The Most Recent Movie You've Seen on Streaming, Broadcast TV, or Movie Theater?

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2018 01:18 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

because I never got into Marvel Comic's (I'm a girl)

All the hundreds of thousands and thousands of female comic book fans that have existed over the decades and the female geek population that still does presently, rolled their collective eyeballs out of their respective sockets.
engineer

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2018 01:25 pm
Just finished streaming season one of Cobra Kai. For all the Karate Kid fans out there, this is the sequel you didn't know you needed. The original actors come back, our hero is now a successful car dealership owner who karate kicks high prices. His old antagonist Johnny (the bully who gets defeated in the original movie) is a down on his luck, divorced repair man who decides to start back up the old Cobra Kai dojo after saving an immigrant kid from getting beat up by bullies (sounds familiar but with the roles reversed). Season one is ten, half hour episodes. The first two episodes are free on You Tube.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 12:46 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

because I never got into Marvel Comic's (I'm a girl)

All the hundreds of thousands and thousands of female comic book fans that have existed over the decades and the female geek population that still does presently, rolled their collective eyeballs out of their respective sockets.

Hey hey hey, my Dad agreed to get me a subscription to MAD Magazine when all the other kids parents called that Mag garbage. I always had a ton of comics, including Superman....I just liked other things better.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 29 Jun, 2018 10:22 am
@engineer,
I watched the first episode of Cobra Kai, and it wasn't bad. But the second episode revealed the direction it was going. It's pure chop-socky with one star writing. I couldn't sit through it. It's a shame because they could have done something with decent writing.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 10:17 pm
@coluber2001,
Well, I found Lolita tonight......I'm totally creeped out. Sue Lyon was only 14 when she played Lolita.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2018 02:45 pm
On Netflix, I finally viewed Michael Clayton a week or so back (the last full movie I've seen). With Tom Wilkinson, Tilda Swinton and George Clooney as the title character; it was a decent movie and had its moments, however, I found it painfully slow at the start. That said, it did eventually evolve nicely and Wilkinson's performance as Arthur was fantastic.

Additionally, although she was good in her role, I can't figure why or how Swinton nabbed an Oscar. It didn't seem that top-notch (although I may be spoiled in my expectations, having watched her a good dozen times in Snowpiercer).
Lash

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2018 03:02 pm
@Sturgis,
I’ve eyed it for months.

Thanks for the review. I’ll try it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2018 11:10 pm
Ant Man and The Wasp 3D
0 Replies

printstopindia

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 12:30 am
@tsarstepan,
Incredibles 2.
0 Replies

Mak7098

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2018 12:20 pm
@tsarstepan,
Annigilation
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2018 09:34 am
Mission: Impossible - Fallout

The Darkest Minds

The Meg
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2018 12:44 pm
Crazy Rich Asians, pretty good Cinderella story.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2018 01:53 pm
Peppermint
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2018 06:39 pm
The Predator

The House with a Clock in Its Walls
0 Replies

PabloN

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2018 12:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
Last movie I saw was the Meg. Jason Statham was a superhero there but good movie though. Wink
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2018 12:44 pm
Mango Dreams
Watched it on Netflix
Set in India, it concerns a Hindi doctor who is suffering from Dementia and a Muslim driver who helps him on a journey back to his (the doctor's) birthplace.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2018 02:19 pm
The Endless....on Netflix

At first I was like, WTF is this...booooorrrring.

Then I because marginally engaged, then, figured it was worth continuing to watch.

Then....it as BAM! What did I just see....let me rewind that.....holy crap.....What?!

I would recommend if you want a good old thriller mixed w/ horror.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2018 10:21 pm
I just saw
"Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom"
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 02:11 pm
Venom

Based on unfavorable reviews of the 3D conversion, I elected to see it in 2D.

https://www.3dor2d.com/reviews/venom-3d-movie
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2458942/to-3d-or-not-to-3d-buy-the-right-venom-ticket
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2458942/to-3d-or-not-to-3d-buy-the-right-venom-ticket?page=2
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 02:23 pm
Widows - a revenge/heist flick with women driving the action. Good cast; good story. By the same director as 12 Years a Slave.
Lincoln - with Daniel Day Lewis in the title role. Very enlightening as to what went into passing the 13th Amendment. Lewis won best actor for this.