0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 09:48 am
Pant! Pant!

GASP!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 10:05 am
Lisa looks like a bit of a full-figured kinda gal. Hopefully she has weak lungs.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 10:07 am
Yeah, she's sorta doddering a bit. Hope she packs it in before Bermuda.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 10:23 am
http://image.weather.com/images/sat/tropsat_277x187.jpg

Lisa's all the way on the right. I believe Karl is in the middle and Jeanne is on the left.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 02:48 pm
Lisa? Oh, no! Not another one. One of my main managers is a Lisa. We get on her tomorrow.
Pan, you must be really old. The Library? That's been gone forever. UVA owns that property now. It's a little museum of some kind. The Mousetrap is now Orbitz, a poolhall/eatery of some kind.
Max/Trax is also gone, bought and torn down by UVA (notice the trend here). It was a great place particularly in its last few years when the manager/booker was a 5'2" lady named Dana. She was good, damn good, at running a club.
Bear, the basement bar was the Mineshaft, undoubtedly. Mike M was the owner. I bought that building in 1980 and inherited a very long lease at little rent. The place was a firetrap and brawls seemed to occur pretty much every hour on the hour. It took eight years for the lease to run out and Mike and I were at each others' throats pretty much continuously.
But me and my friends would sometimes camp-out on the floor above, in my store. We could hear and feel the music, drink beer and smoke pot and be able to get to the bathroom without having to stand in line. The rule was, though, that once in you had to surrender your car keys until Sunday morning. God, it was fun.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 03:32 pm
Thanx for the compliment RJB. You have to understand these clubs are as fresh as yesterday to me. We played the Mineshaft too, though infrequently.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 04:08 pm
Is Poe's still there, John of Virginia? UhOh...lol
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 04:09 pm
jespah wrote:
http://image.weather.com/images/sat/tropsat_277x187.jpg

Lisa's all the way on the right. I believe Karl is in the middle and Jeanne is on the left.

what a mess!!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 04:12 pm
It rained harder today than anything I saw with Frances. Tried to surf but the waves were too fast, big and unformed.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 04:12 pm
Oh, my. And Ivan may be reincarnated.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 04:34 pm
I think Ivan and Karl have left the area, but Jeanne can't make up her mind about what she wants to do and Lisa is simmering out there.
(johnboy resists the temptation to make a pithy comment about "male" hurricanes vs "female" ones. We're tired of them all).
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 06:39 pm
A lady we know asked for prayers for her son, he is a truck driver - taking relief supplies to Georgia - he's been missing for 3 days.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 07:12 pm
My goodness! How could that be?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 07:43 pm
Relief supplies to Georgia, USA? I don't think they need any there. Perhaps he went to the other Georgia, which is in the old Soviet Union.
That would be a long, long haul.

I forget where Poe's was but it's gone, long gone, like nevermore.
Ironic thing is that Edgar attended UVA for less than a year before he got tossed out for incessant gambling (and losing) and for spending a lot of time in the woods behind my house (really!) on various drugs, muttering to himself and writing. -rjb-
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 07:52 pm
I know, John of Virginia. Poe was a lot of things. Guess his room is still there with pennies on the bed. Wow! Don't folks love to deify people after they die?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 09:25 pm
Well now! We are getting a hell of a storm right now. Don't know if Ivan doubled back or Jeanne is reaching out. Winds blowing about 50 mph and it's pouring down rain.
0 Replies