The Most Recent Movie You've Seen on Streaming, Broadcast TV, or Movie Theater?

farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2021 06:18 pm
@oralloy,
I saw Black Panther and was not impressed, needed a btter plot . WAtching the 4400 on "Flix and its pretty good. "Manifest "started off great but got lost in minutiae. "Grizzly Maze" was like That giant croc movie that had Betty WHite as a character. Seen it once, laughed a bit, startled a bit and quickly dismissed it in the Oscar nominations
glitterbag

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2021 09:23 pm
@farmerman,
I watched 'Nobody' Friday night. Bob Odenkirk was surprisingly good in the film. But then again, revenge flicks are my favorite guilty pleasure.
snood

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 04:06 am
@glitterbag,
I loved Odenkirk as Saul Goodman. And I was looking forward to seeing him pull off a role as an ex-secret agent forced to go into badass mode to defend his family. But it just struck me as contrived. I couldn’t buy him as a tough guy.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 07:54 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

yet almost no American actors can do a British or Australian accent worth a ****.

It doesn’t help that a lot of our actors whitewash their accents. I saw a film with Scott Adkins in it, at first I had to look him up because there was something not quite right about his accent.

He had a very anodyne English accent, but according to IMDb he’s from Sutton Coldfield which means he would have a Brummie accent.

Yet he hides it and speaks an accent that sounds unnatural.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2021 08:19 am
@snood,
It's those little guys you have to watch Snood.
snood

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2021 08:21 am
@glitterbag,
Nah. Didn’t buy it.
oralloy

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2021 04:09 pm
@snood,
It was the 4.9 liter engine in a classic MOPAR that I found unrealistic.

And I hope his neighbor sued him for wrecking his car.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2021 03:34 am
It’s not a movie, but I just recently finished binge watching all seven seasons of the tv series Bosch.
snood

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2021 05:45 am
And I just watched and thoroughly enjoyed Gunpowder Milkshake - a movie that just came out today on Netflix.
Entertaining from start to finish. Star studded cast with a half dozen big names. An action/revenge thriller with an adorable mother/daughter drama weaved in.
Highly recommend. Two (and three quarters) thumbs up! You’ll get the joke after if you see the movie.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2021 10:16 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
I just recently finished binge watching all seven seasons of the tv series Bosch.

That’s on my to-do list.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2021 10:30 am
@oralloy,
Have you watchhe "the 100" on netflix? 7 years of dystopian future after nukeswiped out 95% of humanity, and survivors from a space station come back.. somebody else on a2k called it the best sf he'd ever seenl, not in my opinion that good, but pretty good nonetheless.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2021 10:30 am
TV has sucked so much lately, Nancy and I have been binging some old stuff.

We just finished the first season of Big Little Lies which I thought to be a terrific diversion offering. Super acting from lots of big stars...and fabulous acting from the younger set needed for the story. To see kids of 10 doing the kind of stuff these kids handled knocks you out.

Nothing heavy here, but a good bit of fluff dealing with problems that are more common than imagined.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2021 10:49 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Have you watchhe "the 100" on netflix?

I haven't but I'll add it to my to-do list.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2021 11:05 am
@oralloy,
put it fairly high on the list.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2021 11:06 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

put it fairly high on the list.

Big Little Lies is set in Monterey, MJ.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2021 04:43 pm
Black Widow 3D

Stopped at an A&W restaurant for a root beer float afterward.
coluber2001

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2021 05:56 pm
The Best Offer 2013
Geoffrey Rush
Is his a sympathetic character? Yes and no.

https://www.dvdfr.com/images/dvd/covers/200x280/17439caa56f8eaf327d6697708b7730b/158782/3d-best_offer_br.0.jpg
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2021 06:55 pm
@oralloy,
ooooh, A&W didn't know they weere still in business. when i was in college, i spent one summer as a cam coiunselor inthe poconos in western pennsylvania, about 30 miles from scranton, we'd hitchhike there on days off, never met joe biden thewre tho. The onlyi thing within miles of the camp was an a&w, gods know why it was there. we had to canoe across a sizable lake and walk a mile thru the woods to get there. they'd keep mugs iced in a freezer to make there floats, best damned root beer floiats in the world.
snood

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2021 03:15 pm
Amazon Prime just started making all nine seasons of All in the Family available for streaming, and I started watching it from the first episode.
I had been wanting to see this show but wasn’t willing to pay for it. So this is a treat.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2021 06:07 pm
I saw Space Jam: A New Legacy on HBO MAX, rather than going to the movie theater to watch it.

It was fine, but I didn't care for most of it. It is on par with the first film, which I also didn’t care enough for.
There are some decent jokes (like the Michael Jordan joke) but for the most part it is boring.

One odd complaint I have is that it is very noticeable how the basketball crowds only have 3 different settings: idle, cheering, and boring. It is more noticeable because the entire crowd is made of existing characters (Batman, Pennywise, Godzilla, etc), but outside of a handful of interactions, the crowds do nothing at all.