Survivor 9: Vanuatu

sozobe

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 01:40 pm
It's a water *source*, but they need to boil it before they can drink it.

Prolly right about rain, though.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 03:27 am
Joahaeyo, Not a fly on the nose. It's a bit of tabby. His tabby stripes landed in strange places.

Soz, You're giving up on your demographic analysis and predictions? Tres disappointing. I don't think an African American man has ever won. I don't think it's going to happen this time, though.
0 Replies

Vegemietian

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 07:27 am
hey guys. Was doing a search on survivor forums and stumbled across this little beauty.

/add to favorites. Smile

Cos i live in Australia i wont be able to watch the 1st episode until tuesday but i already know who gets evicted. I do have one question though which i hope one of you guys could help me out with - i remember something about a survivor channel on IRC and i think it is #survivor-central, but which server to i connect to? Ive forgotten how to go about getting to it. If i remember correctly you have to get invited or something Question
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 07:38 am
I don't know the answer to your question, just wanted to welcome you to the board. The "General" forum here at this site is a great place to introduce yourself and yak it up. Smile

One of the other boards on the internet made specifically for "Survivor" may know more about that kind of stuff. I'm not trying to steer you from this board, just trying to be helpful.
0 Replies

Vegemietian

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 07:41 am
ok thanks mate.

Edit: just did a search and the user Caprice who posted a bit in the Pearl Islands thread mentioned it. Tried to pm her but it doesnt work.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 02:25 pm
CBS has a Survivor site -- it's where I got all my info last year when I had no TV:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor9/
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 07:15 pm
OK I just went through all of the profiles, lots of interesting demographics. The ones who jump out demographics-wise are Rory, Chad, Julie, Ami, and Scout. I haven't considered sexual orientation as a demographic, but there's been a gay male winner (Richard Hatch) maybe time for a lesbian winner. (Both Ami and Scout are, evidently.) Scout is both lesbian and REALLY old. 69! (Apologies to 69-year-olds, but that IS pretty old for this show.)

I don't know if she can do it, physically, though. She had an awfully hard time in the first challenge, and has gone through a lot, (cancer, complete knee reconstruction...)

If Chad turns out to be the gutsier version of Christy Smith, he could do it, and that'd be a big deal. He's just a bit too obvious, though.

Julie is evidently Native American.

Right now I think I'm going toward Ami. Jenna-Amber-Ami seems unpromising, demographics-wise (young hot gal - young hot gal - young hot gal) but at least Rupert won the second mil, mix things up a bit. Two lesbians seems to be stacking the deck a bit (though also a way to shake things up in the all-female tribe I guess), and Ami seems to have a better chance than Scout.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 01:47 am
Thanks, Soz. I rely on your acumen in these matters.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 10:17 am
Linkat wrote:

I also felt that the men turned their back on Chris. Only one was encouraging him. I think if they all pulled together and encouraged him, he may have tried harder. Instead most of them turned their backs and looked at him in disgust. Remember it is a team effort and next time it could be a challenge where you are weak.

Chris is stupid.

he couldn't even apologize for losing the challange. He was too stuck on staying and being right then admiting it was his fat belly that didn't allow the men to win.

I saw that balance beam and knew the men lost. Just like in the Amazon. It was apparent it was going to be a repeat.

Stupid Chris. He is going to be an annoying thorn in the side of Good. Whore. I hope he gets kicked off before the mereg because he doesn't diserve to be there.

Outlast--he outlasted NO ONE. He didn't even cross the beam. he is the only loser who gave up and didn't even bother finishing.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 10:27 am
I agree he is not very bright, but what is your objective as a team? You should try to play as a team. In my opinion, they should either vote off Rory or Chris - as they do not seem to be physical or smart which is what you want initially. Like someone stated earlier if you get rid of your stronger players, you team will be at a disadvantage when you go into the merge. I think the men are over confidant and feel they will be able to win the future immunities over the women. That is probably why they were not concerned about dumping a strong player.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 10:45 am
So one of the strongest of the men players is gone. And the biggest mouth in the women's tribe. I've having a tough time getting a sense of these people. I also don't entirely follow the reasoning behind the men's determination to get rid of the strongest players so early in the game.

So far the players I like are Scout and the drill sergeant.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 11:17 am
I missed it!

Hadda watch the debate, and 2.5 hours of TV wasn't in the cards.

Scout's still around? The longer she stays, the better she looks.

I'm thinking her or Ami more and more.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 11:21 am
Soz, here in the East, Survivor was on before the debate. Two people got voted off this time--one from each tribe. This makes me suspicious. Aren't there so many players and so many weeks? Might somebody come back?!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 11:23 am
Oh, Scout's 59, not 69. That must've been a typo elsewhere. (Or maybe this one's the typo...?)

Maybe Rory...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 11:25 am
Interesting point, Roberta! Hmmm....

I'm in the EST, too, Survivor was on before the debates -- I just didn't have enough time to watch an hour of Survivor and then and hour and a half of the debates. One or the other.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 11:49 am
Laughing God, don't you know how to adjust your priorities? Or at least hit the record button...... Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 12:32 pm
:-P
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 04:54 am
I hope they don't do that 'back from the dead,' thing with this group. I hated that 'Outcasts' tribe idea. It's a game, once you're out you're out.

So, I haven't really been paying much attention except that I know the girly-girlys have been trying to gang up on the crones and the younger men have getting outsmarted by the long in the tooth lions. So, it this a microcosm of life or what?
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 07:56 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
I haven't really been paying much attention except that I know the girly-girlys have been trying to gang up on the crones and the younger men have getting outsmarted by the long in the tooth lions. So, it this a microcosm of life or what?

Nope, that's just the way CBS edited the damn thing! I'm thinking that these guys are players. Scout's all nicey-nice to people's faces, but extremely judgemental in front of the camera. Twila's about the same whether in front of an audience of her peers or the camera... Ami's plea that Twila give the bowheads a chance is anticipating a merge when the women will either have to side together or with the men... And Sarge's alliance with the long toothed fellas... well, that'll go over until there is a merge, but then what? Sarge is clearly a leader and will be voted out, as will Rory, if he isn't out before any merge... Chad, Brady, John K, and Chris are all playing the game, but using different strategies... Cool I'm enjoying the game this season, but waiting for the merge, which I predict to be soon... Laughing The wimmin may just stick together, but the men certainly won't... Wink
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 07:49 pm
I think it's dumb that the younger guys haven't come up with an "attack back" strategy against the older ones. Well, it took them a long time to even attempt to react.

This season is boring, and I find myself doing other things when it's on. Joey (tv show) is starting to look better and better.
0 Replies