cannot tell us in ANY detail, other than to say he can't remember, what he did in the Guard during the time in question.

I wonder why that is, McGentrix? And please, as you've asked yourself before, try and keep it clean this time.

I thought I had answered this on another thread already.

Bush was on a top-secret mission in Vietnam working behind enemy lines. He can't talk about it because it was top secret. That's why the Pentagon "lost" some of his paperwork for that time period. Black ops are like that. Bush, in his usuall patriotic way, would rather be thought of as AWOL rather than betray the trust the US bestowed upon him during those trying times.

Now, I have nothing to back this up, but I would like to point out that it is the same nothing anyone has that demonstrates he was AWOL at the time.
0 Replies