Fri 6 May, 2016 01:58 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
One is judged by the company they keep.

Good point. Time to say good bye then.
Olivier5

Fri 6 May, 2016 02:55 am
@glitterbag,
If you need to know, I live in Rome, Italy.
Lash

Fri 6 May, 2016 05:18 am
@Olivier5,
Laughed too loud in the quiet, early morning house! Nice way to christen the day.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 6 May, 2016 05:22 am
@Olivier5,
You have been judged by the shadowy forces of Yay Hillary to be too kind to the outcast, and now your passport is being reviewed...

Isn't it amazing? They'll start wearing matching uniforms, come up with a secret handshake, and learn how to make good knots in sturdy rope next.
Olivier5

Fri 6 May, 2016 05:27 am
@Lash,
Aren't you jealous that they also obsess about moi, and not just about you you you?
Lash

Fri 6 May, 2016 05:32 am
@Olivier5,
I'm pea green!
0 Replies

revelette2

Fri 6 May, 2016 08:00 am
I think it is unfair to ask Hillary to release her transcripts of her speeches when neither of other candidates haven't released their complete tax returns. I imagine Trump's tax returns would be a doozy. Perhaps Jane should take time out from her whining to the press about Hillary and do the Sanders taxes since it seems only she is in charge of their taxes. Why do they always create new thresholds only for Hillary to climb? Who else had to release speeches in presidential campaigns? Like she said, get the other candidates to fulfill the traditional transparency and release their tax returns, then ask all the candidates to release any speeches they made at any place in their political careers, not just Goldman and Sacs.

Which of these things is not like the others: Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Ted Cruz, and John Kasich?
Lash

Fri 6 May, 2016 08:26 am
@revelette2,
Sanders earns as much in a year as Clinton does selling out our country in one so-called speech to her paymasters on Wall Street.

He did release his taxes. She'll never release her speeches. She can't allow us to know the promises she made them.
engineer

Fri 6 May, 2016 09:05 am
@revelette2,
There are thousands of people who have heard Clinton speak. The rooms were full of wait staff, coordinators, paid guests and spouses. Not a single one of these people have come forward to say "Guess what Clinton said!!" or present a recording of her comments. My guess is that some of these people are Republicans, maybe even Trump supporters and some are Democrats, maybe even Sanders supporters. President Obama was called on his "guns and religion" comments, Romney was busted on his 47% comments, but somehow Clinton is making all these wild promises to Wall Street and the Sanders and Trump supporters in the crowd are completely silent about it afterwards. If you want to know what Clinton says in her speeches, just go ask someone who was there.
Olivier5

Fri 6 May, 2016 09:11 am
@engineer,
They probably don't remember. I would be very surprised if those speeches would say anything meaningful and deep. I bet they are pet talks: strings of jokes and vague aspirational statements.
engineer

Fri 6 May, 2016 09:16 am
@Olivier5,
I agree. I've been to paid speakers before and they usually share anecdotes and insights from their careers. Interesting to hear, not particularly controversial. I think if Clinton was making big promises or going all elitist, we would have heard about it by now. She's been on the speaking circuit for four years.
revelette2

Fri 6 May, 2016 10:11 am
@engineer,
Quote:
If you want to know what Clinton says in her speeches, just go ask someone who was there.

I don't want to know, Sanders does, tell him to ask someone who was there. Guess Sanders wishes someone was walking around with an iPhone recording...

My point being that Hillary is held to a different standard than other candidates and so far, she is the most transparent in releasing her tax returns which is usually what is called for to be released during US presidential elections.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Fri 6 May, 2016 10:23 am
@engineer,
Yes. Still, she won't release them. An empty speech paid a hundred grands could be more damaging for her than a meaningful, topical speech: It would seem a fake transaction, people would ask how come she gets paid so much to say so little, etc.
revelette2

Fri 6 May, 2016 10:25 am
@Lash,
Bernie Sanders has released few tax returns compared with past and present candidates

As our friends at the Washington Post Fact Checker have noted, Tax Analysts, a publisher specializing in tax policy, has been collecting publicly available tax returns of presidential candidates and other top officials for its Tax History Project. This archive goes back as far as the 1913 tax returns of future president Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Here’s a look at what their current archive of the 2016 candidates looks like:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/Bn3zA_BYdilh3z-Ydi-yFaZskZ1Hyuut__z6LYRobp9SjBIljY5xZujpvEFBc7rSoIK6oKg_Iu1DCJxLq1Bek5wbbiK2rRA4GSkPjtKG-4frMVmZPtCuOc2IN84uHqxWt_KzGG39

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/oq9p-6LJ2EconhmgppJvAG-igHYFFbEhuHLMDzp7UKAuY-UM5h73J8hTHDN3diJt9EfbJawexkl4gd_UzJoiL6Ix57AUgrqMmQpOIzdMl8X2KLXcCNf_6QMIi5ckTL9vLr9bDAJt

He only released his 2014 tax returns, less than anybody but Trump who has refused to release his tax returns. If Trump doesn't release his, Hillary will have an edge on him, if he does, Hillary will probably have an edge on him.

revelette2

Fri 6 May, 2016 10:29 am
@Olivier5,
More than likely (I am not following anymore of Lash's links. The last few times, it has messed up my being able to post again right away...) anyway, Hillary will be running against Trump who has paid speeches as well. When Trump releases his tax returns which he has refused to do and when he releases his paid speeches, then it would be fair to ask Hillary to release her paid speeches which has never been asked of a candidate before, it is a new standard made just for her and it is unfair.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 6 May, 2016 10:35 am
@revelette2,
Because he hasn't profited under the table like the rest of them. He hasn't got a habit of releasing them because he's relatively poor and no one wants to see them.
revelette2

Fri 6 May, 2016 10:38 am
@Lash,
pathetic, it doesn't matter how profitable he is, he is a presidential candidate, he should get used to being transparent or quit talking of others not being transparent
Lash

Fri 6 May, 2016 10:42 am
@revelette2,
He did. You have no argument.
glitterbag

Fri 6 May, 2016 10:49 am
@revelette2,
This thread is so much more interesting since I added someone to my ignore list. Free at last, free at last.
0 Replies

engineer

Fri 6 May, 2016 11:26 am
@revelette2,
Trump is never, ever releasing his tax returns. To do so would be proof positive of just how mediocre a business man he is.
0 Replies