Ivan! Jeanne! & Karl & Dennis The Menace & Katrina

panzade

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 04:59 pm
Thou witty Letty Laughing
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 05:08 pm
You know, of course, Panz, that your remark reminded me of a song.

Thou swell, thou witty, thou sweet thou grand........................you finish it while I do stuff in the kitchen Cool
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 05:10 pm
Sure thing boss...which ending do you want? Gerschwin or modern?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 05:13 pm
Hurricane Names 2004

Alex Lisa
Bonnie Matthew
Charley Nicole
Danielle Otto
Earl Paula
Frances Richard
Gaston Shary
Hermine Tomas
Ivan Virginie
Jeanne Walter
Karl
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 05:29 pm
The modern one. I don't know nothin' but Gershwin, Panz.

hee hee!

Love those double names, though.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 05:31 pm
That's because it's Rodgers& Hart
Duh-me
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 05:35 pm
Karl! Thanks Panzade. Bear and I were just wondering what the next one would be named. At first I thought this was a list of names for those appearing after "Z." (As if they start getting middle names!) If we get to "Z" I imagine we will all have other names for them that aren't fit to print.

Dang, I don't like the looks of Jeanne and her path possibilities.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 05:35 pm
Very Happy Smile I thought it was Gershwin, too. .....but, I know the song
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 05:39 pm
Squinney, It seems that Ivan's waning may be instrumental in keeping Jeanne at bay.(off shore, anyway)
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 05:51 pm
The TV cameras are probably gone by now from the Gulf Coast cities. Ivan is largely "over" as a story. Even the title of this thread has moved on to Jeanne.
I've got no real problem with that but please take the time to watch the remnants of that sucker, Ivan, as it moves through GA, TN, NC, WV and VA. We're going to get a lot of rain Fri and and Sat and the danger is that what's left over of the storm can get stalled in the mountains.
Camille-1969: 150 dead in VA when one valley got, quite literally, flushed away. Letty's home-turf.
I'm looking forward to winter. -rjb-
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 06:01 pm
Winter, John? What's that Very Happy

Lightning...gotta get off now...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 06:57 pm
Sorry, didn't mean to slight those suffering but it was downgraded to a storm and Jeanne was upgraded to a hurricane.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 08:13 pm
So . . . whaddya guys do to piss off god so bad . . . you been bad-mouthin' her publicly er somethin'?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 08:46 pm
Setanta wrote:
So . . . whaddya guys do to piss off god so bad . . . you been bad-mouthin' her publicly er somethin'?

God is slow to anger...but after 2000 and the ensuing australian cluster f**k (with all apologies to our aussie friends), enough is enough, even for the big guy......
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 10:09 pm
All I can say is: "Come on with yo' bad self"
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 11:10 am
Hurricane Ivan: Already up to 100 death, 27 in the US south states.

Jeanne is slower in the meanwhile .
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 01:24 pm
Good afternoon...Jeanne, and now just a speck out in the middle of nowhere, Karl. And in the Pacific, some guy named Javier.
The remnants of Ivan are now upon us through Saturday. Heavy rain and then maybe a little sun.
No wind though. We had an NPR station on at work, based in Roanoke (SW Virginia). About every 10 minutes there would be that annoying sound designed to get your attention: another severe weather bulletin. Tornado warnings all over the place.
I looked at the 3-day projected path for Ivan and saw something I've never seen before. After hitting the coast it went north to TN and NC. Now it is making an eastward turn and should track along th NC/VA border and then the map SHOWS IT HEADING SOUTH into GA!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 01:37 pm
Virginia John, (Ivan is Russian for John, you know). Would you ever have thought in a lifetime that Virginia would have been a target for fallout? I read on the net that more deaths occur in fresh water drownings than any other calamities resulting from the big wind.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 02:02 pm
we have 79 mph winds heading up I-540 from the airport in a straight line towards our house right now.....I have gas for the generator, my cubs are home....but no tequila or beer...someone please call fema for me.......
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 02:06 pm
Stay safe Bear- The beer is on the way!
0 Replies