Survivor 9: Vanuatu

sozobe

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 10:19 am
Right, what Linkat said. They didn't hate him, they feared him. Strategy seems to have shifted toward getting the threats off early, even if they can help the team with little details like fire and water.

(Yes, I got sucked in. Sigh. It was pure coincidence -- I haven't watched any TV in ages and just wanted to sit and veg. Actually planned on watching Joey. Totally sucked. Flipped through channels. Ooooohh...)
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 10:32 am
Woohoo! Another season of Survivor...

The old guys gathered together and voted brooke off because they needed to minimize the young clique's numbers - giving them the upper hand.

The reason they chose Brooke, I think, is because he was strong but not the strongest - JP or the FBI guy would be considered the strongest I think.

The old guys didn't want to cripple the team but needed to make sure that the young guys couldn't pick them off one after another.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 10:41 am
I like that the women are being treated like second class citizens by the natives. They really have the right idea on that island.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 10:56 am
Know where I'd like to kick you?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 11:13 am
Well if the women are 2nd class, what does that make the men seeing the women kicked their butt in the challenge?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 12:11 pm
Hee hee. I love trouble.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 12:34 pm
book
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 12:38 pm
I agree with what Jer is saying about choosing a young guy, category-wise, but not THE strongest young guy.

Chris might turn out to be a contendah -- the kind that if he doesn't go right away, he stays a good long time.

Not sure what I think about him. I think it was really dumb of him to keep trying to walk instead of just getting down and shimmying. One slow shimmy would have gotten him across way faster than a zillion short-lived walks.

Question about water -- do you think they literally have no water at all? Or just like very limited amounts parceled out by producers to keep 'em from collapsing? How long can people function without water?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 12:40 pm
Kicky I would love to meet you on the challenge that was done on the show- I would kick your butt no problem! I think my prior gymnastics would help out and you toking on the cigarette would be huffing and puffing in my dust!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 01:01 pm
I'd whoop you. Come on! Yer just a girl!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 01:02 pm
Heeven wrote:
Know where I'd like to kick you?

Yes, I think I do. Laughing
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 01:56 pm
Just like those "girls" whooped the "boys". Guys are full of hot air. They prance around like peacocks trying to strut their stuff, but us "girls" know you are full of sh*t.

Not only would my gymnastics background help in both crawling and on balancing, in the past several weekends, I have been spending hours at the playground, crawling around and climbing through all the equipment, and they do have a twisty balance beam that I have been walking across regularly with my two little monsters.

Come on down to the playground tomorrow afternoon and I'll show you a thing or two! My daughters would have a good laugh as you fall on your face as they scream "Yeah mom! Beat that good for nothings butt!"
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 02:04 pm
sozobe wrote:

Question about water -- do you think they literally have no water at all? Or just like very limited amounts parceled out by producers to keep 'em from collapsing? How long can people function without water?

I thought they looked way to healthy for 2 1/2 days or so with no water.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 02:04 pm
Linkat,

I'm rubber and your glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to YOU!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 02:21 pm
Would you stop trying to get Linkat to stick to you! Sheesh.

I thought they looked pretty good for no water, maybe they are smart enough to sip some off the wet leaves or catch some rain in tee-shirts and suck it dry.

So far I thought the show was pretty flat.

Except for whats-her-breasts who was whining that the older women were making the younger ones look bad because the younger ones were taking " a needed break."

Joe
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 02:30 pm
Quote:
I agree with what Jer is saying about choosing a young guy, category-wise, but not THE strongest young guy.

I was told this morning that the so called "strongest" guy was strong b/c he knew how to start the fires, so he was too vital. then they decided to go for 2nd strongest.

I hope this explodes and causes serious drama early on. In the time being, it will help the odds go up for the girls to win these challenges if they continue to vote off young male players
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 05:44 pm
The men's strategy might backfire. If they vote off the players who can help them win challenges and continue to lose to the women, by the time they get to the merge, they'll be seriously outnumbered and picked off one by one.

Hey Soz, Got any predictions?
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 05:55 pm
Every time I see your avatar, I think there is a fly on your cat's nose. Wink
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 08:09 am
Predictions? Moi?

So far I've only seemed to be able to do it after watching a while -- I think that's because Survivor is heavily edited after all and I get a bead on where they're going...?

Or maybe it was dumb luck. If so, luck ended last year. (Who won, again?)

Oh but excuse! I never watched a single one last year! Just did the demographics thing.

What do the rest of you guys think about the water? (I agree husker, especially with all that exertion...)
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 12:52 pm
I thought they said there was water at the camp along w/a machete and a pot? Confused So, I thought they would use what they had to catch some more, especially if it rains like that every night (that's how it is here, then dry most days...) I'm betting Brady will win b/c he's hot Exclamation , although my dd13 prefers one of the Johns...
0 Replies