Ivan! Jeanne! & Karl & Dennis The Menace & Katrina

Misti26

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 06:50 pm
I feel as you do Panzade ... I love Florida and can't imagine living anywhere else.

The beautiful beaches are just up the road, tropical breezes and sun most of the time rejuvenates me.

I can't tolerate cold weather at all ... it causes great pain, and no matter what I do can't seem to get warm.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 06:55 pm
Letty, I guess the insurance companies have to do something to make sure that money is used for the purpose it was intended.

I think you would be throwing good money after bad by getting a lawyer.

How many people have car damage that has been paid by the insurance company but the car goes on in disrepair?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 05:45 am
Letty - The same thing happened when Fran hit us. The insurance company being on the check is actually a protection for you, if you can imagine that.

If the work is not done satisfactorily, the weight of the mortgage company is behind you to make sure the contractor does it right or he doesn't get paid. Sure, the mortgage company is protecting itself, but you get the added free bonus of their legal department if needed. This is how it works, so don't think yourself singled out or that your bank is trying to get one over. Use it to your advantage if need be.

Also, if the work gets done for less, you get the remainder, not the bank.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 07:49 am
Misti and squinney, now THAT makes total sense. Thanks, gals. Very Happy
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:34 pm
Yeah, I am back. I went to New York, supposedly to hike. We had lousy weather, so did not do much of that. What was nice though, was that my husband got to see two friends, one whom he has not seen since he was in his twenties.

We left a few days before Jeanne hit. I understand from a neighbor, that we lost electric power from Sunday night until Tuesday morning. My grapefruit tree lost a bunch of fruit from the storm.

The wildest thing is the huge yucca that is near the house I own where my mom lives. ( She was in an assisted living facility while I was gone.) Two huge branches fell, but not on the house. (Whew!)
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:35 pm
Good news Phoenix, glad you're back.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:37 pm
Panzade- Thanks! I am so tired, I don't even want to unpack, which is unlike me. I usually have everything in order the hour after we arrive home!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:39 pm
Hello, New YAWK...glad all is well and viable on the West Coast.

Oh, my, panz. Do you ever get tired of being a peace maker?

Shut up Letty and go eat.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:40 pm
What's for supper Letty?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:44 pm
Well, Panz, not squab..maybe crow..nah..Spaghetti and meat balls; order in.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:45 pm
Ordering in from a pizza place?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:49 pm
If you get extra cheese and lots of pepperoni, I'll kick in for an extra large pie!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 07:04 pm
Darn tootin!...
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 07:10 pm
Welcome home Phoenix!

I'll have pineapple and ham please!
0 Replies

cobalt

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 01:46 am
Just browsing thru and enjoying all the tales here. Glad to see looks like all made it through the various "challenges"! I saw that Diane posted a week ago and said something of going to Denver - and living in Albuquerque? She and I have come a long way, baby! If any of y'all talk to her - let her know I think of her often and albaturkey is only a 7 hour drive away. Armadillo and I are thinking of meeting up there later this fall - maybe another gathering of ex-abuzzers? Too bad about the PM issues!!!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 07:32 am
Glad to hear you're fine and with a minor damage report to boot, Phoenix!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 06:24 pm
Saw you 'round, had to find out what the report was, Phoenix. Glad things went well!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 09:58 am
I just got this in an email.

http://cagle.slate.msn.com/working/040929/walthandelsman.jpg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 10:17 am
I saw that map somewhere, Bill. Funny!

Cobalt! Wow! Great to see you, my friend. You and the 'dillo? Explain to him about the pier that got damaged.

There's a place here that is Greek and serves Italian, Panz and Phoenix. They also deliver. One of the few left.

Now if Panz will just change that damn avatar. It's portentious.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 10:18 am
O'Bill, how did you post it? Did you transfer it to a web site first?
0 Replies