59

The Most Recent Movie You've Seen on Streaming, Broadcast TV, or Movie Theater?

1  
Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2021 12:59 am
@Rebelofnj,
We won’t be watching it. The Kid has coulrophobia and if Pennywise is in the audience that makes it a no go.

1  
Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 10:14 pm
We watched a Peacock release called "Dr. Death", it's based on the true story of Dr. Christopher Duntsch who botched a number of surgeries causing the death or grievous injury to many patients who trusted him with their care. It's very unsettling, and makes you angry. I loved Alec Baldwin and Christian Slater as the doctors who took him down, they played characters that you normally don't see them play.

I wouldn't recommend it for children.
snood

1  
Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 02:40 am
@glitterbag,
I would watch it if it was a movie, but finding out that it’s a whole series I’m not sure if I will.

1  
Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 11:33 am
@snood,
It's unsettling, not a pretty picture about the profit motive in medicine.

1  
Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 12:16 pm
I watched a fairly old one last night. XXY. About a fifteen year old born with both male and female organs. With English subtitles. One of the central questions is whether or not an operation will be performed. It's being left up to the child to decide. It seems that the male side may be winning, since the hormones and such that keep the masculine traits down have been discarded. Pretty graphic.

ehBeth

1  
Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 08:17 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

I saw Space Jam: A New Legacy

It was fine

Saw this last night at a friend's outdoor movie night. Fine about covers it. The best thing is that it was a good change from Scooby Doo, which we'd watched the previous two nights.

1  
Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2021 09:22 pm
I finally caught Clockwork Orange. If I'd known in advance I likely wouldn't have invested the time.