Ivan! Jeanne! & Karl & Dennis The Menace & Katrina

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 11:17 am
panzade wrote:
O'Bill, how did you post it? Did you transfer it to a web site first?
Nope. I saw the artist's signature and looked it up here... The cartoon was done on 09/29/04, so I found it pretty quick (4th one back). Btw, you can always track the location of a picture by right clicking on it and clicking properties. That will give you the address... save it, and you can use it where you wish until the Web-Master moves it or blocks it's use.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 07:06 pm
OK, that's a good site.

http://cagle.slate.msn.com/working/041001/parker.gif
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 10:01 am
Enter The Pork... It is business as usual. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 10:06 am
Good eye Bill, I don't see why the Bill can't be voted on after Nov2.

It's scary to think what all this disaster deficit spending will do to our economy down the line coupled with our junket to Iraq.

DeLay is certainly guarding the peanut factory with consumate skill...for an elephant.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 10:27 am
panzade wrote:
Good eye Bill, I don't see why the Bill can't be voted on after Nov2.
Because people need the money last week. My complaint is that it wasn't a stand alone bill. That should be criminal. IMHO, ending "Business as usual" additions to bills is even more important than a balanced budget amendment. Funny, neither has really been an issue since Ross Perot left the scene. Sad

panzade wrote:
It's scary to think what all this disaster deficit spending will do to our economy down the line coupled with our junket to Iraq.
It will be great for our economy... at the expense of the rest of the country. F*#k-um if they're not a swing state. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 10:50 am
Our economy is booming Bill. Last night the bar was packed with FEMA workers.

But I'm more concerned about the American economy...you remember...the union of states that we're an appendage of?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 11:15 am
Hee Hee. Like we all have shares in Disney World. Waiting for my adjuster to come by on Columbus Day. Hmmmmm. Hope I qualify for a new world roof.

What's up with tropical storm Matthew? Haven't seen.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 11:18 am
I'm not peeking
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 02:33 pm
http://image.weather.com/images/maps/tropical/strm14_strike_277x187.jpg
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 02:38 pm
chump change

OOPS! sorry New Orleans.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 10:31 pm
Goodbye to the hurricane season ... hopefully!

Thank you Panzade for getting us all together and venting our concerns during this hurricane season.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 12:18 am
Everybody wave Bye Bye!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 11:04 am
Mentally crosses fingers with a pessimistic mind. A bit early for waving bye bye. But, I do hope you're right.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 11:12 am
Wrap up all my cares and woes,
Here I go singin' low,
Bye Bye Windy,

Where somebody waits for me,
Fix my roof, easily,
Bye Bye Windy.

Hurricanes don't love or understand me.
Oh, what hard luck stories they all hand me.

Make my bed, retain the light,
Tired of all the gales at night,

Windy, bye bye.

And so long Jeanne
Frances, bye bye
And ciao to Frances,
Charley, so long...

sung to the tune of "Bye Bye Blackbird"
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 07:31 pm
Hit the road, jack.. don't come back no mo', no mo'..

Weather change here today, chill breezes....

Driving to Arcata to rescue my IMac (another story) around 4pm, the bay was a gorgeous white/ ice blue in the light, with a sky of both blue and dark gray. Yesterday was blue skies and california dreamland.

September and October are our most beautiful months here in north north, and then we set into a sort of steady state of gray, with or without rain, with occasional blippies of sun. People here start to mumble about Hawaii.... so these waning days are precious.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 10:02 pm
I know California is absolutely gorgeous ... what with the mountains and Big Sur, unbelieveable scenery!

I would definitely live there if it were not for earthquakes!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 10:07 pm
Hi, Misti. There was a fair biggie just before I moved up here, a dish rattler/hurler. My house has lasted about a hundred years so I am not entirely alarmed, relative to where I moved from, although that house had also lasted about the same amount of time. The old wood craftsmen houses tend to sway with the earth. The chimneys go poop.

Of course, typing this is tempting the gods of tectonic plates.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 11:38 pm
Osso, you know! There's nothing like the older houses, they were built to last, and they do!

I noticed that in Florida too after these last storms ... the newere buildings went, and the older buildings are still standing, no damage at all!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 07:13 pm
Here are some post-hurricane pictures of Cocoa Beach:

Cocoa Beach ~ After the Storms
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 11:33 am
Thanks for the pictures, Misti! I was wondering about things in Cocoa Beach... The church! I know that church!
0 Replies