The Pro Hillary Thread

Sturgis

Wed 4 May, 2016 09:38 am
@snood,
Since snood in his infinite show of being fair minded has placed me on ignore, please someone kindly advise him that I have no agenda either against him or those who agree with him. The times I have responded to his posts it has been on a direct approach to what he has written. At times I have responded to others in like manner. Would he prefer that I either remain fully silent, which would make things lopsided or should I clutter every Clinton and Sanders thread with an extra 10-20 pages by responding to each and every post directly?

Additionally, advise snood that placing people on ignore, limits his ability to respond with full information. His putting me on ignore is evidence of how terrified he must be; since, I've posted very few responses to him in my entire time on this board. Does the truth scare him that much?

Regarding Lash, I often find her(?) Over the top as well. Then again I am sure I can be viewed similarly at times. One thing though, I have stated a few times, if Ms.Clinton is the candidate of choice for the Democrats, I will vote for her....unless the Republicans trot out a better candidate for November than they have so far, in which case, I'd give them a look and decide from there which I felt was better, Democrat or Republican?

edgarblythe

Wed 4 May, 2016 09:56 am
@Sturgis,
I have stated my position many times and it will not change. I genuinely do not want a Clinton presidency. My conclusion does not even figure in Sanders, Trump or anybody else. It stands alone. I consider that she would be bad for the nation. I won't be herded into voting for her, just because they say I must vote the lesser of two evils, if I am dissatisfied. I no longer intend to vote the lesser of two evils, because they have gotten where they throw liberals a few tokens during a campaign, but renege once the campaign season is over. We lose out by increments to a rightward trend, because our vote is taken as a given. No more. If I have to I will go Green this year and hereafter.
maporsche

Wed 4 May, 2016 10:58 am
John Kasich has quit the race leaving Trump the last man standing and now what was a huge mess and media draw in the Republican primary has now coalesced into one man and a new goal of party unity.

It's now the democratic primary that looks like the messiest of the two. My prediction, Sanders recognizes that giving the Republicans a two month advantage in attacking the democratic party isn't good for his cause and he'll drop out within a week.
engineer

Wed 4 May, 2016 11:01 am
@maporsche,
Not going to happen. Sanders has a message and a following. I do think he will continue to make his points generally and not try to hammer on Clinton. He might even turn his guns on Trump, but some of the most odious things about Trump are not things he gets excited about. He'll get to the convention and get his time in the sun.
revelette2

Wed 4 May, 2016 11:04 am
@engineer,
I think you are giving Sanders too much credit but I hope for the democrats sake you are right in that he will lay off Clinton. I think he should drop out of the race so that more resources can be devoted towards going to Trump and other republicans.
snood

Wed 4 May, 2016 11:07 am
I disagree with both Engineer's and Maporsche's predictions. I think Sanders will continue to harp on Hillary's deficiencies and press on into the convention. I think a lot of people underestimate Bernie's capacity for human weaknesses like loving all this adulation and enjoying the feeling of power. For someone who's never had those things and is late in life, I think the intoxicating effects could greatly be compromising his ability to act in the best interest of the many. Just one man's opinion.
engineer

Wed 4 May, 2016 11:14 am
@revelette2,
I think it is clear that Clinton is already putting her resources towards Trump. She did not do any ad buys in Indiana ahead of the primary there, essentially ceding the state to Sanders (although she did some stump stops.) The Democrats are having a good discussion. I don't see any harm.
0 Replies

engineer

Wed 4 May, 2016 11:17 am
@snood,
I do not see Sanders as an attention whore. I think he is passionate about his beliefs and old enough to feel this is his only chance to make a difference. He is strategic with no tactical ability. Clinton is very tactical with limited strategic experience. If Clinton can learn from Sanders, she will be a better candidate for it.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 4 May, 2016 11:28 am

We differ in opinions. I don't see him as an "attention whore" (that's taking what I said about having a human weakness for adulation to the extreme. the Kardashians come to mind), but I don't see Sanders as totally above ambition and pride. Clinton could learn from him yes, but I think he could also learn a lot from Clinton.
parados

Wed 4 May, 2016 12:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
Can't you be bothered to check your facts before you post things edgar?

It's no wonder you hate Clinton if you believe things that aren't true about her.
0 Replies

engineer

Wed 4 May, 2016 12:44 pm
Elizabeth Warren speaks out

Quote:
What happens next will test the character for all of us — Republican, Democrat and Independent. It will determine whether we move forward as one nation or splinter at the hands of one man’s narcissism and divisiveness. I know which side I’m on, and I’m going to fight my heart out to make sure Donald Trump’s toxic stew of hatred and insecurity never reaches the White House.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 4 May, 2016 06:50 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Clinton could learn from him yes, but I think he could also learn a lot from Clinton.

Thats fair enough. Because if Hillary gets it, having Bernie involved will bring in young committed independent voters.

No matter which candidate wins on the first Tuesday in November, it will not be Trump.

That's a very good thing and if we can get a huge turnout along with the guaranteed President Clinton/Sanders' election, we can begin to repair Congress.

Between Bernie and Hillary it really is win/win.
RABEL222

Wed 4 May, 2016 06:58 pm
@Olivier5,
Not her opinions. Its the crappy way she states them. It isent necessary to be a jerk when expressing opinions. If she is a teacher she should be able to express herself without all the garbage. Since your not a teacher I understand your crappy attitude.
RABEL222

Wed 4 May, 2016 07:00 pm
@Sturgis,
You and the ones he rails against. Well you asked.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Wed 4 May, 2016 07:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
Just cut out the middle man and vote for Trump. It would be more honest.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Wed 4 May, 2016 07:05 pm
@maporsche,
I'll bet you a coffee he stays until the last dog dies. I think he is a clandestine Trump supporter just like Lash.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 4 May, 2016 10:13 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Quote:
Clinton could learn from him yes, but I think he could also learn a lot from Clinton.

Thats fair enough. Because if Hillary gets it, having Bernie involved will bring in young committed independent voters.

No matter which candidate wins on the first Tuesday in November, it will not be Trump.

That's a very good thing and if we can get a huge turnout along with the guaranteed President Clinton/Sanders' election, we can begin to repair Congress.

Between Bernie and Hillary it really is win/win.

I wish everyone saw this positive side of this situation.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 4 May, 2016 10:14 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

No system is perfect... The world is unjust, and grown-ups know that. Bernie knew he was taking on a system that was staked against him or people like him. That's why he is such a great man, IMHO: because he did fight, and splendidly, in spite of not having much of a fighting chance. We should not feel bitter about the outcome, but encouraged and grateful that he went so far.

If the playing field was levelled, we wouldn't need people like Bernie.

are you including yourself in the "we .........need people like Bernie"? I didn't think you voted in American elections.
Olivier5

Thu 5 May, 2016 02:54 am
@RABEL222,
As long as you can forgive your own crappy attitude, you should be ok.
Lash

Thu 5 May, 2016 05:44 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Ed has not written dozens of posts deriding other posters just because they happen to post things he disagrees with. The impression Snood and you give me is that you keep focusing on the messengers because you can't deal with the message...

Snood's pattern of surprisingly hyperbolic personal attack responses to mild to moderate criticism of his preferred political candidate gives great credence to your statement.

He can't bear to see the criticism and launches over the top personal attacks, like people have no right to their own opinions.