Ivan! Jeanne! & Karl & Dennis The Menace & Katrina

Misti26

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 08:08 pm
Yes you do Urs ... it's a landmark here!

Funny thing is, I've heard all the churches on the east coast from Stuart northward had the same thing happen ... eerie huh?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 08:11 pm
Even the Jensen Beach community center collapsed and that used to be a church
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 08:19 pm
Panzade, how are things on your end of the coast?

Are you seeing some semblance of normal?

We are seeing repair work being done, however there are a lot of people out of work due to the damage, specifically two local hotels had to close down for at least 6 months ... so these poor people are out pounding the pavements for work.

Lack of contractors doesn't help the situation either.

Our fence is still down, because of the insurance companies or contractors, don't know which!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 08:51 pm
slowly but surely...things are getting fixed
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 09:55 am
I met a colleague from Daytona last week and she said the beach is pretty much gone there. She was very sad about it.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 10:04 am
Wow! Urs. The world's most famous beach. They should never have allowed driving on that beach. It was the Stanley Brothers fault. They started the entire mess.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 10:06 am
Yeah, no driving anymore, Letty. But too late, too late...

How are you doing? Everything ok over there?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 10:16 am
I just checked this webcam. What's wrong with the beach?

(Love having the sound of the surf as background noise.)
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 10:36 am
Ralph and Carter Stanley?...do tell
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 10:57 am
Piffka, Don't know if that is high tide or not, but Daytona's beach is long and wide. (or used to be)..something wrong with my speakers, but I can hear the surf here. <smile>

Panz, my Gawd. The Stanley Brothers of whom I spoke, were the twins. (but you knew that, of course)

As for brother Ralph, met him at the telerama. The other brother, died I think. Upon my word, did they do the music for O Brother Where Art Thou? I gets them blue grass boys mixed up, cause that was in my Jazz phase.

Urs, things are all right here. Just waiting to get a roofer.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 10:53 am
That's good to hear, Letty!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 07:15 pm
I stopped by the beach today and was amazed at all the beachfront homes not yet repaired from the hurricanes of last summer. Here is one in particular and I'd bet it's beyond repair.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/MistiErin/Images/MarchSixth032_editedresized.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/MistiErin/Images/MarchSixth031_editedresized.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/MistiErin/Images/MarchSixth030_editedresized.jpg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 07:50 pm
Hey, Irish lady looking out to sea. I can no longer see the beach from A1A. Just the ocean that majestically rolls and sings like the sirens. No roof yet, but I am one of the lucky ones, I guess.

And Urs wants to revisit Florida. Well, it seems that everyone does talk about the weather, but no one does anything about it. <smile>
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:28 pm
Letty, the weather is something we have no control over, so we must go with the flow. Thank God we can now predict when hurricanes are coming and get the fook out!

Hugs my friend!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:42 pm
I know, honey. Just wonder about what the insurance companies are planning more than about the hurricanes. Razz

Hey, send me Ray's new address, too. I would love to hear from her.

and hugs back, Misti.

If you get this twice, it's because things be weird.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 08:09 pm
I got out for a short time today & drove around the Myrtle Grove community in Pensacola and came home totally depressed. I only ventured onto about 6 streets and saw two homes with huge trees lying across middles. Trees and trash are still all over the place.

Myrtle Grove is an old area with all kinds of home, from small cottages to newer homes & tons of ancient trees. I couldn't stand it for long enough to see if any part of it looks decent anymore.

King george is coming to town tomorrow so thousands of dollars that could be used for repairs will, instead go to protecting him from some of his religious fanatics. A visit from that person serves no purpose except to irriate a lot of people trying to get to & from the minimum wage jobs. Of course our greasy, slick & crooked congressman will get a few brownie points for busing in loads of people from two counties away to produce a crowd.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 08:16 pm
Aaaaaah, so good to see Magginkat..
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 09:40 pm
Magginkat, so sad, I feel the same way. There's always money for nonsensical things as opposed to what's really important!

I would like to know what GWB/JB is doing about it?

I feel sorrow for the people who are still without homes and/or roofs on their homes, what are they supposed to do?

They should focus on the really critical issues here instead of touring the country trying to change peoples minds about social security.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 02:44 pm
It looks like this needs to be revved up again.

Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 02:47 pm
Crying or Very sad
0 Replies