Ivan! Jeanne! & Karl & Dennis The Menace & Katrina

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 12:46 am
I hope all our friends and everybody else can get through this.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 01:03 am
Joining in on the candle lighting. The worst is yet to come as the outer lining of the eye is soon to hit the shore. I've been watching CNN all night and they are coving all the bases. The flooding has already started and it's getting pretty devistating over there.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 03:45 am
Looks like Frances has just started in my area. Some rain, some gusts, but we are being warned that the worst is yet to come. The storm will probably be around until Monday morning.

So far, we have not lost power (how can you tell! Laughing ) but I am still walking around with one of those jumbo flashlights.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 03:48 am
Wow Phoenix. I'm sure pleasantly surprised to see you here. I'm glad you're ok :-D
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 03:56 am
Montana- This will strike you funny. Yesterday, at about 3 PM, my husband decided that there were palm fronds that were brushing across the roof. He was afraid that the fronds would pull off roof tiles when the rain and wind started.
(We were overdue on trimming, and I told him to call the palm tree guy two weeks ago to trim, but he dragged his feet.)

Sooo..........I was out there with him cutting down palm fronds. My house has a long, narrow, but covered area, before you reach the front door. That was the only safe place where you could put the cut fronds.

You have no idea how big and heavy those suckers are. We have just about enough room to walk out of the house, because there is about a four foot pile of fronds lining the entrance to our house!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 04:07 am
I don't want to be a pessimist, but one of the meteorologists made a cryptic remark about Frances not being the end of the problems in Florida.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200409.html
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 04:12 am
Damn Phoenix, you guys really get nailed down there. Makes me feel foolish when I start complaining when we get lots of snow.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 05:03 am
Hang in there everyone.

And yes,,,,,,, Ivan is next.

Joe
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 05:56 am
Just saw that frances was downgraded to a category 1. Atleast that a little better news for now.

I can't imagine another one hitting. Maybe Ivan will change its path (sigh).
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 11:19 am
Thar she blows. It's getting a bit "brisk" out there!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 12:10 pm
Phoenix if God Forbid, Ivan rolls through Florida as well.........the damage the state has already sustained to it's infrastructure.....could this have a negative impact on voter turn out come Nov?
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 12:18 pm
I wondered the same thing BP.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 12:25 pm
Or it might affect the direction a voter turns.

I've been following google news on the hurricane...

and am anxious for all our friends and all the area dealing with this storm.
0 Replies

Tidewaterbound

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 03:16 pm
has anyone heard anything from ANYONE in the Melbourne or Satellite Beach areas?

I cannot get thru to my sister either via by landline, cell, or text messaging.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 03:17 pm
Quote:
Phoenix if God Forbid, Ivan rolls through Florida as well.........the damage the state has already sustained to it's infrastructure.....could this have a negative impact on voter turn out come Nov?

I really could not speculate for certain. I would suppose that if people are struggling to keep body and soul together, survival might take precedence over going to the polls.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 03:26 pm
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UgDrAm0aXWhk8kQgU3dLteN9Jds*Mg2QIRgIc8ZF1TbHfADDHS!KmnknTTbO63gUXveUjBH79kiz*Dg7svs0h!m7u2iPIYKiORIXRs9S6K*hHrgL6PvJ7Yk2z3yKaiCf/Ivan.gif

Looks like Florida may be in for more trouble next week!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 03:30 pm
It this tropical storm Ivan? So sorry, yikes!
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 03:45 pm
Reminded me of Ivan the Terrible...hope this one fizzles out before it makes landfall.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 05:10 pm
Just listening to CNN right now. They're still getting rain from the back end of Frances in the Bahamas this afternoon.

I hope the sewer systems can keep up with all that flooding.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 05:25 pm
Do they have basements in Florida? (I am guessing not..) We don't have many here; I have one of them. Once in a while when the storm drainage system is too stressed, I get backflow into my basement..

eeeeeeeeek.
0 Replies