The Pro Hillary Thread

Olivier5

Thu 5 May, 2016 06:30 am
@Lash,
Let's do better than they do, and not fall into their pattern of speaking about someone behind his back.
snood

Thu 5 May, 2016 06:39 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Olivier5 wrote:

Ed has not written dozens of posts deriding other posters just because they happen to post things he disagrees with. The impression Snood and you give me is that you keep focusing on the messengers because you can't deal with the message...

Snood's pattern of surprisingly hyperbolic personal attack responses to mild to moderate criticism of his preferred political candidate gives great credence to your statement.

He can't bear to see the criticism and launches over the top personal attacks, like people have no right to their own opinions.

Jeez you really are delusional if you think anyone is worse at it than you. I guess you have to maintain that you only do it in response, that you never start it, that you're just joking, whatever. Do you need to see a dozen more examples of your over the top nastiness?
On second thought, know what? Everyone besides you and your couple of lackeys can see you for what you are. So I'll save myself the trouble of pointing it out again.
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 5 May, 2016 06:49 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I didn't think you voted in American elections.

There are a few members here who don't believe that Olive Tree is actually a Frenchman, based on some real boners he made writing French. Personally, i neither know nor care. Although i put precious few people on ignore, i put him on ignore because it was obvious that he was just trying to pick a fight with me. His heated participation in discussions such as these is interesting, though, ain't it?
revelette2

Thu 5 May, 2016 07:04 am
@Olivier5,
It is not as though she will not be back to read it this afternoon, you need to get real. Everyone knows Lash is caustic, she was when she was a Bush/Iraq war supporter which was as late as at least 2008 when most of the evidence proved there was wasn't WMD and the Bush administration manipulated evidence to drum up support for war. She is the same now and people will respond or ignore her. I do both.
Olivier5

Thu 5 May, 2016 07:32 am
@revelette2,
Caustic is okay; toxic is bad. If one day I conclude she's toxic, I'll act on it in my small way. So far it seems to me she's just being very cheerful about Bern and yes, caustic about Hillary. But as long as it remains by and large topical -- mainly centred on the candidates rather than just personal bashing about other A2Kers -- I don't mind.

What I have little patience for is endless internecine disputes and pitch battles. In my short experience with A2K, that type of dynamics can quickly polute any discussion. People stop to think by themselves and they start to allign themselves to their "allies" and to disagree mechanically with their "enemies", without even thinking. They jokey for position, lick up and kick down, thumb down posts they agree with and thumb up posts they disagree with just because of the "eright" or "wrong" poster who wrote them... Whatever intelligence they have gets blured and lost in all the bleeding and bitching. That's not a debate, it's a dog fight.
Olivier5

Thu 5 May, 2016 07:33 am
@Setanta,
Bunch of gossip queens...
0 Replies

revelette2

Thu 5 May, 2016 08:14 am
@Olivier5,
For the most part, it is politics in the primary, we just usually don't get the level of caustic remarks against a democrat from a democrat (or one who plans to vote in the democrat primary) we have this year.

Besides, who died and made you moderator of these threads?
snood

Thu 5 May, 2016 08:22 am
@revelette2,
Rev, I know you know this but (one version of the saying is)...
Arguing with some folks is like playing chess with a pigeon. He just knocks down all the pieces, shits all over everything and then struts around as if he's won.
Know what I mean?
Olivier5

Thu 5 May, 2016 08:45 am
@revelette2,
I am not a moderator, just a poster like yourself, who happens to be interested in the issues more than in mudsliding, groupthink and childish tits for tats.
0 Replies

revelette2

Thu 5 May, 2016 08:47 am
@snood,
Actually never heard that one, funny visual.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 5 May, 2016 08:48 am
@snood,
You play chess, snood? Care for a game?
0 Replies

revelette2

Thu 5 May, 2016 08:57 am
Speaking of visuals, ran across a somewhat funny one today concerning the prime minister of Iraq and his couch. Not so funny when you think of the deaths and how this might have been avoided.

Iraqis mock politicians over a ruined couch

Quote:
Over the weekend thousands of Iraqis stormed parliament in the Green Zone, damaging a lot of politicians' offices in the process. On Monday a car bomb targeting Shia pilgrims killed 18. Iraqis have now taken to Twitter to mock politicians who seem more concerned with the state of one particular sofa.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChegfJEU8AAzFwM.jpg:small

Mina Al-Oraibi Retweeted Ahmed Salah

#PT Iraqi Speaker of parliament looking at damage 2sofa-hasn't been seen visiting bombing sites where lives are lost

Ahmed Salah Tweeted:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChhcznrXEAANH4k.jpg:small
source
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 5 May, 2016 09:12 am
@engineer,
I'm curious about the group of people who said their preference was Elizabeth Warren as a candidate.

Are they going to follow her lead on this?

So far (at least at A2k) they've been strikingly silent about it.

engineer wrote:

Elizabeth Warren speaks out

Quote:
What happens next will test the character for all of us — Republican, Democrat and Independent. It will determine whether we move forward as one nation or splinter at the hands of one man’s narcissism and divisiveness. I know which side I’m on, and I’m going to fight my heart out to make sure Donald Trump’s toxic stew of hatred and insecurity never reaches the White House.

snood

Thu 5 May, 2016 09:14 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

I'm curious about the group of people who said their preference was Elizabeth Warren as a candidate.

Are they going to follow her lead on this?

So far (at least at A2k) they've been strikingly silent about it.

engineer wrote:

Elizabeth Warren speaks out

Quote:
What happens next will test the character for all of us — Republican, Democrat and Independent. It will determine whether we move forward as one nation or splinter at the hands of one man’s narcissism and divisiveness. I know which side I’m on, and I’m going to fight my heart out to make sure Donald Trump’s toxic stew of hatred and insecurity never reaches the White House.

Well, long before either following Warren's lead or not, some of these folks will spend some time denying or perverting the meaning of what Warren is saying.
RABEL222

Thu 5 May, 2016 06:50 pm
@Olivier5,
I give what I am given. If you don't want crappy discussions than leave out the crap yourself. You and Lash give me heartburn, you both think you can give out garbage without receiving it in return. One is judged by the company they keep.
RABEL222

Thu 5 May, 2016 06:53 pm
@Olivier5,
How can you type with your back to the computer? Do you have a spoken word program that records what you want on the computer?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 5 May, 2016 07:06 pm
@snood,
Still haven't seen any of the posters who said they would have preferred Ms. Warren speak to Ms. Warren's comments.

Fascinating.
snood

Thu 5 May, 2016 07:20 pm
@ehBeth,
Ain't it?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 5 May, 2016 07:35 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm confused, maybe I didn't read everything but are you asking why no one is supporting her for election to the WhiteHouse?

0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 5 May, 2016 07:40 pm
@Setanta,
He may live in France, but I doubt it. I don't believe he is a Frenchman, but because of something else. i'll send it later.