Survivor 9: Vanuatu

Debra Law

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 11:14 pm
Finals
From the previews, it looks like Eliza is going to pick a big fight with Twila over "trust" issues. Eliza is such an idiot. If Twila and Scout did not grab Chris and stage a coup against Ami, et al., Eliza would be GONE. Eliza ought to be kissing butt to remain firm in the final four plans instead of stirring the pot.

Unless Eliza rocks the boat and ticks off everyone, I think Julie will be voted out next week. The final four will be Chris, Eliza, Scout, and Twila.

Prediction:

Final three: Chris, Scout, and Twila

Final two: Scout and Twila

Winner: Twila
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 05:30 am
Has the curse of the car been lifted? It used to be the 'rule' that whomever won the car was the next one voted off. Maybe the producers have fixed that by having the top three go on the reward......

j
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 11:41 am
Didn't both of the final two (Rob and Amber?) on All Star win cars?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 05:05 am
Oh, yeah, but that was different, that was fixed..... Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 07:58 pm
Danggit, Danggit, Danggit!!! I am so upset. lol

At first I was so glad Eliza got the immunity. As I've stated, I dig her.

Then I thought it was gold that Scout was listening to them (Chris and Eliza) in the background talk.

But then they voted the wrong person off (good for the game, not good for me). I love the drama!

Nothing is set in stone though. The game wouldn't be worth watching if things didn't change at the last minute.
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 09:34 pm
I hated to see Julie voted off because she has played the game so well but I believe Chris made the best decision to keep himself in the game. He hasn't done so well against her or Eliza in the challenges and unless Eliza goes on an immunity tear that I think it's fair to say Eliza is next to be voted off. Looks like it's all coming down to who wins immunity.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 09:37 pm
You've got that right and he can still go to Eliza and say Look, it's you and me, babe, while all the time thinking if it's him against either Scout or Twila in the final two, he may win..........
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 10:26 pm
Chris
Strategically, Chris has a better chance of winning final immunity if he competes against Scout and Twila in the final three. Both Eliza and Julie proved they can kick butt during challenges. On tonight's episode, Julie won the luxury competition with Eliza on her heels -- and Eliza won the immunity competition with Julie on her heels.

Strategically, Chris has a better chance of getting the women's votes and winning the million dollars if he is against Scout or Twila at the end.

Therefore, I don't understand why Chris was waffling on tonight's episode. Why would he ever consider going to the final three with Eliza and Julie rather than Scout and Twila?

The only GOOD thing that came out of Chris's waffling was watching the air fizzle out of Eliza's smuggly inflated ego.

Eliza gloatingly thought she was going to pull a coup and break-up the "power" couple, Scout and Twila. Eliza was sitting at the tribal council, she had a smug look on her face, and she was eagerly anticipating the look on Twila's face when the final vote was read.

SURPRISE. It was not Eliza's time to show her famous smug face. It was not Eliza's time to gloat. Julie was voted out -- not Twila. What the heck? Ha Ha Ha, Eliza. Chris got you to write down Twila's name. Chris got you to show your true colors.

Anyhoo . . . after writing down Twila's name tonight, who do you think will be the NEXT one voted out of the tribe? My bet is on Eliza.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 01:06 pm
However, if the final immunity challenge is a balancing/stamina type, Twila has shown she is the best in that type and in the past that is the type of challenge that last has always been. Basically if Chris shows up with any of the remaining 3 in the final two, he has a good shot at winning the most votes. Scout is not particularly liked, Twila has rubbed too many the wrong way and everyone at one point wanted to boot Eliza.

I think Chris would consider keeping Julie because that would give him a greater chance to be in the final three. Twila and Scout are they only two I feel will keep each other until the end. Considering the final 4, if Chris does not win immunity, it could come to a 2 to 2 tie with the possibility of Chris pulling a rock (if they do a rock type of tie breaker).

The next vote will be dependent on who wins immunity. Leaving Scout out as it is so unlikely for her to win immunity unless the challenge is just pure dumb luck. Any case, it would be most likely that it is Eliza unless she wins immunity, which she is more than capable of. There is also a chance of the 2 to 2 tie or even going against Chris. You never know.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 07:19 am
Just a note. The finale is tonight (Sunday) at 8 pm (eastern).

I think Chris has a good chance to win.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 08:54 am
Yipes! I forgot! Thanks........ setting record program....

J
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 09:22 am
Oh! Tonight! Thanks!

My original pick was Scout, I could imagine a final two of Scout and Twila and Scout winning. But Chris is a compelling storyline -- the one who somehow stuck it out against all odds. I don't see Eliza winning, but "young hot woman" consistently breaks the pattern -- CBS loves having the "Survivor" calendars or something, I dunno. (Though that poor skeleton really needs to eat before she gets anywhere near hot.)
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 12:50 pm
Yeah, my gut doesn't make me think Eliza is winning either. I thought Julie was prettier.
0 Replies

sophie99

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 08:27 pm
Hmmm.... Battle of the Sexes? Should be interesting. Feel an affinity for both...thought Chris would have been out long ago...sure couldn't walk a balance beam..Twila...good ole mouthy broad
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 08:47 pm
to me Chris is a weak male - interesting he lasted - LOL
0 Replies

sophie99

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 08:52 pm
Agreed. Pure luck? Being in the right situations at the right time...I think all the spiel about strategy gives more credit than deserved..
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 09:07 pm
Ughhh. I hate being wrong. This season wasn't good.
0 Replies

sophie99

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 09:18 pm
Ewwwwwww. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 01:28 am
I haven't seen much of this show (two episodes the first season and this season starting from when Rory got voted off) so I wasn't prepared for my apathy at the conclusion. Not because I disliked either of the finalists but more for what the show symbolizes. The contestant who can lie, betray and scheme the most effectively is rewarded with a million dollars.

The show is a contradiction in itself. The reward/immunity challenges are supposed to bring out the best in the contestants and rewards it with exemption to the tribal council vote while the rest of the show showcases the worst qualities of them. It's a fascinating display of human nature.

There is much worse on television these days and Survivor is an entertaining show and I have enjoyed watching so I expect I'll be watching next season.

Kudos to Scout for calling everyone out on their self-righteousness. Everyone was deceptive at some point and I don't see the difference between Twila's deception and anyone else's.

Sarge sure wanted to make it clear that he's an American with that shirt he was wearing at the reunion show and apparently has the inside track on who's going to burn in hell and who isn't. He must have not been listening to what Scout had just said.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 02:53 am
Congratulations Chris
I'm glad Eliza was voted out and Chris, Scout, and Twila were the final three. I thought Twila's strong will would push her to win final immunity, but Chris had the advantage. Any one of the final three deserved to win the million.

Congratulations to Chris for winning Survivor Vanuatu. He won three out of the last four immunity challenges -- he managed to make it to the end against all odds.
0 Replies