The Most Recent Movie You've Seen on Streaming, Broadcast TV, or Movie Theater?

glitterbag

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 10:10 pm
@ehBeth,
I'd love to see that documentary. I'll be looking for it in the US
Lash

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 08:12 am
Infinity Baby is on tap for this morning! Awesome cast. Streaming on Amazon.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 08:18 am
@glitterbag,
Its first showing was last night- it's just starting on the festival circuit. If there is a documentary film fest near you, look for this. It will also likely show up on a documentary channel at some point. The filmmaker's other docs are also worth looking for.

I'm thinking about Julie, from Oregon, today. She changed Chinese government a little bit because she was worried. So much admiration for her.

___

the film will also be interesting to people who are interested in graphic films and novels
Lash

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 02:08 pm
Amazing, honest recounting of the life of Bobby Kennedy using extensive interviews with the unparalleled Harry Belafonte, among others.

Netflix.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2018 02:09 pm
@Lash,
Infinity Baby is well worth your time if you like prophetic satire.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2018 05:22 pm
Avengers: Infinity War 3D, Dolby Atmos sound
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2018 11:18 pm
@ehBeth,
Right now I'm watching 'Network'. I remember seeing this back in 1976....it holds up well (I think). If it helps, this movie coined the phrase 'I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore" I'm still watching, Peter Finch chewed up the scenery a little, but he was great.

edit: I spoke too soon, there is a bunch of dated cliches..a ton of corny crap...but I'm still watching.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2018 11:56 pm
@glitterbag,
Well, I tried to delete my above post, because at 90 minutes I no longer enjoy this film. It might still be good, maybe I should have waited until the movie was over. I'll be quiet now.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 1 May, 2018 08:43 pm
I just saw on cable tv, War for the Planet of the Apes (2017).
I did see this movie from beginning to the end.
This movie was so boring that it was hard for me to stay awake while watching this movie.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 May, 2018 10:47 am
I've seen a lot of films over the past week and a bit of the Hot Docs festival. A few world premieres, some wonderful Q&A's.

This is one of the films I'd recommend people catching if it shows up at a festival near them or on a documentary channel. God, I love docs.

https://www.warriorwomenfilm.com

Quote:
In the 1970s, with the swagger of unapologetic Indianness, organizers of the American Indian Movement (AIM) fought for Native liberation as a community of extended families.

Warrior Women is the story Madonna Thunder Hawk, one such AIM leader who cultivated a rag-tag gang of activist children - including her daughter Marcy - into a group called the "We Will Remember" survival group. Together, Madonna and Marcy fought for Native rights in an environment that made them more comrades than mother-daughter. Today, with Marcy now a mother herself, both women are still at the forefront of Native issues, fighting against the Dakota Access Pipeline in North Dakota.

Through their story, the film explores what it means to balance a movement with motherhood and how activist legacies are passed down from generation to generation in the face of a government that has continually met native resistance with mass violence.

covers roughly from Wounded Knee to Standing Rock.

this in a double feature with Rumble would be a dream movie night
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 01:24 pm
Deadpool 2
0 Replies

Agent1741

Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 01:57 pm
I think it was "The Shape Of Water" pretty weird movie not one I would buy. I did not care much for the latest Blade Runner either compared to the original. Red Sparrow, Ghost In The Shell, Atomic Blond & the new "Apes " movie I liked. Not a Star Wars or Marvel fan they are dragging out the franchises way to much!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 31 May, 2018 01:21 am
Solo: A Star Wars Story

70 foot screen, dual 4K projectors, Dolby Atmos sound

Han shot first!
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2018 08:01 pm
There's a great movie on Netflix with Amanda Seyfriend and Clive Owen called Anon. It's set in a dystopian future where everything we see and hear is known to authorities, because everyone has some form of Google glass in their eyes. If you can hack the system, you can alter everyone's reality.
Agent1741

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2018 08:40 pm
Watched "Thunderbirds" on YouTube last night made by Gerry Anderson!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2018 06:55 am
@Kolyo,
****. I can see that on the horizon.
0 Replies

Agent1741

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2018 02:58 pm
Saw "Criminal" on tv yesterday was fairly good, even has Gal Gadot in it!
0 Replies

SilentSyren

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2018 07:44 pm
Once Bitten
Saw it yesterday. It was pretty good.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2018 10:01 pm
Watched The Black Panther Saturday night. It was way much better than I thought it would be, but only because I never got into Marvel Comic's (I'm a girl) Not only was it exciting, there was no profanity (how refreshing) it was a film I would feel comfortable taking my 7 year old granddaughter to see.
oralloy

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 01:52 pm
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 3D
0 Replies