Illegal Immigration is a crime!

Baldimo

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 09:57 pm
Quote:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- More than a million illegal immigrants have slipped into the United States in the past few years, raising the total in the country to 7 million, the Immigration and Naturalization Service said Friday.

The vast majority of the illegal immigrants are from Mexico, officials said.

The numbers are based on census figures from 2000 and the agency's own statistics. They are the first official government figures on illegal immigration released since 1996.

The figures show that between October 1996 and January 2000, the number of illegal immigrants grew from about 5.8 million to about 7 million, an increase of more than 300,000 annually.

The proportion of the illegal immigrants who are Mexican has increased to nearly 70 percent from less than 60 percent, the INS said.

Although California is home to the most undocumented immigrants, Arizona, Georgia and North Carolina have the greatest rate of increase, the figures showed.

Justice Department spokesman Jorge Martinez said the latest figures are believed to be more accurate than previous ones because they reflect new methods used to determine trends in the entry and departure of undocumented residents.

What should be done to stem the tide of illegal aliens? I think we should place the National Guard of the respective states on the border to help the border patrol.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 6,316 • Replies: 109
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 09:58 pm
aren't they too busy being deployed to Iraq to do something as insignificant as watch the borders of their own country?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 10:01 pm
Here we go again. Every few weeks another thread like this. I think we should send the National Guard home. I think we should stop being so anti immigration.
0 Replies

disenter513

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 10:23 pm
ok this is touchy, but there much be a penalty to diswade all these illegels. I don't know if death is to harsh or what but some sort of penalty. Second we need to let honest people in this country to work that is what most of them want to do anyway. There should be a program and in the end it will help them and help our economy. How? by providing labor which will lower the cost of products resulting is a high demand and strenthening our GNP. hippykiyah Now I am not in support of having a quota on imigration not at all if you are honest and hard workin' please come join this free nation. But, do it legely by going through imigration.

Now our imigartion needs to faster and more efficent so it can handle the load. Also people may ask what? where are we going to put all those people? Well we have over 2 million people incarserated in this country maybe we should make some room and deal with the animals on death roe. And if any one is in this country illegelly there should be consequences like major mad serious stuff.

End-
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 10:30 pm
We should enforce our laws.

These include those laws that make it illegal to employ illegal immigrants.

Illegal immigration is one of those issues which points out that unfettered capitalism is not always a benign influence on our society.

Free markets naturally attract cheap labor, which in turn, with sufficient numbers, influence the marketplace.

Immigration is a primary source of the greatness of this country, and will continue to be if it is accompanied by the assimilation of the immigrants. This means that our public schools should not be teaching immigrant children in their native languages. That we should not be printing everything from street signs to ATM directions in multiple languages.

The immigrant experience in America has always been marked by the relative hardships of the initial generations as is to be expected when one makes one's home in a foreign land. The typical Liberal response is to feel sorry for these folks and to try and make things easier for them. Don't make them learn English! Don't make them give up their culture!

Hardship, not ease builds character.

Imagine if the Italians, the Germans, the Polish, the Swedes etc had been encouraged to reject assimilation.

What happens when all the different ingredients are thrown in the same pot and they don't all melt together?
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 04:04 am
disenter513 wrote:
ok this is touchy, but there much be a penalty to diswade all these illegels. I don't know if death is to harsh or what but some sort of penalty.

You DON'T KNOW if DEATH is too HARSH!!!???!?!?!?! Shocked

Just imagine.... you live in poverty, your country is a shithole, there's wars left right and centre. So you flee to America, where life is peachy, and they give you the lethal injection.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 05:59 am
Custer died for your sins, give it up.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:15 am
agrote wrote:
disenter513 wrote:
ok this is touchy, but there much be a penalty to diswade all these illegels. I don't know if death is to harsh or what but some sort of penalty.

Just imagine.... you live in poverty, your country is a shithole, there's wars left right and centre. So you flee to America, where life is peachy, and they give you the lethal injection.

That'll learn 'em. Laughing
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 02:07 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Here we go again. Every few weeks another thread like this. I think we should send the National Guard home. I think we should stop being so anti immigration.

Were not being anti-immigration, were being anti-illegal immigration. There is a huge difference between the two. We give illegal immigrates state drivers license, when that should be a crime. What do you use to prove your citizenship when you apply for a job? I use my DL and my SS card. Because we can't solve the problem should we just give up? I would like to know what your solution would be.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 02:24 pm
agrote wrote:
disenter513 wrote:

that's already happening... except they don't give lethal injections, they just kill the people with guns

http://www.papelesdeviaje.com/imagenes/Facundo/fac620a.jpg

that's the border here in Tijuana, the crosses have the names of the people that died or were killed during their intent of living the american dream.

And it's true that latin-americans are a big part of the US way of life... I have not seen any of those but I know "One day without mexicans" and "The day after tomorrow" talk about these immigration issues. One shows what might happen if all mexicans were to suddenly dissapear from California and the other one what might happen if the North-Americans were forced to move south of the border.

And I just wrote 2 paragraphs without saying anything. Yay.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 02:31 pm
Here we go again - being against only illegal immigration. Sigh.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 02:32 pm
you said a lot Joe and good post Fin.
The Federal Gov requires employers to certify applicants to be legal residents however in Fla there are some who skirt the law. I am terribly torn on this issue, hope your views will help clarify my feelings.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 02:45 pm
A current song that adresses the Migra problem.

OK... here's a version with the swears taken out, so that I'm not banned. (Translation by Drom)

I'm sick and tired of them putting this hat on me
Listen now when I tell you; don't call me beaner.

And though there is some respect and we do not interfere
We never inflate currency making war on other countries

We pay you our debt with oil and interests
But we know not who winds up with the change

Although we are famous for being the sellers
of the drugs we grow, you all are the consumers.

--Don't call me gringo, you f----g beaner
--Stay on your side of the goddamn river
--Do not call me gringo, you beaner

Don't call me beaner, Mr. M____r
I'll give you a scare for being a racist and ass-coward;
Don't call me frijolero', c__t gringo mas____r.

Now I wish I had a dime for every single time
I have been stared down for being in the wrong side of town
And a rich man I'd be if I had that kind of chips
Lately I want to smack the mouths of these racists

Can you imagine yourself
As a Mexican crossing the border
Thinking of your family while you cross
Leaving all you know behind
What if you had to dodge bullets
Of some gringo ranchers
Would you keep saying 'good for nothing wetback?'
If you had to start from scratch?
Now why do you not look down
Where your feet are planted
That U.S. soil that makes you take **** for granted
If it weren't for Santa Ana, just to let you know
That where your feed are planted would be Mexico
Correcto!
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 02:49 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Here we go again - being against only illegal immigration. Sigh.

Are you against all kinds of immigration?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 02:53 pm
You misunderstood Joe
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 02:56 pm
Watching and reading....
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 03:01 pm
Why? You thinkin of sneakin across the border? :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 03:05 pm
This nation was built by emigrants. I oppose the criminalization of folks who want to come here - especially since I know most are working folks seeking a better life.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 03:11 pm
I believe the US has tried to be accomodating to emigrants...except of course in WWII when tough immigration laws doomed millions of Jews. I wonder when the terorist thread will force us to build a wall around America. Is that what's ahead?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 03:19 pm
Don't you notice, anti-immigrationists, that there is plenty of room to spare in America? -- Or that immigrants usually do the jobs that you would spit on?

In a nation of immigrants, who is entitled to shut the door on whom?

0 Replies