The Pro Hillary Thread

snood

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 04:57 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Slapping Lash around for supporting Bernie don't make much sense to me.
Surely she'll vote for Hillary and keep the Donald out of the White House.
I mean, we can agree on that can't we?

If you think you can take for granted that Lash is voting for Hillary, then you haven't been reading along. Come to think of it, it's pretty clear that you haven't been paying attention if you characterize the exchanges going on as "slapping " someone around for voting for Bernie. All the fire she takes is return fire for her non-stop negative bilge against "fake" progressives, the evil Hillary, and the whole stupid world that didn't ascend Bernie to his rightful place.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 05:04 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
And this attitude has narcissism written all over it, which means you're the one with your head up your own arse, snood.

Do you think this could be true? It seems likely to me as well but I do not know her as well as you do. Did you know that many psychologist say that some men who have been diagnosed having a Narcissistic Personality Disorder have improved from therapeutic help but they have never seen a woman improve with help. The info I shared comes from both men and women who have thousands of hours in their field.
0 Replies

Blickers

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 05:13 pm
@revelette2,
Quote revellette:
Quote:
I think he [Bill Clinton] is just a bit arrogant and wanted to do something because he "can."

I go along with you on that. The right wingers have been after both Clintons' every move since 1992, and there comes a time when you have to put prudence aside and just show people that you're not afraid of them. The right wing is revving up for not getting an indictment, and are going to pronounce the process "fixed" thereby, (because they didn't get the indictment, that "proves" the system is fixed, see). You can't let every move you make be dictated by someone else's criticism. Besides, this keeps the right wing smear machine's bastards on their toes, which is good for the soul.
snood

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 05:15 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
You can't let every move you make be dictated by someone else's criticism.

That's a good thought.
Blickers

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 05:22 pm
@snood,
Thanks. The other point I would like to make is that a political campaign is a lot like a heavyweight championship fight. In lighter weight classes like lightweight or even welterweight, the fighters can throw hard punches all fight long and never tire. But a heavyweight puts so much force in his punches, even those that miss, that if he throws too many punches in a round or fight he will get exhausted. In political campaigns, if you put a lot of time and effort into an issue, it has to pay off on Election Day because you have expended resources pushing it. I think Bill figures that an indictment is not going to happen, so he inflames the issue all the more to get the right wing apoplectic and spend even more time and passion on something that nobody cares about outside the Right Wing World.

That's why I think Bill Clinton did it. Yes, it is a a little arrogant, but I think he had a plan behind it.
snood

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 05:31 pm
@Blickers,
You're certainly entitled to your opinion. I think he made a mistake because his ego sometimes doesn't let him hear the admonitions of common sense.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 05:59 pm
@reasoning logic,
This is the most logical answer. When people wonder about the impropriety of the meeting, what comes to mind is his extraordinary exceptionalism.

He was the first presidential candidate to admit to smoking pot, and was still elected. This seems like nothing now, but even strong hints of smoking pot pre-Clinton was enough to stop candidacy for any public office in its tracks.

He fucked extramaritally with reckless abandon throughout his long political career, and while he most certainly wasn't alone among presidents to enjoy this hobby, he was the first to be nailed to the wall and caught lying about it under oath. CEOs and bosses at every level were being fired, tarred, feathered and socially beheaded for even flirting with women in subordinate positions at the workplace, but Bill has a longish-term sexual relationship with a kid, wags his lying finger at the country and keeps his job.

He begins to see himself as above the law. He's blameless. He's impervious to mortal rules.

He controls the enormous black voting block - don't underestimate the power and significance of this little sentence - after gutting welfare and selling out the needs of the poorest sector of the US, which happened to be carved out of black America. His brainchild, prison-for-profit, has laid waste to the black community for decades, but they either don't know or don't care. He grins and they fall over themselves to do his bidding at the polls.

He is not just above the law, he's an immortal.

Smart man, he devised a way to make billions in "public service." His education came in quite handy. A "Foundation" where money comes in in the form of charitable contributions. The president who defended himself by responding about the definition of the word "is," knows that proving 'pay for play' is almost impossible without an admission of guilt. Brilliant.

His wife is forever on the edge of indictment but either pay-off, threat, cronyism, or prosecutors aware of burden of proof in a country where Clintons can afford headlines isn't worth the considerable trouble and personal and professional risk.

So, hell. How do YOU feel if you're Bill Clinton? Untouchable. Like Al Capone. Until you finally make a mistake and get what's coming to you.

May it be soon.
reasoning logic

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 06:15 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
He controls the enormous black voting block - don't underestimate the power and significance of this little sentence - after gutting welfare and selling out the needs of the poorest sector of the US, which happened to be carved out of black America. His brainchild, prison-for-profit, has laid waste to the black community for decades, but they either don't know or don't care. He grins and they fall over themselves to do his bidding at the polls.

Yes in Sweden Stockholm syndrome became popular and in America we have the Clinton syndrome that seems to affect black people the most.

This is not the fault of black people but rather an affect caused by the environment we are in.
0 Replies

Blickers

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 06:59 pm
@Lash,
Quote Lash:
Quote:
He [Bill Clinton] controls the enormous black voting block - don't underestimate the power and significance of this little sentence - after gutting welfare and selling out the needs of the poorest sector of the US, which happened to be carved out of black America. His brainchild, prison-for-profit, has laid waste to the black community for decades, but they either don't know or don't care. He grins and they fall over themselves to do his bidding at the polls.

You still trumpet elitist views while attempting to appear egalitarian. In point of fact, under Bill Clinton median income for all people grew, but black median income grew by more than white median income. In other words, blacks lowered the income gap during Clinton's presidency. That's ONE reason why he is popular among black Americans.

Another reason Bill Clinton is popular among black Americans is that his economic policies, among other things, resulted in fewer black murder victims. While you, Lash, prattle on like the conservative elitist you are about what blacks SHOULD do, (according to you), blacks are voting for the spouse of the man who took a horribly rising murder rate of black victims and turned it into a decline of annual black murder victimhood. Makes sense to me-but not an elitist like you pretending to be spokesperson for the black cause. Check out the black murder victim rates before and after Bill Clinton takes office:
Under Bush I:

Bill Clinton Takes Office

Bill Clinton's presidency cut the number of blacks murdered per year by 37%, when the number of black murder victims had increased in the six years previous to Clinton's presidency by 31%.

Black people want to live, just like white people do. But people like yourself who fancy themselves part of the elite will never accept that.

snood

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 07:05 pm
Damn. Deja vu. It's almost like I've watched Blickers and Lash go back and forth about the same set of statistics a half dozen times.
Lash

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 07:25 pm
@Blickers,
What is my "elitist" view?
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 07:33 pm
@snood,

Godwin's Law in a manner of speaking: Every time Blickers and I communicate, the odds that Blickers will post those stats are .999.

My apologies to the community at large.
ehBeth

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 07:53 pm
@panzade,
not a chance
0 Replies

Blickers

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 08:09 pm
@Lash,
Your elitist view is that you disregard entirely the notion that black people might have good reasons for voting as they do as regard the Clintons, rather they are held in mental thrall by nefarious Clintonian forces awaiting arrival of supposedly glorious people like yourself to free them. Remember, this is your sentence, not mine:
Quote:
He [Bill Clinton]controls the enormous black voting block - don't underestimate the power and significance of this little sentence - after gutting welfare and selling out the needs of the poorest sector of the US, which happened to be carved out of black America.

You don't post anything like "blacks like Bill Clinton"-no. You have to phrase that sentence in such a way to make it seem like black people don't have the ability to discern what is good for them, they are controlled by Bill Clinton. This pretty well sums up your view on black voters-not that they should be listened to as someone whose vote you would like to get, but that you must go down and free them from mental bondage. It is a variation of the "blacks must get off the Democrat plantation", an insulting phrase which so many conservatives are so fond of saying. Which more or less proves what I've been saying all along-you are still a conservative pretending to be a progressive in order to use the same old conservative arguments dressed up in progressive clothing.
reasoning logic

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 08:27 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
Your elitist view is that you disregard entirely the notion that black people might have good reasons for voting as they do as regard the Clintons

Do you think that this good reason might have anything to do with history?
Do you think that it might have something to do with the slaves being forced by their slave masters to educate themselves? Do you think that it is because of the critical thinking their ancestors were taught by their masters?
glitterbag

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 08:32 pm
@reasoning logic,
I don't think so. Your attitude would be understandable if this was 1959 Missippi.
snood

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 08:33 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
You have to phrase that sentence in such a way to make it seem like black people don't have the ability to discern what is good for them, they are controlled by Bill Clinton.

Another good point. Her attitude seems to be that anyone supporting Hillary can't possibly have sound reasoning or a valid decision making process. And she often directs that condescending pap at the poor, unsuspecting misled blacks who just don't know what's good for them - not the way Miss Lash knows. So ignorantly arrogant she probably doesn't even have a clue how insulting that is.
reasoning logic

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 08:33 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I don't think so. Your attitude would be understandable if this was 1959 Missippi.

You do not think that the past plays any role in a person's education?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 08:35 pm
@snood,
Quote:
anyone supporting Hillary can't possibly have sound reasoning or a valid decision making process

Wow I think you finally get it.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 4 Jul, 2016 08:58 pm
@Blickers,
I agree with Michele Alexander.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/02/10/the-new-jim-crow-author-hillary-clinton-doesnt-deserve-the-support-of-black-voters/?utm_term=.847254cb8f2e

The Clintons ushered in a New Jim Crow and they've been screwing black America for power and profit his entire lucrative career.