Ivan! Jeanne! & Karl & Dennis The Menace & Katrina

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 06:27 am
I may have mentioned this before, but it is worth repeating. I heard this on the radio. If you are in a hurricane, and you have items like papers that you want to keep safe, put them in the dishwasher. It is watertight! (Make sure that no one turns on the dishwasher.... Shocked )

Anyhow, I would assume that you could do the same thing with a washer and/or a dryer.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 09:02 am
We've been have some flooding up here from the fringes of the remnants of Frances.

I saw that your lovely president was in St. Lucie yesterday handing out ice ... perhaps Panzade was lucky enough to get out to meet him?

I understand, from posters at another forum, that parts of Palm Beach are still without power today.

<sending big powerful good thoughts toward our missing Florida posters>
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 10:30 am
Safe and sound here folks. Here happens to be Wisconsin as of last night. Power has been out since storm. I gave up and decided to get out of dodge. Florida is hot without electricity. Pretty wicked property damage around the condo, wind even blew some cars sideways. No damage to me, or the interior of my home. Also it sunk most of the boats that are visible from my balcony (like 50 of them!).

I hope Panzade is okay. I would be surprised if he had power though, so don't anyone start freaking out just yet.

I have a ton of stuff to catch up on, plus since I'm in WI everyone wants to party, so I'll fill you all in more later... Just wanted to check in. Thanks to all for caring!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 10:38 am
Yay! Glad to hear that you're okay & in the land of cheeseheads!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 10:40 am
Yippeeeeee!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:09 am
Good to read you're safe, O'Bill.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:14 am
I can just join the statments above!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:14 am
Whew!

One left...where is panzade?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:15 am
Just saw http://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=34&tmpl=fc&in=World&cat=Hurricanes_and_Tropical_Storms - they're about to evacuate the Keys for Ivan. Isn't that where Panzade lives? If so, I'd say, don't expect him back 'til Ivan is gone.

What a freakin' year, eh?
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:20 am
jespah wrote:

What a freakin' year, eh?

exactly,

anyway it is still valid (even if it is not only the U.S, but the most important country) what I said at beginning on this thread:

Thok wrote:
< cynical, sarcastical and ironical at the same time- on >

The folks suffer, that Bush has not verify the Kyoto-protocol.

<off>

Y'all in Florida will manage it. Good luck!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:31 am
No, Panzade is in Port St. Lucie. And El Diablo is missing here too.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:34 am
Glad to hear you're okay Bill......anywhere near Madison? If so, toast that bucky beaver clock for me would ya?
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 11:53 am
There is already a
CNN Special Report about the Hurrican season 2004. Include the latest information about hurricane Ivan, which killed around 18 people until now in Bahamas, Grenada, Jamaica etc.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 12:10 pm
Good to know you're safe, Oc. Now to hear from panzade.

Thok, Kyoto Convention indeed. The idiot should be living in one of those condos without air conditioning.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 02:25 pm
Ah, there's O'Bill. Glad to see you are ok.

Sending lots of power to Florida...
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 04:42 pm
I just got power back today. Crazy storm broke one of my windows and in the middle of 100 mph winds im trying to board it up. The tree in my yard fell on my neighbor's car so i guess one window broke wasn't that bad. But it reaked havoc on my neighborhood; trees and powerlines down everywhere.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 04:52 pm
El-Diablo wrote:
I just got power back today. Crazy storm broke one of my windows and in the middle of 100 mph winds im trying to board it up. The tree in my yard fell on my neighbor's car so i guess one window broke wasn't that bad. But it reaked havoc on my neighborhood; trees and powerlines down everywhere.

Thanks for the update. This was a terrible force of nature, but at least you're all right. Welcome back.
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 04:53 pm
Diane wrote:
Kyoto Convention indeed. .

I do not think Kyoto is relevant here, though I happen to live in Kyoto really.

Loss of powers must have been depressing and irritating under a storm. Now, I hope a quick recovory.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 04:55 pm
Welcome back OBill!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 05:44 pm
Where's that woos O'Bill?

Well I just got power after a week of sweating to death and bumping into furniture. I will never take electricity for granted again. Thanks for thinking of me every one.
Minor damage to the house but our 30 ft palm came crashing down in front of the garage door. Luckily I had parked my truck in the garage. Had to get a neighbor to chainsaw the thing so I could go out for a spin
0 Replies