Ivan! Jeanne! & Karl & Dennis The Menace & Katrina

Letty

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 06:55 pm
Very Happy Delightful. Has a decidedly royal flavor. J of AandV. I need to tell you about my dad, sometimes.

Letty of VandF.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 08:54 pm
It looks like Jeanne has fizzled out like yesterday's beer!

I must say though, it's the male hurricanes creating havoc this season, would you say?

Now behave, will yah?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 01:22 am
I grew up in Virginia, lived all over the state. It's a wonderful place.
As I wrote to Cav earlier;there's comfort in having a regional group of people looking out for each other.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 11:04 pm
Jeanne kills already 80 peoples.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 02:46 am
I'm glad y'all made out good so far! We're all happy that you're safe, and now get out repair that roof!!! If it's damaged, that is...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 03:59 am
Quote:
now get out repair that roof!!!

My husband did just that, after our last brush with the storms. It was hot as hell, and humid as all getout. He is STILL feeling the effects of that exertion.

Some men will just never learn when something is beyond their abilities!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 08:27 am
What's the word on Lisa?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 08:28 am
Lisa?! Serious?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 08:33 am
panzade wrote:
I grew up in Virginia, lived all over the state. It's a wonderful place.
As I wrote to Cav earlier;there's comfort in having a regional group of people looking out for each other.

I spent a lot of years in Lynchburg....a f*#king nightmare........except for the Texas Tavern that is......
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 08:37 am
No kidding Bear! We (our band) avoided Lynchburgh like the plague. It was always Williamsburg, C'Ville, Fredricksburg, Richmond, Blacksburg and Norfolk/Newport News. Lotta college gigs.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 08:48 am
There were actually two clubs in Lynchburg that paid well....paid us well anyway.....First there was the Colonial Lounge......then later the Knight Gallery.......did you ever play the Propeller in Christianburg, later Tom Terrifics? They had the worlds best hand cut home made potato chips....the guy that ran the kitchen was such a flamer that he was in danger of spntaneously combusting at any second.......then there was the Kings Inn in Roanoke....now you're talking good times.....in Charlottesville we played Max, and somewhere else I can't remember that was downstairs.........played numerous little dumps in the Fan in Richmond.....in Tidewater we played Bryan Davids and made a small fortune of merchandising to the sailors both legal and illegal merchandise.....and I used to enjoy a great deal of deviant sex with the waitresses at the Galleon, an afer hours disco across the street....also played the The Kings Head Inn right across from ODU.....any of that ring a bell?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 08:53 am
Serious, soz. Just saw it on the Atlantic Map at nbc6.net.
That was a great reference from Harper.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 09:01 am
Excuse me EHBETH!
I'm trying to shoot the s***t with the Bear and you keep bringing up this hurricane stuff. Do you mind? Rolling Eyes

Where was I?

Oh...the Galleon! I had to rescue our bass player one night when he moved in on a D.I.s phillipino squeeze. Last thing he said to me was: "Cover me , I'm going in"

The Kings Head Inn...yeah...Max wasn't there when we played C'Ville. It was the Mousetrap and the Library. I saw the late great Robert Palmer at the Library with about 50 other people. Sheila E was on percussion. Hell of a show.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 09:05 am
Hey, ehBeth. While panz and Bi shoot the ****, give us nervous folks a link.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 09:05 am
I have a great Galleon story I can't tell....and no pm ing.....really too bad.....I will say it involved a 4 poster brass bed, a powdery substance of some kind, two waitress, a strap on and a baloney sandwich........ah memories....
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 09:22 am
Karl is history but I'll bet Lisa is a bitch!

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT13/refresh/AL1304W5%2BGIF/201453W5.gif
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 09:26 am
OOPS
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 09:27 am
SORRY!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 09:27 am