The Most Recent Movie You've Seen on Streaming, Broadcast TV, or Movie Theater?

coluber2001

Reply Sat 25 May, 2019 02:39 pm
@MontereyJack,
There is also an excellent movie, Mrs. Brown, that takes place about two years after the death of Queen Victoria's husband, Albert. She's in seclusion and in a real funk. A servant, Mr. Brown, gains her trust and influences her so much that her staff refers to her as Mrs. Brown behind her back. Starring Judi Dench and Bill Connelly.
oralloy

Reply Sat 25 May, 2019 03:11 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
John Wick 3 Parabellum. Totally mindless and hyperbolic violence and melodrama. Exactly what I wanted to see and expected, because I’d seen the first two. It’s insane the kinds of stunts Keanu Reeves and Halle Berry do at ages 54 and 52 respectively. Phenomenal fight scenes- maybe the best I’ve ever seen. The fight scene with Halle Berry and her two Belgian Malinois attack dogs are flat out A.MAZ.ING. - almost worth the price of admission by itself.

Good fight choreography, but I question the armor-piercing shotgun slugs.
farmerman

Reply Sat 25 May, 2019 07:36 pm
@coluber2001,
That was a great movie and Billy Connolly fans show that hes not just a pretty face comedian.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 25 May, 2019 09:52 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

snood wrote:
John Wick 3 Parabellum. Totally mindless and hyperbolic violence and melodrama. Exactly what I wanted to see and expected, because I’d seen the first two. It’s insane the kinds of stunts Keanu Reeves and Halle Berry do at ages 54 and 52 respectively. Phenomenal fight scenes- maybe the best I’ve ever seen. The fight scene with Halle Berry and her two Belgian Malinois attack dogs are flat out A.MAZ.ING. - almost worth the price of admission by itself.

Good fight choreography, but I question the armor-piercing shotgun slugs.

They are used in military combat to puncture engine blocks. There are even commercially available 12 gauge armor piercing shotgun rounds. Look it up.
panzade

Reply Sun 26 May, 2019 08:05 am
“They Shall Not Grow Old is a 2018 documentary film directed and produced by Peter Jackson. The film was created using original footage of World War I from the Imperial War Museum's archives, most of it previously unseen, alongside audio from BBC and Imperial War Museum (IWM) interviews of British servicemen who fought in the conflict. Most of the footage has been colorized and transformed with modern production techniques, with the addition of sound effects and voice acting to be more evocative and feel closer to the soldiers' actual experiences.”

WOW!
On PPV now. Intense.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 26 May, 2019 08:18 am
@snood,
One of my past metal mfr clients Made AP shotgun slugs out of W carbide. I dont think theyve used depleted U in Shotguns, sold to civilians.

These are mostly used to blow varmints apart at medium ranges. Itll drop a bear mostly because it eviscerates the beast.
oralloy

Reply Sun 26 May, 2019 09:37 am
@farmerman,
I would expect an AP round to leave a narrow wound channel with very little additional damage.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 26 May, 2019 09:38 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
They are used in military combat to puncture engine blocks.

I'm skeptical, but in any case they weren't using them to attack car engines in the movie.

And now that I'm thinking about it, since they are representing his car as a BOSS 429, and since they built fake Mustangs to use in the first two movies instead of smashing up actual classic cars, why didn't they just build fake BOSS 429s instead of building fake ordinary Mustangs and pretending that this is what a BOSS 429 looks like?

snood wrote:
There are even commercially available 12 gauge armor piercing shotgun rounds. Look it up.

I'm sure there are people who sell such rounds, but they would only boost a shotgun's armor penetration to the level of an ordinary non-armor-piercing rifle round.

So why not just use automatic rifles to defend against the attackers (especially since they would get real armor penetration from AP rifle rounds)?
snood

Reply Sun 26 May, 2019 10:13 am
@oralloy,
I’ll think about all that. But maybe we can let this thread be about movies?
If you want you could start a thread about questionable depictions of munitions in media.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 26 May, 2019 11:41 am
@snood,
Last night we watched Ocean's 8, I thought it was terrific. It was chock full of talented actors and very a slick production. I don't remember much buzz about this film but it was very enjoyable.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 26 May, 2019 10:27 pm
@oralloy,
The Wolverine, Unleashed Extended Edition
and
X-Men: Days of Future Past, The Rogue Cut
and
Deadpool

Three more to go and I'll be ready for Dark Phoenix.
oralloy

Reply Mon 27 May, 2019 10:40 pm
@oralloy,
X-Men: Apocalypse 3D
oralloy

Reply Wed 29 May, 2019 03:29 pm
@oralloy,
Logan Noir
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 10:09 am
@oralloy,
Rocketman (2019), 8/10. One of the rare jukebox musicals that actually works as a watchable biopic.

Taron Egerton will likely get an Oscar nod in 2020. And as things go so far? Deservedly so.
coluber2001

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 01:27 pm
@tsarstepan,
Orange County (2002)

I streamed this on Pluto TV.

Starring Colin Hanks--son of Tom--, Jack Black, and, surprisingly, bit parts played by Lily Tomlin, Chevy Chase, and Kevin Kline.

A pretty good comedy about a young, aspiring writer trying to get into Stanford.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 07:55 pm
@oralloy,
Deadpool 2, Super Duper $@%!#& Cut unrated extended edition

All set for Dark Phoenix now.
oralloy

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2019 12:05 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Gosh. With the reviews as bad as they are, maybe I should wait and just rent the Blu-ray. Sad
Lash

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2019 02:11 pm
A Star is Born on HBO. I’m amazed how much I liked it. The two principals and Sam Elliot are unusually talented.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 06:41 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

oralloy wrote:

Gosh. With the reviews as bad as they are, maybe I should wait and just rent the Blu-ray. Sad

Just wait. It's not as bad as the Rotten Tomatoes score makes it out to be. But it is pretty discombobulated and disappointing. Kind of a tepid mess.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 09:48 am
I was just scanning for future movies that I might be interested in seeing one day, and I came across this entry:

"Super Secret Ghost Project (untitled as of yet)"

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=supersecretghostproject.htm

I wonder if that means the theme of the movie involves "ghosts" or if "ghost project" is just to further emphasize how super secret the movie is.
0 Replies