The Most Recent Movie You've Seen on Streaming, Broadcast TV, or Movie Theater?

jcboy

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2022 01:38 pm
@MontereyJack,
Thank you, I will check it out for sure.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2022 02:53 pm
@MontereyJack,
It's got some pretty good character development, Fogg isn't particularly nice or sympathetic at the beginning, he really grows, as they all do.
0 Replies

Timmyboy9

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 03:06 pm
@oralloy,
I saw the newest Batman movie in theaters, I didn't like it that much..
Timmyboy9

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 03:15 pm
@Timmyboy9,
Friday I'm watching the new Netflix movie 'Adams Project" Hopefully its good!!
0 Replies

Thomastrokan33

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2022 10:55 am
I recently watched half of Dune, by Denis Villeneuve; my main takeaway, of the movie's style, is the abyss of walls nature.

The abyss of walls, is Dune's modus operandi; it's the meat and potatoes of the story's mythos
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2022 03:10 pm
I'm watching the most recent series of Peaky Blinders still being serialised 9n the BBC, not box set available yet.

It's very good, just seen episode 3, really powerful acting, some real compelling stuff.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2022 07:03 pm
keone

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2022 09:17 am
@tsarstepan,
I recently watched the unforgivable movie, Very good movie.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2022 05:19 pm
On Hulu.

The time when I was a youngish impressionable girl person who’d never thought of acting as a thing or or movies as art… It was made when I was 6. I remember seeing it and being deeply impressed when I was pre-teen, maybe early teen. I’m watching it now, thinking it wasn’t as magnificent or deep as I’d thought it was then, but what is ever, really?

But, Richard Harris was and is a force to be reckoned with.

I do so hate musicals.

But, this story is on Hulu.

Camelot. Nice telling.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2022 06:41 am
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

It was difficult to place Tarantino as the director. I kept waiting for some gore at the Spahn ranch, some horror at Polanski’s…

But, Tarantino seemed to want to change the story. I definitely understand that. Who didn’t want to change that story?

So what you get is a feel-good anecdote about a span of time in the life of a super popular actor who’s past his prime, made some mistakes, looking for Chapter Two.

I liked it.
Lash

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2022 12:03 pm
Hidden Figures, also on Hulu. I finally get to see it.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2022 12:21 pm
@Lash,
What strikes me about Tarantino movies is that, although they're good, they're good in a negative sense. They provide images that seem to stay with you forever, images that you wish you'd never seen. They're like the bad-tasting medicine that you had as a child and can never forget. I vividly remember the delirious dreams I had while under ether or chloroform for an operation to remove my tonsils. I can't remember the content, but the awful feeling of the dreams persist in my memory. I'll never be rid of them as I'll never be rid of the images in a Tarantino movie. So basically I rate Tarantino movies as very good but in a negative sense, not 3 stars, but -3 stars. I wish I had never seen a Tarantino movie and will never see what one again.
Lash

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2022 08:22 pm
@coluber2001,
Wow. Whatever movie you saw left an incredible impression.

I do remember seeing a few so gross or callous that I turned them off, but I have to say that Pulp Fiction ranks in my Top Fifteen.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2022 01:04 am
@coluber2001,
Probably not the case with Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. Like Inglorious Basturds where Brad Pitt defeats Hitler and rewrites history, he does the same thing in Hollywood and defeats Charlie Manson.

The reality was a lot gorier.
snood

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2022 05:08 am
@izzythepush,
I had (have) serious issue with his treatment of Bruce Lee in ‘Once Upon a Time…’.

What Coluber said about Tarentino’s stuff being notable because it’s so remarkably bad? I’ll go along with that.
engineer

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2022 05:56 am
@snood,
Agreed, he was pretty good with the other characters but really disrespected Lee.

Just saw Pixar's Turning Red, loved it. Honestly, I even love the controversy around it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2022 05:57 am
@snood,
He does seem to be doing the same old thing over and over again.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2022 08:45 am
He does sort of a caricature of your worst nightmare…a believable one. So believable that you can’t wipe them out of your long term memory. Then he gets these amazing actors to buy in. He’s evil!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2022 09:34 am
I finally got to see Hidden Figures.

Some movies are straight entertainment, and recently, this is all I’m seeking. The ‘new world order’ or whatever the hell the last three years can be called presents more than my preferred dose of change/ growth /adaptation/ reflection.

A good movie can entertain *and* make you feel something that you won’t forget. A great movie can lead to reflection, personal growth. Some can infuriate.

I was definitely entertained by the story, the direction, great acting, but I just kept having to check my anger. Maybe a growing resentment of the constant social failures that continually bubble up into plain view.

Why didn’t I (and my peers, black and white) hear about these women 50 years ago when we sat in classrooms? I just kept thinking of the difference that just knowing the stories of the contributions of these incredible women would have made to all our lives. Hiding this story was a cruelty to our society—and TODAY, state lawmakers are striving to hide them again.

Makes one want to be militant.

I can’t be happy that I saw it because of how angry I didn’t see it when it happened.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2022 09:02 pm
Lawrence of Arabia. Watching all the way through for the first time tonight.
0 Replies