Toddlers Have Already Shot 23 People This Year And It’s Only May

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 03:56 pm
@Linkat,
Just gotta love it. Anything that puts a kink into that murdering little twerps plans makes the day brighter.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 04:11 pm
http://assets.amuniversal.com/3c6895b0fb0101335d16005056a9545d.gif
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 05:37 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
He jumped on the kid and killed him. That's an attack, not a defense.

Your facts are wrong. Trayvon jumped on Mr. Zimmerman. And Trayvon was in the process of beating Mr. Zimmerman to death when he was shot.
oralloy

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 05:39 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
I like Racist McShootface - take after the McBoatface thingy in the UK

Are you talking about Mr. Zimmerman's auction? I think it would have been cool if they had bound the winning bidder to pay $65 million dollars to Mr. Zimmerman. And if they couldn't pay, seized the bidder's house, retirement fund, and children's college fund and handed it over to Mr. Zimmerman.

What's really cool though is, as of this morning at least, the legitimate bids on the auction had reached $485,000.

I can't tell if it has gone up from there as the auction is clogged again with fake bids. Hopefully they will clear out the fake bids again so we can see how high it has gone.
Blickers

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 11:04 pm
@Linkat,
Now I will deal with the list of countries you gave which have a higher murder rate than the US. One of the criticisms which Oralloy made about lists of countries with lower murder rates than the US is that many are tiny, and you can't compare these really small nations to a huge, dynamic country like the US. I agree. Also, since the US has a GDP per capita of 55,000, we should be compared to countries with GDPs per capita in that range. There is a chart where countries in brown and very dark red are over $32,000, so we will use that chart. Countries below that line are likely to have a greater percentage of people whose backs are financially to the wall which will usually drive up murder rates.

Here's the chart:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b2/GDP_per_capita_%28nominal%29_2015.png/800px-GDP_per_capita_%28nominal%29_2015.png

So now, here's your list of countries:
Lithuania and Estonia: Too small, (pop 3 Million and 1.3 Million respectively), and not quite wealthy enough.
Greenland: Seriously?
Argentina: Not wealthy, GDP per capita = $13,428
Montenegro: Too small and too poor
Uruguay: Too small, (pop 3 Million), too poor, GDP per capita = $16K
Russia: Big, diverse, but poor. GDP per capita = $9,000. Compared to US' $55,000.
Seychelles: Too small, pop under 100,00
Bermuda: Too small, pop under 100,000

A look at the large, diverse, wealthy countries like Germany, UK, France, etc all yield murder rates about one fourth of the US murder rate. These places don't have super lax gun laws like the US.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 13 May, 2016 11:50 pm
@Blickers,
He's got you on the ropes: you've been reduced to facts, figures and truth. When will you learn?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 02:55 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Wishing a gun death on someone is a bad place to begin the argument against gun violence.

I was not making an argument against gun violence. Rather, i was sharing my disgust for this moral piece of **** called Zimmerman and the environment that empowers him. It's a morally bankrupt country that lets such things as his kangooroo trial and now his gun auction happen.
oralloy

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 03:05 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
One of the criticisms which Oralloy made about lists of countries with lower murder rates than the US is that many are tiny, and you can't compare these really small nations to a huge, dynamic country like the US.

I don't recall saying anything like that.

My main criticism regarding countries with low homicide rates is that they are misrepresented as not having many privately owned guns, when in fact some of them have widespread private gun ownership.

Blickers wrote:
Countries below that line are likely to have a greater percentage of people whose backs are financially to the wall which will usually drive up murder rates.

Most US homicides come from neighborhoods where people's backs are financially to the wall.

Blickers wrote:
A look at the large, diverse, wealthy countries like Germany, UK, France, etc all yield murder rates about one fourth of the US murder rate. These places don't have super lax gun laws like the US.

I'm not sure what would define a gun law as super lax, but Germany and France have widespread private ownership of guns -- not quite as many as in the US, but close enough.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 03:06 am
@oralloy,
That's a lie.
oralloy

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 03:12 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
I was not making an argument against gun violence. Rather, i was sharing my disgust for this moral piece of **** called Zimmerman and the environment which empowers him.

Black people do NOT have the right to run around murdering people. People have the right to defend themselves when someone tries to kill them.

Olivier5 wrote:
It's a morally bankrupt country who let such things as his kangooroo trial and now his gun auction happen.

It was indeed a kangaroo trial. But the reason it was a kangaroo trial is because a clearly innocent person was being prosecuted for political reasons.

The gun auction is justice. The witch hunt against Mr. Zimmerman ruined him. Now he is able to recoup his losses.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 03:16 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
That's a lie.

The evidence says otherwise.
Olivier5

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 03:19 am
@oralloy,
No it doesn't.
oralloy

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 03:26 am
@Olivier5,
Good grief. You know very well that denying facts doesn't make them go away.

This is getting silly.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 06:28 am
@Olivier5,
Here's some hope for you:

Top U.S. auctioneers refused to sell gun from Trayvon Martin shooting
Source: Reuters

Two of America's leading auctioneers of guns said they refused on ethical grounds to handle the sale of the 9 mm pistol that George Zimmerman used to kill unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin.

The firearm is so toxic that another auctioneer, the man who sold the revolver used to kill John F. Kennedy's assassin, said he would want no part of it had he been approached by Zimmerman.

Zimmerman, a onetime neighborhood watch volunteer, is trying to sell the Kel-Tec PF-9 that he used to shoot the black Florida teenager in 2012, a case that convulsed the country and ignited debates on race relations, gun control and American justice.

A jury acquitted Zimmerman, who was protected by Florida's "stand your ground" self-defense laws.

Two auctioneers, Wes Cowan of Cowan's Auctions in Cincinnati and James Julia of James D. Julia Auctioneers in Fairfield, Maine, both said on Friday that Zimmerman called their establishments recently hoping to consign the gun with them. Both turned him down.

Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-collectors-idUSKCN0Y42NZ
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 06:30 am
ANOTHER child in Detroit, Michigan USA - four year old girl took found the grandmother's pistol IN THE GRANDMOTHER'S BED, UNDER HER PILLOW and took it into another room where a one year old and a three year old were playing. The four year old shot and killed herself.

WTF? A gun under your pillow?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 06:39 am
@PUNKEY,
This one is just too sad and yet could have been worse.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 06:46 am
@PUNKEY,
Actually that is not that uncommon. I know several people who sleep with their gun close by. If you are going to have guns close by to quickly use in an emergency, then you have to really stress as early as possible the dangers of guns the same as you do hot stoves, curling irons, cleaning products...

On the one hand I agree, guns should be locked up, but then on the other hand, the whole purpose of having a hand gun in the house is usually for protection. Getting a key and going to where the gun is locked up might mean the difference between life and death for you or your loved ones. It is kind of a dilemma.
oralloy

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 07:06 am
Olivier5 wrote:
You are a liar

You can't point out a single untrue thing that I've said, much less an intentional deception on my part.

Olivier5 wrote:
Zimmerman is a murderer.

Self defense is not murder.

Olivier5 wrote:
Denying the truth doesn't make it go away.

Exactly.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 06:06 pm
@PUNKEY,
quote="PUNKEY"
WTF? A gun under your pillow?

MILLER:
What's there to be surprised about? Growing up in a nasty part of Chicago, I always kept 2 large knives under my pillow.

What's under your pillow? Pennies? Drunk
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 06:10 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Actually that is not that uncommon.

Very true. In Chicago, my mother had a gun in a hat box, high up in the closet.
My father had a gun under the bed, near his shoes.

You never know when you'll need protection , so you've got to be prepared.