Ivan! Jeanne! & Karl & Dennis The Menace & Katrina

Piffka

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 05:31 pm
from the nbc6 website... too cute -- doglet storm watch.
http://images.ibsys.com/2004/0904/3707262.jpg
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 12:45 am
I was out all day yesterday (Sunday) and could not check in. I hope everybody in Florida is safe.

Now we'll have to scare away Ivan!
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 03:50 am
Now, I just read the last 42 pages, and I really hope that our dearest floridians are A-OK!

Darned, Ivan! I remember when they gave the storms girlie names only! They have to give bad weather boy names now?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 05:44 am
No basements in Florida (unless you want an indoor swimming pool! Laughing ) The water table is too high.

We lost power last last night, for a few hours. It just came on again. It seems that the ass end of the storm may be bringing stronger winds over here than the early part of it.

Ivan is now a category 4 hurricane. Shocked It has a similar track to Frances, but it is too soon to tell about Florida.

The news is talking about a possible tornado in my area, and they have reissued a hurricane warning. (Yesterday it was a tropical storm warning.)

If you want to see what is happening near me, check out:

http://www.baynews9.com/Home.html

I hope that the electricity holds. Law & Order is on TNT for 14 hours today. Since I'm not going anywhere.................... :wink:
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 06:45 am
I hope you will have electricity to watch Law & Order, Phoenix.

Stay safe and inside until Frances passed you all the way!
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 07:26 am
bigdice67 wrote:

Darned, Ivan! I remember when they gave the storms girlie names only! They have to give bad weather boy names now?

well true. But on the internet there was one of the dangeroust virus with the name "Melissa".

Phoenix32890 wrote:

Ivan is now a category 4 hurricane. Shocked It has a similar track to Frances, but it is too soon to tell about Florida.

Not really soon, to tell about Florida. It is of course important to prepare for any case.
The first tsar of Russia was called Ivan the Terrible (who killed mass of people).
Hopefully that won't be the hurrican.

Phoenix32890 wrote:

I hope that the electricity holds. Law & Order is on TNT for 14 hours today. Since I'm not going anywhere.................... :wink:

I hope so.
Because I very like Law & Order ,too. :-)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 07:38 am
bigdice67- You can credit the women's movement in the US for that. They started alternating names in 1979.

http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0781539.html
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 07:44 am
Good work, girls!

Interesting link, Phoenix. Thanks!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 09:56 am
Someone, I can't remember who, said we should name hurricanes after rappers to make them more scary....like Hurricane Dirty Old Bastard....I like that idea.....
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 11:21 am
how long is the hurricane season?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 11:25 am
Theoretically, from the beginning of June, til the end of November. But August and September are the worst months.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 11:52 am
anybody heard anything from panzade?
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 01:34 pm
No, I haven't heard anything from panzade the last two days Confused

Anyway, is there ANOTHER hurricane coming towards the US (Ivan)? Damn, am I glad to be here, and not there. Hang on, all you fellow A2K-ers from Florida!
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 02:05 pm
i've called letty's cell phone a hundred times and nothing. towers must be out or she hasn't turned it on,,,,
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 02:10 pm
Confused Hope she's OK.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 03:09 pm
IVAN

not looking so good.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT09/refresh/AL0904W5+GIF/061453W5.gif
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 04:41 pm
Phoenix, it's great to see you back!
We're still waiting on and worrying about Misti, Letty, Penzabe and Bill. And perhaps others I can't recall.
5-6 million folks w/o power. The good news, if there is any is that (unlike Charley) Frances left most of the poles standing So its a matter of re-stringing the wires rather than having to start from scratch. It should go more quickly.
I was talking to a guy from Virginia Power today at the gas pump. He was anticipating a call for possible deployment to FL to help out but...the remnants of Frances are now expected to bring heavy rains and possible flooding in AL, TN, WV and Virginia west of the Appalachian Mountains.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 04:55 pm
misti and rae are fine. i talked to her today somewhere in nc near the bear. last i heard from letty she was on her way to a shelter.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 05:01 pm
Rick d'Israeli wrote:

Anyway, is there ANOTHER hurricane coming towards the US (Ivan)?

Yes, the third hurricane within few weeks , which towards to Florida. In all probability he will be arrive at the end of the week.

Thok wrote:

The first tsar of Russia was called Ivan the Terrible (who killed mass of people).
Hopefully that won't be the hurrican.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 05:54 pm
Onxyelle and El Diablo are in Florida too...
0 Replies