The Most Recent Movie You've Seen on Streaming, Broadcast TV, or Movie Theater?

glitterbag

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 12:10 am
@Sturgis,
Watched Three Billboards tonight. Very dark but I enjoyed it a lot. The acting is fantastic....I particularly liked Sam Rockwell.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 03:17 am
@glitterbag,
I saw Get Out last night. Really good horror/thriller with lots of twists.

https://o.aolcdn.com/images/dims?resize=270%2C400&quality=70&image_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fmoviefone%2Fimages%2Fposters%2Fgttposter_1488397681.jpg&client=cbc79c14efcebee57402&signature=cf4c7605a45bdb614502afefaded2a777657f50c
panzade

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 09:09 am
@izzythepush,
Good one.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 09:38 am
@panzade,
I'm still thinking about it. It's one of those films that stay with you.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2018 08:55 pm
@izzythepush,
We liked it too, watched it a few months back.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2018 01:18 am
LADY BIRD was the last I saw at the cinema.

It was pretty decent.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2018 02:42 am
@centrox,
It won the Oscar. I’ll have to find it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2018 07:54 pm
on the schedule for Sat night

Eric Clapton: Life in 12 Bars

part of the This Film Should Be Played Loud series

I'm hooked

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/eric-clapton-life-in-12-bars-2018
farmerman

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2018 09:43 pm
@ehBeth,
WIND RIVER, a modern day western , excellent.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2018 09:45 pm
I caught Wonder Woman nearing the end last night. Maybe if I watch the beginning it will seem greater than it did.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2018 10:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
My grand daughter (age 6) has been watching the old Wonder Woman TV series and is totally jazzed. She has a terrible Wonder Woman costume that she insists on wearing around. But, what the hell, it makes her happy, and although WW is a fictional character, if she enjoys it and if it makes her feel good it's fine with me. I'd rather her be enchanted by Wonder Woman than by weak characters (male or female)......I just hope she (like her Dad and Uncles) persevere and find their happiest way in life.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2018 10:35 pm
@glitterbag,
When that series aired, somebody I knew felt the same way. It's so long ago, I don't recall details. I think it's great that strong women can have movies too. I am not a great fan of most comic book hero movies, so my opinion does not carry much weight.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2018 11:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
I barely remember it myself, I remember that Linda Carter was beautiful and a good role model (although at the time it just seemed like fantasy to me) for my grand daughter. I wanted to be Daniel Boone, loved the coon skin cap, but there were no strong women back when I was 6 or 7 who were heroes.......except for women like my Mom and Grandmother.....but they didn't trumpet their strength so I didn't see them as hero's back then...I've since realized how strong and wonderful they were....but so was my Grand dad and Dad....I really don't know how I would have turned out if it hadn't been for the support of the Grandparents and my wonderful Parents.......they all gave me strength.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2018 06:19 am
@glitterbag,
Back then strong women on TV were often the like of Murphy Brown. Not athletic, but strong in other ways.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2018 06:06 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
WIND RIVER, a modern day western , excellent.

I didn't see it, but I noticed when it came out, as it was the exact place that I was planning to see the eclipse, although last minute weather forecasts ultimately prompted me to divert to Casper.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2018 06:10 pm
Death Wish (Bruce Willis reboot)

Game Night

Death Wish was pretty much exactly what you'd expect of a Bruce Willis reboot of Death Wish. Whether that is good or bad depends on what you think of that sort of movie.

Game Night was good. I concur with Rotten Tomatoes' "certified fresh" rating for the movie and highly recommend it.

Note also that Game Night has a scene at the very end of the credits. So don't walk out when the credits start rolling.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2018 11:36 pm
I saw Annihilation last night for $5. Refreshments were twice that of course.

(Apocalypse Now + 2001 + Gunter Grass's The Flounder) / 3 = Annihilation

It was the weird kind of sci-fi. Not like Star Wars.
The other kind -- the Lem kind -- that stretches the idea of what it means to be a manifestation of the life force.

Weird, but good.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2018 07:02 am
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:

I saw Annihilation last night for $5. Refreshments were twice that of course.

(Apocalypse Now + 2001 + Gunter Grass's The Flounder) / 3 = Annihilation

It was the weird kind of sci-fi. Not like Star Wars.
The other kind -- the Lem kind -- that stretches the idea of what it means to be a manifestation of the life force.

Weird, but good.

The Southern Reach trilogy where the first book was adapted to make this movie? Pretty short books. Amazing science fiction.
oralloy

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2018 07:12 am
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:
Refreshments were twice that of course.

I always skip the refreshments.

I'll skip drinks no matter what so I don't end up with a full bladder mid-movie. I even avoid drinking for a number of hours before I go to the movie.

And I'll always skip popcorn or anything else that will make me even thirstier.

If I were wealthier though I'd buy some of those potent sour candies to combat my thirst, since they make your mouth water. But not at my current level of wealth, considering the prices they charge.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2018 11:22 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

The Southern Reach trilogy where the first book was adapted to make this movie? Pretty short books. Amazing science fiction.

Yes, I think so.

I may even find the time to read the other 2 books.

As long as they're not making a film sequel,
because then I would have to wait until that came out.
0 Replies