The Most Recent Movie You've Seen on Streaming, Broadcast TV, or Movie Theater?

snood

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2022 04:51 pm
Watching the latest Batman movie. Robert Pattinson has literally kept the same expression on his face for two hours. What a talent!😂
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 04:54 am
Not long now till the last few episodes of Ozark are out.

I love this show, a roller coaster ride from start to finish.

What's going to happen to the Byrde family .. and poor Ruth.

I've always thought to myself if I seen Jessica Fletcher in the locality it's time to move.
Same can be said about Marty and Wendy Byrde.

I suppose a happy ending would be too much to ask.
Lash

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 07:25 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Ozark is brilliant. Jason Bateman picks some great material. I’m looking forward to picking up the last season.

0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 07:55 am
Match Point (2005)

A movie directed by Woody Allen about about a young, retired tennis player who marries into a wealthy family. He quickly rises in his father-in-law's corporation, and it's all downhill from there. Security versus love.

If you missed this one, by all means see it because it's one of Allen's greatest.
Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2022 06:13 pm
@coluber2001,
That was the first Woody Allen film I have seen.
It was much darker than I anticipated.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2022 09:23 pm
If you want something batshit crazy and hysterical?

Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022), 9/10. This one needs to be in the running for the following Oscars in Lead Actress for Michelle Yeoh, Editing, and Best Original Screenplay.

But you'll have to catch it in the movie theaters as it ain't streaming anywhere legal. Definitely worth the trip to the cinema.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 May, 2022 06:06 am
Dark is very good, a German series about child disappearance and wormholes in time.

Almost finished season 1.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 2 May, 2022 12:17 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

Not long now till the last few episodes of Ozark are out.

I love this show, a roller coaster ride from start to finish.

What's going to happen to the Byrde family .. and poor Ruth.

I've always thought to myself if I seen Jessica Fletcher in the locality it's time to move.
Same can be said about Marty and Wendy Byrde.

I suppose a happy ending would be too much to ask.

We finished watching the series last night, I found it tense and very satisfying. Let me know what you think of the ending, I don't want to foul anyone's expectations ........
coluber2001

Reply Mon 2 May, 2022 02:01 pm
You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger (2010)
Directed by Woody Allen

A story of two couples, four people splitting up and going their own way because " the grass is greener". Or is it? Another ironically tragic Woody Allen movie. The critics didn't like it, but I love it.

For instance, the Josh Brolin character had one successful novel, but now is struggling for a second, and his wife is nagging him to make money. He has a friend who wrote a good manuscript, but was killed in a car accident before he could publish it. Brolin steals the manuscript and successfully submits it for publication only to find out his friend wasn't killed but in a coma.

0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 2 May, 2022 04:52 pm
@glitterbag,
I was really starting to dislike the Wendy Byrde character a lot, and really liked the fact that Ruth’s friend Rachel finally tells her what an evil, selfish b-word she is. I binged all of the final episodes. I wasn’t disappointed in the ending.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 2 May, 2022 08:24 pm
@snood,
I loved it, it was so well done...........we watched the last three episodes because we had to, we just had to..........might not be everyone's cup of tea, but wowie, what a series.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Mon 16 May, 2022 11:50 am
Blanding (2013-2014) 13 episodes

I stumbled upon this series again and realized how riotously funny and peculiar it is as only the British can do.

Lord Emsworth is the patriarch (ostensibly), but spends most of his time avoiding the stern Connie, who really runs things. Freddie is the son who, being rather simple-minded, wears a permanent optimistic, vacant stare and is funny just for that but can't seem to avoid driving his open car into the same tree over and over again.

The first episode involves Lord Emsworth perturbed when his prize-winning pig, The Empress, goes on a fast.

https://44.media.tumblr.com/6197922d7827dc53c99c841d4455c92f/tumblr_pxdvimyiZp1y3zv13o2_1280.gif
http://www.comedy.co.uk/images/library/comedies/other/blandings_series2.jpg
izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 May, 2022 11:52 am
@coluber2001,
That takes me back, Timothy Spall is always very good.
coluber2001

Reply Mon 16 May, 2022 01:57 pm
@izzythepush,
It's available on Tubi

Watch Blandings on Tubi: https://link.tubi.tv/2PtEgzGo4pb
izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 May, 2022 02:39 pm
@coluber2001,
If you want to see Spall's range the biopic Pierrepoint the last hangman is very good.

He gives a very sympathetic portrayal of a man who executed hundreds, including Nazi war criminals.

Although for me he will always be Barry from Auf Weidersein Pet.
coluber2001

Reply Mon 16 May, 2022 05:18 pm
@izzythepush,
Also, Mark Williams, who played Arthur Weasley in the Harry Potter movies, plays the butler.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 May, 2022 10:43 pm
@coluber2001,
Mark Williams is best known for being in the Fast Show.
0 Replies

caitlin374

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2022 07:57 am
@tsarstepan,
i watched interceptor last night on netflix, it's quite good
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2022 12:11 pm
Wonder Boys (2000)

Starring Michael Douglas, Tobey Maguire, Robert Downey jr., and Frances McDormand.

Michael Douglas plays a literature professor and Tobey Maguire is a student. Both are writing novels. It's a drama/comedy and comes across as a serious comedy of errors. If you missed this one, it's very well worth your time to check it out.
https://movieberry.com/static/photos/26726/25_midi.jpg
Ellie0303

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2022 03:07 am
@tsarstepan,
i recently rewatched marriage story on Netflix its so good the acting is truly incredible.
0 Replies