Illegal Immigration is a crime!

panzade

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:04 pm
Laughing Had a 90 year old Italian man tell me that last week. He'd been here since 1932...I could hardly understand him ,his accent was so strong.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:06 pm
panzade wrote:
Bloody right it's not ok in the UK!

Confused please explain...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:07 pm
I don't give a crap about ill founded rules. If I were in Mexico, living under the set of circumstances some of them live under, I would get here by any means necessary.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:10 pm
agrote wrote:
If it's illegal, isn't it already outlawed?? Confused

I think rather than thinking about it in terms of whether immigrants are breaking the law you should think about it in terms of whether they are doing anything wrong and whether they have a right to live and work in your country. Laws are not always appropriate, and I, being English, don't know what the laws are over there, so it's difficult to say whether I think illegal immigration is okay or not. Smile

If you drive with an expired license are you doing anything really wrong? You're breaking a law that most people believe is sensible (Licensing the drivers of automobiles), but who are you hurting?

No, they don't have a right to live and work in the United States anymore than they have a right to live and work in England or China or Brazil.

In a society governed by the rule of law, anything that is illegal is not OK. If the law is unjust or simply silly, the action to take is to change it, not to flaunt it.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:12 pm
Illegal Immigration is not allowed in the UK. As a matter of fact in 1968 when I was studying in the UK I saw a virulent anti-immigrant wave sweep over the island. It was as nasty as anything seen in the States.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:14 pm
You can't be faulted Finn.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:18 pm
The problem is though Finn, if the immigration laws are unjust, it would take a long time to put them right, and the efforts may be unsuccessful. Immigrants can't necessarily afford to wait for that process.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:19 pm
I've often wondered where the term WithOutPapers came from.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:22 pm
you know damn well
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:22 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Baldimo,

You obviously don't know much about your heritage or the experience of you anscestors.

There were people just like you in the 1900's who felt the same way about your grandfather, that you feel about Mexicans. Not much has changed.

Your claim about the "assimilation" of Italians into America is ignorant to the point of lunacy. Have you heard of the "Knights of Columbus". Have you noticed how many cities have "Little Italy's". There are places in my city where English is not heard since everyone still speaks Italian.

In the 1900's Italians bound together (mostly because they faced the same sort of prejudice you display today) in very tight knit communities. They helped each other as Italians often getting each other jobs, housing et cetera.

Even you claim about "handouts" is ill-informed. Are you saying that your family didn't take advantage of public education, etc. If they were as poor as you imply, it is certain that they received more than they paid in taxes. I am sure they paid their taxes, but immigrants (even "illegals") do that today.

Your posts show the worst kind of hypocrisy. The Italians faced horrible prejudice. The things you say about the Mexicans now are the same things they said about Italians.

Do you really feel it is a good thing that you have give up your Italian heritage? You don't know you own history and you haven't figured out that in a country of immigrants the Italian culture of your family has given a lot to this nation-- not by assimilating-- but by being Italian.

How sad,

You lost what it means to be Italian... and you still don't know what it means to be American.

I have a better understanding of my family history then you think I do. My grandfather didn't teach any of his children Italian for the simple fact that he came here to be American. He was so pro-American that he didn't even have an accent when he spoke and you never would have known he was an immigrant. Despite what you think you know about ones history you don't know it all. My grandfather fought in WWII against the Italians first and then the Germans. He knew he was an American solider and served as one.

agrote wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
I don't know about your family but my family came here legally in the early 1900's. They didn't own a thing and never received handouts from the govt. My grandfather died a millionaire because of hard work and dedication. He didn't have a need his own culture because they came to the US to become Americans not Italian-Americans. They assimilated into American culture and prospered because of it. The same can't be said for people that come here today. With bi-lingual classes immigrant children are graduating high school barely speaking English and this hinders them in society. If you can't speak the language then you will not prosper.

I think what FreeDuck may have meant (quack if I'm mistaken) is that sailing over there and violently nabbing the land from the natives was morally questionable.

Not all countries are capable of taking responsibility of their own citizens, whereas the USA has the potential to accomodate many more citizens, being very big and very rich. So it's unfair to send immigrants back home and just expect them to be taken care of.

It isn't the job of the US to take care of another countries people because they can't afford it. Maybe they should stay there and force change in someway so people don't have to leave.

agrote wrote:
If it's illegal, isn't it already outlawed?? Confused

I think rather than thinking about it in terms of whether immigrants are breaking the law you should think about it in terms of whether they are doing anything wrong and whether they have a right to live and work in your country. Laws are not always appropriate, and I, being English, don't know what the laws are over there, so it's difficult to say whether I think illegal immigration is okay or not. Smile

When you break the law you are doing something wrong. You don't have the right to work in the US unless you are allowed to be here and illegal aliens are not allowed to be here. There are thousands of legal aliens here now and I don't have an issue with them because they followed the law.

dròm_et_rêve wrote:
Things are not all peaches and cream. Most illegals come to America to, surprise, work.

Baldimo, the last person who had a mainstream plan of forcing people to work was Hitler.

I don't care if they came here to work or not, they have still broken the law and should be thrown out.

I don't know if what you say is true or not, but I would say it was a good idea to get the lazy leaches of their collective butts and work. I still support the idea, and it would make the employment rate go up. Speaking of which, how much of the unemployment rate is illegal aliens? If they were removed wouldn't that lessen the roles of the unemployed? Those that aren't supposed to be here shouldn't be working here.

dyslexia wrote:
bigotry by any other name (ethnocentrism) is bigotry.

Care to explain how I'm being a bigot?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:25 pm
agrote wrote:
I think what FreeDuck may have meant (quack if I'm mistaken) is that sailing over there and violently nabbing the land from the natives was morally questionable.

Bingo.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:27 pm
agrote wrote:
The problem is though Finn, if the immigration laws are unjust, it would take a long time to put them right, and the efforts may be unsuccessful. Immigrants can't necessarily afford to wait for that process.

Justice isn't often a speedy process. Some people get left in the dust. What is the alternative? We each ignore those laws we feel are unjust?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:35 pm
I just don't feel strongly that illegal immigration is harming us.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:35 pm
Baldimo wrote:
It isn't the job of the US to take care of another countries people because they can't afford it. Maybe they should stay there and force change in someway so people don't have to leave.

You make it sound so easy. Maybe if you give them a bit of your massive wealth they might be able to do that. Otherwise, surviving is the priority, and emigration may be necessary. If you insist on keeping your wealth and resources to yourselves, some will have no choice but to go to America, illegally if necessary.

Quote:
When you break the law you are doing something wrong. You don't have the right to work in the US unless you are allowed to be here and illegal aliens are not allowed to be here. There are thousands of legal aliens here now and I don't have an issue with them because they followed the law.

If it is wrong to break the law, then it is wrong to take LSD, but it was not wrong 40 or so years ago. Is that possible? The fact that laws change and that moral ideals are varied is enough proof that legality and morality are not the same. If your ideology corresponds exactly with US law, how convenient, but clearly it is not 'wrong' from everyone's point of view to enter America illegally. If it was illegal for you to save your brother from drowning, would you leave him to drown? I'm sure there aren't any US laws that are quite as ridiculous as that, but I know that some come close.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:43 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Justice isn't often a speedy process. Some people get left in the dust. What is the alternative? We each ignore those laws we feel are unjust?

If it's a choice between respecting the US immigration laws or escaping a shitty life, I think I'd choose the latter.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:49 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
I just don't feel strongly that illegal immigration is harming us.

Well it is. Did you know that many hospitals on the border are going broke suppling medical care to illegal aliens?

Quote:
University Medical Center in Tucson estimates that unreimbursed acute care services for UDAs will cost the hospital $7.3 million this year, a 60% increase over 1999. Copper Queen Community Hospital in Bisbee (approximately 15 miles from the U.S.-Mexico border), has experienced a 300% increase in the cost of uncompensated care for UDAs. Statewide, the actual unreimbursed cost of providing emergency care for illegal aliens is over $30 million per year.

This effects the care that is given to US citizens, and we can barely take care of our own.

Source
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:53 pm
Well, that's certainly a problem, Baldimo, but I don't see it a s a big enough problem to get my back up about. We aren't taking 'care of our own' anyway when it comes to healthcare. Healthcare is a separate problem in general, with the exception of where they intersect here.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 07:16 pm
agrote wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

You make it sound so easy. Maybe if you give them a bit of your massive wealth they might be able to do that. Otherwise, surviving is the priority, and emigration may be necessary. If you insist on keeping your wealth and resources to yourselves, some will have no choice but to go to America, illegally if necessary.
Quote:

I don't have massive wealth and according to most on this web site neither does the US. We can't afford to care for them any more then we can afford to care for our own citizens.

Why is it the concern of the US if people in Mexico are doing well? Shouldn't it be the mexican govt that does that, or am I mistaken?

Quote:
Quote:

If it is wrong to break the law, then it is wrong to take LSD, but it was not wrong 40 or so years ago. Is that possible? The fact that laws change and that moral ideals are varied is enough proof that legality and morality are not the same. If your ideology corresponds exactly with US law, how convenient, but clearly it is not 'wrong' from everyone's point of view to enter America illegally. If it was illegal for you to save your brother from drowning, would you leave him to drown? I'm sure there aren't any US laws that are quite as ridiculous as that, but I know that some come close.[/]

It doesn't matter if it was legal 40 years ago or not, Abortion was illegal 30 years ago, does that mean it should be illegal again?
Illegal immigrations isn't a moral issue, it is a physical issue and one that has to be slowed down if not stopped.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 07:49 pm
agrote wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:

If it's a choice between respecting the US immigration laws or escaping a shitty life, I think I'd choose the latter.

And you're welcome to do so, but you need to be prepared to suffer the consequences if and when you are caught breaking the law.

Since there doesn't seem to be too much effort being spent on catching such law breakers, you will have made a good decision.

Life is pretty good in the UK. How about we pay to fly all of our illegal immigrants to your shores?
0 Replies

disenter513

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 10:22 pm
ok be all kind hearted and weak in stead of lookin' at this a messed up problem!! Be that way but don't come cryin' to me when your kids at school gettin' the **** beat out of him for no good reason by some kid that can't speak english has ring worm and doesn't care about anyone. Check it out you break the Laws to come in here you will continue to do so as you live here. and just for the Green Peace supporters I really don't want people shot at the boardes it's just very frustrating. The problem keeps getting worse. So, you want anybody and every body comin' in here messin' around we don't know who they are where they came from or anything, ok do that and in a little while this country will be a **** HOLE like NONE other

Wait if we have people like y'all in here it must be already.

Freaks!!!!

End
0 Replies