Ivan! Jeanne! & Karl & Dennis The Menace & Katrina

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 02:10 pm
Tell Squinney to get inside! Watching the roof is NOT a good idea.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 02:12 pm
You and your family will be fine, Bi. Scared beyond explanation, but fine.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 02:19 pm
bipolar's got a bit of reason for concern

see September 14, 2003

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=359975#359975
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 03:01 pm
man that was quick.....a funnel touched down about three miles due west of our house.....the sky turned as black as a crack whores bi-cuspids....and then rain...now it's sunny one second and raining the next.....looks like I can run up to Food Lion for my own beer......a roof got blown off a building at the airport...we're getting some front line wind damage but this is, in the words of Owl, a mild spring zephyr compared to what Fla has experienced.....
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 03:08 pm
Glad that one passed you by.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 03:22 pm
reports from Asheville say the flooding is the worst in 60 years. Take care everyone.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 03:48 pm
Just got an e-mail from my sister who reported a tornado just three miles away from her, in Lovingston, Va. WOW! Yikes, Johnboy. It's headed East. LOOK OUT!

And the president is giving a compassionate speech about North Carolina.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 04:08 pm
God it has been pissing down rain. Some damage. Downspouts can't keep up so some gutters fell.
Take care, Bipolar and Squinney. It could be a rough night and tomorrow.
The warning going out here in the mountains of VA is that a foot or so of a quick moving creek can take out a macho SUV. I don't know if that is hyperbole or not, but the message is simple: Don't Drown-Turn Around.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 06:10 pm
Tornado warnings in Maryland, too, I understand. Stay safe, everyone.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 08:17 pm
The good news is that Jeanne is now downrated to a tropical depression.

Hurricanes, you have time to get out the way. Tornadoes are even more scary ... so little warning.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 05:20 pm
So, Bi-polar and Squinney, are yall okay? Maybe, just maybe, we can shut this thread down for the season. johnboy
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 05:27 pm
I'm ready RJB; I never thought it would go some 70 pages. There's just Jeanne and Karl to wait out and we'll be done with it.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 05:35 pm
It looks like Jeanne and Karl are going to Bermuda.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 05:37 pm
the honeymoon couple..Bon Voyage!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 05:51 pm
we're looking good up here....of course we're always looking good.....regardless of the weather......I have a big outdoor gig next Saturday
MS Biker Rally....it better not rain.....Biker Rally parties are the alpha and the omega.......
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 05:54 pm
panzade wrote:
I'm ready RJB; I never thought it would go some 70 pages. There's just Jeanne and Karl to wait out and we'll be done with it.
Glad to see those two turn but the season is certainly not over. Don't uncross your fingers just yet. This party might be just getting started! Shocked Mad Good luck with your party BPB!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 05:57 pm
Pan, I hope we're done with this hurricane season. A couple of juvenile delinquents hanging around but maybe we're done. 78 pages, I believe.
There is another thread about what is wrong with A2K. These 78 pages show what is good about A2K: people from the region, from the rest of the country and from around the world taking the time to fret about "friends" they have never met and probably never will meet. That is sweet -realjohnboy-
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 06:15 pm
Indeed, John of Virginia.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 06:22 pm
Yes.

And it is connecting for the friends too.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 06:49 pm
A quirky little story-since Letty has started to call me John of Virginia-which I kind of like, thank you:
I live in Albemarle County, Virginia. An old family hereabouts are the Duke's. Not the ones responsible for the great university in NC. Not at all. The local Duke family were laborers, honest and hardworking for the most part. But one of the males ended up in England (according to the myth) in the mid to late 1800's and discovered that, if he dressed and comported himself well, he could run up a tab for food and lodging merely by identifying himself as "Duke-of Albemarle." And then he would skip town.
John of Albemarle
John of Virginia
realjohnboy
0 Replies