Is Zell Miller Suffering from a Mental Disorder?

Sofia

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 12:16 pm
Piffka asked--

These are better things that are expected by American citizens and they do come from a hard-won fight. Who do you think waged that fight? Who did they fight every step of the way?
----------------

The men who landed on Omaha beach, the military nurse at Pearl Harbor, the Sullivan boys, Timber, my neighbor's son, George Washington, Florence Nightingale, Harry Truman, my father, his father...

They fought those who would take our freedom.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 12:36 pm
Oh for God's sake... don't wrap yourself in that flag, Sophie, you just look silly. My family is, was and probably always will be, more closely involved in the military than yours... my husband, my father, his father, my father-in-law, my brother, my brother-in-law (but NOT the Republican one)... oh, and did I mention my son?

This just gets lame.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 12:37 pm
Perhaps rather than a mental disorder one should consider the very real possibility that Zell Miller is just a Judas....a self serving prick who knows exactly what he's doing...selling his loyalty to advance himself in some way and make a gain in power, money and/or both......a lap dog hanging around under the masters table because he knows that means scraps will be falling.....the most disgusting form of life on the food chain...a remora.....a scavenger......
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 12:40 pm
That "my family is better than your family" is for a playground. I wonder if you appreciate their sacrifices as much as I do.

Do you give them credit for winning our hard won fight?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 01:01 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
...Zell Miller is just a Judas.........the most disgusting form of life on the food chain...

he really messes with my daily struggle in la la land to convince these folks that there are more southerners like me than him. as does the vast majority of southern republican luminaries these days. he's just more old school, a real cracker.

yep they just laugh; " dude! the "new south"???? what new south?? yeah, as if! ".

Embarrassed
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 01:05 pm
Just like "I'm more patriotic than you?"

I haven't read anything on these forums that takes credit away from our armed forces for any hard won fights. However, as in Vietnam, the Spanish-American War and the War in Mexico, among others and very much looking like it will include Iraq, the politics of the war can't be given credit for a hard won fight. In many instances it's politically a hard lost fight and can mean a military hard lost war no matter how many battles are won.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 01:08 pm
Those reformed segragationists are reformed on the surface but I find it difficult to believe they are reformed in the heart -- that includes every last one of them.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 01:11 pm
Lightwizard wrote:

I haven't read anything on these forums that takes credit away from our armed forces for any hard won fights. However, as in Vietnam, the Spanish-American War and the War in Mexico, among others and very much looking like it will include Iraq, the politics of the war can't be given credit for a hard won fight. In many instances it's politically a hard lost fight and can mean a military hard lost war no matter how many battles are won.

I have to agree with LW's red. Its not always about our national security. Its not always noble. Although, those who serve aren't tarnished by bad or questionable political reasons.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 01:58 pm
Sofia wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:

I have to agree with LW's red. Its not always about our national security. Its not always noble. Although, those who serve aren't tarnished by bad or questionable political reasons.

sofia, wanna put some money on that?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 03:00 pm
dyslexia wrote:

sofia, wanna put some money on that?

this is gonna get real interesting...
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 03:43 pm
I want to make sure we're reading this the same way.

LW said--
I haven't read anything on these forums that takes credit away from our armed forces for any hard won fights. However, as in Vietnam, the Spanish-American War and the War in Mexico, among others and very much looking like it will include Iraq, the politics of the war can't be given credit for a hard won fight.
------
and I said--
I have to agree with LW's red. Its not always about our national security. Its not always noble. Although, those who serve aren't tarnished by bad or questionable political reasons
---------

I have changed my view about VietNam probably a couple of times since the war was over. I can't in good conscience say the loss of life was worth what we sought to acheive. I felt that LW was saying sometimes our wars aren't noble--although our troops are. They aren't calling the plays, they just do what they feel is their service to our country.

I don't have a decent view of the Spanish-American view, or the War with Mexico, so I just responded in general terms.

What disagreement do you have with me?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 05:27 pm
Recent surfacing of facts about the War with Mexico and the Spanish-American War have revealed more political corruption than was ever suspected in the past. I can't say I didn't benefit from the Vietnam war as I worked for a company as a controller during the beginnings of that conflict who provided a lot of infrastructure improvements in South Vietnam. The irony is that infrastructureimprovement ended up benefitting the communists.

Caveat emptor -- which is increasingly looking like what has happened in Iraq.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 11:50 pm
Sofia wrote:
<I was hoping you wouldn't think I was suggesting that YOU personally move. It just seems so many people here really hate America. ...all the negative comments, comparisons and criticisms. If I felt that way, I'd just go.>

God, I do detest this black/white model for thinking.

There are things you don't like about your kid's school, so you gotta blow it up.

There are aspects to your child's personality or behavior you don't like, so have have to take him out back and shoot him between the eyes.

A wife says to her husband "I hate the way you leave beer cans on the coffee table", so therefore it's logical that she must leave the relationship.

Nobody here "hates America". Lots of people here hate certain characteristics of America and love other characteristics of America.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 03:34 am
the elimination of grey in the american perview is quite distressing. i could swear we used to be a smarter bunch.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 03:46 am
The rule is: if someone agrees completely with you on every subject, they love America, if someone is off message on any subject they are suspect and if they murmur a slight demurrer, they hate America.

and you.

Rolling Eyes
then try talking to them.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 04:02 am
shite, man. i love my country. and despite my better judgement, i love most americans.
but sometimes the president(s) and "his" government(s) bother me. if some people can't deal with that, too bad.
god knows i've had to put up with it from them enough times.

i'm not patriotic enough for ya?

bla, bla, bla...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 07:29 am
During the 90s, when conservatives were freaking out at not having control of the government and doing their damndest to bring down a president using taxpayer money, did anyone accuse them of hating America?
0 Replies

John Kerry

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 07:42 am
Kerry is the one who is a liar...specially about Vietnam. He may have to pull out of the race...make room for Hitlery
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 07:45 am
Looks like "shaggy dog" is back.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 07:48 am
The Trolls have abandond the sinking Abuzz.
0 Replies