Illegal Immigration is a crime!

agrote

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 04:37 am
Baldimo wrote:
I don't have massive wealth and according to most on this web site neither does the US. We can't afford to care for them any more then we can afford to care for our own citizens.

America owns MOST of the world's wealth, so shouldn't it cater for most of the world's population?

finn wrote:
Life is pretty good in the UK. How about we pay to fly all of our illegal immigrants to your shores?

Well the UK is a much smaller place, so I'm not sure we'd have room for all of your immigrants. Attitudes to immigration are annoyingly similar over here. A party called the BNP, widely considered to be a bunch of racists, actually want to stop immigration altogether - make any kind of immigration illegal. Anyway, a lot of immigrants are coming here already - we're quite rich too you know, so we are a pretty good country to live in. I personally think we should be welcoming immigrants, as you might expect, and I think America should do the same.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:01 am
Speeding is a crime people are getting away with. Better post National Guard at all intersections. Shee-it. If broken laws were the real concern of anti imigration proponents it would be laughable. The hidden agenda is racism, pure and simple. That's my final say on the thread. In a few days or weeks, an identicle thread will be started by another newbie and the circle will begin again.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:16 am
If they show up, work, pay their taxes and obey the laws, they're just as good Americans as any of us. I could not agree with EB more on this one, anti-immigration ranters are crypto-racists.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:35 am
Baldimo wrote:
Speaking of which, how much of the unemployment rate is illegal aliens? If they were removed wouldn't that lessen the roles of the unemployed? Those that aren't supposed to be here shouldn't be working here.

Hmm, being ILLEGAL aliens, I wouldn't have thought they have registered, and thus don't contribute to the Unemployment rate.

And I studied modern history alongside my degrees for twelve years; I think that I know about Western implementation of forced employment plans Rolling Eyes.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:43 am
Pass the popcorn, this thread is better than TV. Baldimo, that quote of yours that drom just cited, even for you that's nutty. Here's a proposal to end poverty, courtesy of Crad Kilodney, just lower the poverty line from $10 000 to $1000 per annum. Voila, way less poor people.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:48 am
Baldino wrote:
What should be done to stem the tide of illegal aliens? I think we should place the National Guard of the respective states on the border to help the border patrol.

I think it would be a better idea to legalize all immigration. This way, there will be no more illegal immigration, and the national guard can stay home.

<on to reading the rest of the thread>
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:49 am
Perhaps my spelling will be better next time.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:49 am
What's scary is that they just raised the poverty line per household to $43,000. I'm going dooooooooooooooown.
I was wondering how an illegal applies for unemployment compensation..."here, you get $300 a week"...and they're sending 9 billion dollars back per year. The numbers just don't add up.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 06:00 am
panzade wrote:
I was wondering how an illegal applies for unemployment compensation...

I think he doesn't, judging by my own experience as a prospective (legal) immigrant. Before I received my Green Card, I had to sign that I am not eligible for welfare and unemployment payments for (I think) the first five years. Given that, I doubt that illegal aliens are entitled to unemployment payments at all.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 06:02 am
I was being facetious... one of my most odious traits.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 06:06 am
panzade is from Odious Traits? That's in Mexico, isn't it...get out immigrant. Wink
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 06:08 am
OK OK...I'm leaving I'm leaving! Sad
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 06:11 am
You can't leave, we haven't completely derailed this ridiculous thread yet.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 06:15 am
All that's lacking is for you to compare illegal immigration in Canada and the US
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 06:19 am
cavfancier wrote:
Pass the popcorn, this thread is better than TV. Baldimo, that quote of yours that drom just cited, even for you that's nutty. Here's a proposal to end poverty, courtesy of Crad Kilodney, just lower the poverty line from $10 000 to $1000 per annum. Voila, way less poor people.

I love that guy.

Anyway; if it were not for prior generations' compassion, then Baldino would not have the ability to withold compassion from a new generation...

But, there is more reason in a brick wall than in these BNP types/...

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 06:20 am
Hmm, the only articles I could find relevent to illegal immigration in Canada were from the Christian Science Monitor, and some ranty blog. Personally, I support it in Canada. It keeps us in taxi drivers and cheap Chinese take out. What the USA is whining about, I have no idea.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 06:22 am
panzade wrote:
I was being facetious... one of my most odious traits.

No problem. My mistake I didn't get it. Smile

Baldimo wrote:
Speaking of which, how much of the unemployment rate is illegal aliens? If they were removed wouldn't that lessen the roles of the unemployed? Those that aren't supposed to be here shouldn't be working here.

The problem with your argument is that if those who aren't supposed to be here shouldn't be working here, they shouldn't be spending money here either -- which they do. Each dollar earned by a foreigner in America reduces the employment rate of Americans; but then again, each dollar spent in America by a foreigner increases the employment rate of Americans by about the same amount. Hence, immigrants have practically no discernible effect on employment in America. Their main effect on America's economy is to decrease wages and increase profits, with the increase in profits dominating.

On net, this effect may or may not be worth having, depending on how much you value equality over productivity. But it's false to say that immigrants increase unemployment -- which was your initial claim.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:55 am
Air America started in my area today so I listened a little bit. I was shocked to hear that in FL that the Cubans that don't speak English weren't getting a fair telling of the political landscape. Some caller said that his wife translates for some of the people and was upset that they were getting a conservative slant on their information. The reason I was shocked was because you don't hear anyone being upset that Mexicans in the southwest get a liberal slant in the information that they receive. Could this be some hypocrisy?

edgarblythe wrote:
Speeding is a crime people are getting away with. Better post National Guard at all intersections. Shee-it. If broken laws were the real concern of anti imigration proponents it would be laughable. The hidden agenda is racism, pure and simple. That's my final say on the thread. In a few days or weeks, an identicle thread will be started by another newbie and the circle will begin again.

How can the hidden agenda be racism? Being American doesn't come with a color does it? I could careless who comes in, I just want it done legally as do most people. It isn't being unreasonable it is asking that people obey the law of our land.

cavfancier wrote:

That's part of the problem, illegals are part of the poverty rate as well as being part of the census. That is what is used to check the poverty rate after all. What would the poverty rate be if illegals were not counted?

Thomas wrote:
Baldino wrote:
What should be done to stem the tide of illegal aliens? I think we should place the National Guard of the respective states on the border to help the border patrol.

I think it would be a better idea to legalize all immigration. This way, there will be no more illegal immigration, and the national guard can stay home.

<on to reading the rest of the thread>

I say we make murder legal so that it isn't illegal any longer, that should solve that problem.

panzade wrote:
What's scary is that they just raised the poverty line per household to $43,000. I'm going dooooooooooooooown.
I was wondering how an illegal applies for unemployment compensation..."here, you get $300 a week"...and they're sending 9 billion dollars back per year. The numbers just don't add up.

Apparently they can't get unemployment because they haven't paid into the system per say. It is benefits such as welfare and Medicaid that they receive. Also as I posted before, there are hospitals that are losing millions of dollars per year supplying free medical assistance to illegals. This is breaking the bank on the smaller hospitals and there have even been hospitals that have closed because they can't keep up with the amount of money they are losing.

dròm_et_rêve wrote:
cavfancier wrote:

I love that guy.

Anyway; if it were not for prior generations' compassion, then Baldino would not have the ability to withold compassion from a new generation...

But, there is more reason in a brick wall than in these BNP types/...

Can't any of you comment on illegal immigration? There is a difference you know and I support legal immigration, which is what my grandfather did when he came here. I am only demanding that everyone do as he did. He was better off because of it.

Did you also miss the part where I said that bilingual education is putting kids out of school that don't have a full understanding of the English language. I have seen it when I lived in San Diego for 7 years. It was a wreck and didn't help the children at all. When they leave high school for college they are behind because colleges and universities don't have bilingual classes for these types of students.

Why is it that Mexican immigrants have such a hard time in the schools but Asian students often excel in schools with out bilingual education. They often fair better and leave poverty behind in less then one generation?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:58 am
It might possibly be that it's rather expensive to send Asian students to America, so it's only the wealthy and well-educated ones who make it there. Mexicans face completely different obstacles, but I'm no expert. I'll leave it to the others to get into.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:02 am
cavfancier wrote:
It might possibly be that it's rather expensive to send Asian students to America, so it's only the wealthy and well-educated ones who make it there. Mexicans face completely different obstacles, but I'm no expert. I'll leave to the others to get into.

There you are wrong. There are poor Asians who enter the country and yes some of them do it illegally. I don't like the fact that they do it as either, but the fact remains that they still prosper faster then do their Mexican counterparts do. I think it is because they don't come here expecting anything in return and have a better understanding of what it means to blend with the culture and move on. They don't want to be pandered to and you don't see them being pandered to either.
0 Replies