Is Zell Miller Suffering from a Mental Disorder?

georgeob1

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 06:46 am
Lash wrote:
...I never thought a liberal would want to take choice from poor people to better themselves. How did the Dems wind up on that side of this issue?

On many issues, this one included, Liberals are generally convinced they know better what is good for us than we do ourselves. They apply their brand of secular 'religion' just as intolerantly as do those they so ardently criticize.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 07:04 am
thank you george......It's always good to be corrected first thing in the morning. Laughing

Please excuse me........being a liberal and all, I had the idea that I knew it all. Still do. You can't teach me a thing.

Nice to see you again, btw.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 07:21 am
Good morning darling. I too often like a little correction first thing in the morning.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 11:32 am
Is this advice for those who have taken a mental laxative the night before?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 12:25 pm
ok george.........that made me laugh out load. Smarty

and yes, LW.........I believe it may be. Very funny.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 12:33 pm
I think that could be too many martinis? Drunk Laughing
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 12:34 pm
(I meant, of course, the night before -- not that anyone would be downing martinis that hour of the morning unless you're in Rome).
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 12:38 pm
Quote:
I think that could be too many martinis?

Yes, LW.......that or other substances that lead to a sense of gratification and later guilt. I believe so. Pretty good system.......first you get to indulge and then you get to be punished. Perfect. Laughing
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 12:46 pm
Yep -- if the hangover could only preceeded the intoxication, alcholism might become a virtue.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 05:02 pm
...all very funny,
But can you explain why the Dems want to take choice from poor blacks?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 05:07 pm
it's their nature which is why I am an anarchist. now come sit on my knee while I explain about repubs.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 07:16 pm
They're taking away choice to believe the repubs have the answer -- neither side has the answer but they can certainly fake it. Why the alias, Sofia?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 07:25 pm
Lola wrote:
Quote:
I think that could be too many martinis?

Yes, LW.......that or other substances that lead to a sense of gratification and later guilt. I believe so. Pretty good system.......first you get to indulge and then you get to be punished. Perfect. Laughing

and what of thosw who enjoy indulging in punishment?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 07:40 pm
Depends on if one is punishing the reader with hangover madness.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 08:33 pm
LW--

I needed to converse with the Help Desk--who needed to talk via e-mail.

I had long ago changed the e-mail I'd joined with, and didna tell anyone (didn't think about it.) <shrug>

So, I had to reappear with an unused name for my new address.

Hate the mix-up. Sorry for the inconvenience. I don't care which one you call me.

Justcallme.

<snicker>
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 08:20 am
You should have received an E mail immediately when you changed your address in your profile. If you haven't changed your address in your profile it could be you're not allowing cookies from the site. Try signing in with your screen name "Sofia" and the password, click on profile and change your E mail address to your new one. It should then process. Otherwise, something is internally amiss.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 09:11 pm
I like your picture lash. It's the spitting image of my Yoga teacher.

Are you in fact female?

It sure looks like Ivan is heading for Zell Miller Country. . .

I like the South. I wish them well.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 07:34 pm
Dear Padalphabetguy-

Much has been made of my sex part of late. You aren't the first one to question my identity.

I'm a serious political groupie, and admittedly speak rather pointedly (is that man-like?) I'm not into group-sponsered Feminism--though I will screech about Equal Rights (not so woman-like?) I guess I'm not very socially gifted (a man trait?) I guess most women vote on the (male) candidates' looks or personality, rather than his positions on the issues (so, I don't fit with the women, there, either...) I am not pro-abortion (definitely not in line with most women on that)... Studies say that most women aren't aggressive, and so in debate, I'm definitely not falling into 'women's' patterns....I don't believe in special laws for women, blacks, gays, ... I think one law fits all--(most women tend to disagree.)

Of course, I'm not the only woman here who has her own mind, and confidence in her opinions. Just maybe the only one who is Conservative. If these things make me seem like I can't be a woman... then I guess, in the words of Jenny, Garp's mother, I'll always be a 'sexual suspect'.

Not a bad trade off for pure representation of my opinions. Smile
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 08:35 pm
Yeah, that's right.........no one ever questions my sexual designation.......and I'm not a traditional women's liberation advocate either. So.......what's up with that anyway?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 01:34 pm
Lola wrote:
Yeah, that's right.........no one ever questions my sexual designation.......and I'm not a traditional women's liberation advocate either. So.......what's up with that anyway?

Yeah, but if you keep complaining about those early morning corrections that will change quickly ! Even your avatar won't help!
0 Replies