Ivan! Jeanne! & Karl & Dennis The Menace & Katrina

hiyall

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 09:34 pm
Still no power for my friends in Daytona.

Good news about your sister-in-law, Colorbook.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 10:33 pm
Good for all the good news, still listening, hoping bill and panzade and el diablo are just dealing with non-internet connection. They dealt with the initial brunt, well, let me not lecture, we all know that.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 08:29 am
mikey wrote:
i just talked to letty at home. she's fine.

Great. That's one down. Now we wait to hear of the others. Tap tap tap....
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 04:46 pm
We are home from NC, safe and sound.

Thanks, Phoenix, for letting everyone know. Sorry BD that we didn't make it over to meet you and the Mrs. My niece and nephew are four and one, respectively ~ and I really needed to spend time with them. But I have promised my son that he and I will take a trip to South of the Border soon ~ and we WILL visit, I promise.

Miss ehBeth, I tried to call your house so many flippin times and the line was constantly busybusybusybusybusy.....I eventually gave up. You can even ask Phoenix ~ I told her I was going to call you as soon as she and I were done. So there.

Ummmm.....We are fortunate to have running water, electricity and stocked grocery/gasoline stores. Lots of downed trees, fences, roof tarps, garage doors, etc. The biggest incident actually made it to CNN. The steepel of our local Baptist church flew up in the air and landed right smack back (point down) into the church. No one was hurt.

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone ~ I hope everyone else was as lucky as we were. Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 04:54 pm
Embarrassed

Glad to hear/see that you're home and safe, MissRae.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 04:57 pm
Thank you, ma'am. And you'll be looking into that second phone line soon, I presume? :wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 05:26 pm
Embarrassed

You coulda called the 1-800 - I even told one of the guys who mans it that there might be a call from you.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 05:33 pm
I saw a picture of that church and steeple!

Glad you're fine...!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 05:51 pm
Great to see you and mom made it back ok Rae :-D
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 05:52 pm
Thank you, Sozobe! Hope hubby and sozlett are both doing well!

Miss ehBeth.....I have two numbers for you.....neither one is a toll-free number.

Not that I'm nitpickiing or anything. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 05:53 pm
Thanks Montana!

I'm more thankful that the cats fared well! They haven't eaten anything since last Friday until we come home last night. The car trip did them in, even though they were perfect passengers.....but I think my niece and nephew scared the bejesus out of them!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 05:57 pm
Awwww!!! Well, atleast they're home now :-D
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 06:08 pm
They're home you're home. Good show, Possum.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 06:15 pm
I'm glad to see a few more FL brethren checking in. We still have some to hear from. I hope that y'all will post some stories about your experiences in the past few days. We won't talk about Ivan.

The remnants of Frances are passing over us today and tonight in western NC and VA and eastern TN.
Torrential rains at times and then it stops for a spell. Six inches at my house but I'm on the east side of the mountains; on the other side ten or more. Lots of flooding but fortunately little wind that might bring down trees over the power lines.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 07:51 pm
Rae and Misti and cats, so glad you are all well.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 07:57 pm
Good to hear that you and Misti are okay!

Smart cats! Hurricanes are scary, but not nearly as dangerous as small children. Wink
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 07:57 pm
Good to hear from you all, but I do wish Panzade and oBill would check in.

It always amazes me that the outer edge of a hurricane can do such tremendous damage. Many people who haven't experienced a hurricane have no idea how even bad a low level hurricane can be.

Wish we could all have a hurricane party!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 01:21 am
Rae!!!! Good to hear you are back and everything is ok. I hope you enjoyed the trip at least a bit.

Hugs to your family and cats!

Now where are Panzade and Bill.... It's already Thursday and I am worried....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 05:47 am
And just when we were starting to relax!

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UwDvAp0a33hkq76fzAobnUYXgx5SdWdUd6Bd4Had5ANqH1xEw6UvyF31IUMu0s5J4ikc*2WdGEPPLdvJbQm*XFdz1gXqCp1HxX1HlWt1nagGc2qGtYUBQy!Z8Ibpuzdj/Ivan0.gif
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 05:51 am
Quote:
Now where are Panzade and Bill.... It's already Thursday and I am worried....

Let's think positively. There are still areas where the electricity is not on. Also, if Panzade and Bill sustained any damage, they are probably very, very, busy right now.
0 Replies