Survivor 9: Vanuatu

princesspupule

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 07:56 pm
See, I watchit w/my kids, and we all talk during the show (except when we are at Chili's house, he's the culprit who got us addicted to this show...) Wink Anyway, it's interesting to watch as armchair sociologists. We comment on what we think might be their strategy, even my 5 year old! Smile It's an interactional television program to us!

Surprised Shocked Smile Surprised (The Pupule family watching...)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 08:16 pm
Okay, here's how it's going to play out. The last four old duffs merge with the six women and are never heard from again.

Joe
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 02:43 am
The men's strategy has a serious flaw. They're so busy worrying about the strong guys after the merge that they've failed to focus on the numbers going into the merge. If their numbers are lower than the women's, they'll be picked off one by one.

The alliances along age lines for both the men and the women have made the show predictable. Read that as less interesting than in past shows.

I wonder what's in store next week. An early merge? In the coming attractions the host told the players to dump their duffs.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 06:54 am
Wait.

News flash or hot flash I can't tell yet which. If there's a merge do you think the old guys will align with the crones or the hotties? If they are dumb (and they are) they will go for the youngins and get knocked off quick. The crones tend to value hard work, which the men can do, and would be willing to hold off knocking them off as long as there was food or other labor being produced.

Is anyone else thrilled that we don't have to witness a Rob and Amber trystfest (cleaned up) this time out?

Joe
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:51 am
Joe, I'm thrilled that Rob and Amber aren't there. Could be another trystfest when the men and women merge. And there go all previous alliances.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 08:47 am
Right, I think that's part of what they're counting on.

And the lesbian thing hasn't come up yet, has it? Hmmm. I really think that's gonna be an issue at some point. Prolly when the women are starting to look TOO cohesive. Isn't there a bible thumper or two? (I have to check. I thought the gal with blindingly white teeth had some churchy connection.)

(I only watched the last 20 minutes or so, saw the women win the puzzle thing then the aftermath.)

I can't figure it out yet re: Rory. He seems an obvious winner... not out yet, smarter than he's acting, reasonably strong, anyone would pick him to go into the final vote, now. A little too obvious, though.

Scout? I didn't see Rupert, but they seemed to love how much people loved him, making sure he had a chance to get the mil. Scout seems like she could be in that mold, yet.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 08:50 am
Yep, blindingly white teeth gal is a born-again Christian.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor9/survivors/bios/lisa.shtml
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 10:12 am
B O R I N G

same old same pretty much - bring in an expert learn a few skills and play mostly the same games as last year and throw in a volcano - what's new with that - some of us live in Washington State Cool
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 05:02 am
I missed the beginning. By the time I tuned in, Rory and Bubba were on the team with the woman and were losing the immunity challenge.

What happened?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 05:40 am
The teams were asked to pick a leader. They picked Sarge and Scout. The teams were then brought together and told they would be reorganized by the leaders. One leader would pick the teams, the other leader would get to pick which team to lead. After playing Stone, Paper, Scissors to decide who would get to do the division, Scout divided the teams. (Not well, IMO)

Then they did a reward challenge for beer and chips.

Then I went to check on the barbeque chicken, answered two phone calls and missed the rest except for watching Bubba get his ass kicked off (apparently he was trying to signal the other team before the challenge wha wha hwa,,,,,)
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 08:01 am
Joe, Thanks. What you saw and what I saw equal one whole show. This Survivor is not all that interesting. What's the problem? The people? Maybe. The alliances have not been devious; they've been relatively transparent.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 10:09 pm
Seriously... beer and Pringles(tm)?

Howzabout Wonderbread(tm) and Crystal Light(tm)?

(And what was with the no-name beer? Was the lame challenge even lamer to begin with, and they had to make do with some local brew at the last minute? You'd think Survivor would have a sponsor for suds.)
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 03:27 am
women
I think the women of Yasur made a big mistake by keeping Rory and voting out another woman.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 07:04 am
I missed it! (This one's not the grabbiest of all "Survivors", is it?) I was doing this and that and then had a vague feeling that there was something I wanted to watch and then went "d'oh" and looked at my watch and it was 9:05. Ah well.

If Rory is STILL around, he's looking way good. I forgot something in my previous calculations, sympathetic vs. dastardly. Was Rupert the last winner? If so, dastardly might be next -- Rory's not exactly dastardly, but he's not that sympathetic either.

I didn't see one word about Scout in the website summary, any comments on what she did or didn't do?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 07:19 am
Scout really did not do much at all. But she was the only one to vote for Rory besides Lisa. Scout could not go against her original alliance. Who they voted off did not make much sense to me. If they decided to go away from their original alliance and keep a man so that they would have some additional strength, I wonder why they did not kick off some one who was weaker. Lisa did not show any weaknesses in the challenges. I also wonder why the heck they keep Scout. She seems to be well liked, but is typically not good at any of the challenges. It seems the women are beginning to make some bad judgement calls.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 07:43 am
Soz, Rupert didn't win either Survivor he participated in. He won the million bucks based on viewer preferences.

I'm beginning to have doubts about Scout. Strange decisions. Not offering much in the challenges.

Rory is hanging in. He may end up with the most votes of anyone who managed to hang around for a while. I'll be interested to see the men's reaction when they realize he's still there.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 01:16 pm
woohoo! Thanks to whoever made this thread a sticky and replaced the older one. Smile

Anyone know who the moderators are? I just know of jespah.
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 11:18 am
I think that Amy's running the show on the girls team now. And she wanted Lisa gone because it took the power out of Scout's hands. Any thoughts?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 12:14 pm
Jer, You may be right. With Lisa gone, it will be interesting to see how the dynamics of the tribe change.

This is not the most exciting Survivor by a long shot, but I'm looking forward to the reaction when the male tribe sees that Rory is still there.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 07:26 pm
What the dingdang happened?? The two wussies who couldn't help their team are still there and Lisa is gone. Gee, is Amy calling the shots? Yahhuh!
0 Replies