The Pro Hillary Thread

edgarblythe

Mon 2 May, 2016 11:24 am
It's not a smear when it is the truth. Smile
bobsal u1553115

Mon 2 May, 2016 11:25 am
@Sturgis,
She isn't going to take the nomination in the first ballot at this point. Its still a contested primary. Why do folks have such a hard time understanding that?
engineer

Mon 2 May, 2016 11:32 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The Democratic party has strong armed the primaries to the point where we are less of a democracy than some the countries we criticize.

So let's only look at the states where actual votes were taken. We'll just toss all those states where the caucus system is used since that clearly does not count the votes of all. Oops, that makes the Clinton wins even more dramatic. (By the way, It was Sanders who denigrated Southern party voters and implied their votes weren't important.)
0 Replies

revelette2

Mon 2 May, 2016 11:59 am
@edgarblythe,
It is a smear because it had nothing to do with this election cycle and you know it. They returned the stinking gifts, it could have simply been a mistake and some of the gifts were really theirs, but of course, if it is the Clinton it has to be nefarious according to you who thinks he is some judgmental prophet of Bernie Sanders preaching doom and gloom. No one could be as bad as you and Lash make out the Clinton's are. You guys must think more than half the democratic party are smarmy cheats.
0 Replies

revelette2

Mon 2 May, 2016 12:01 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
The primary election is not over yet. Hillary chances are looking good in most of the states left, she will have won by the time the convention gets here, in any case, even is she does not win the required number of delegates, there is no way Bernie is going to catch up with her and there is no way the super delegates are going to choose Bernie Sanders over Hillary so Bernie has lost.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 2 May, 2016 12:30 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Its still a contested primary. Why do folks have such a hard time understanding that?

stuff like this

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/a-sanders-comeback-would-be-unprecedented/

<big snip - go read it>

Quote:
After the early days of the campaign, no underdog has ever won the Democratic nomination. <snip>

The reason for this is pretty simple: Proportional allocation of delegates makes comebacks really, really hard. You can’t just notch wins in a string of states, as Sanders did in late March and early April. You have to start consistently trouncing your opponent by large margins in every contest. You need, well, a political revolution.

But what about Obama? Sanders supporters have compared their candidate’s current deficit to Obama’s in 2008, but at this point in that election Obama was actually winning by 143 pledged delegates — enough that Clinton, despite still holding a lead in superdelegates, was receiving pressure to drop out of the race. In fact, Obama was at no point in 2008 actually behind Clinton in pledged delegates. It’s just that the media usually included superdelegates in their counts in 2008, and the DNC has instructed them not to this time around. That’s because we’ve learned our lesson: Superdelegates can change their mind. Unfortunately for Sanders, pledged delegates can’t.

<snip>

Quote:
Why has Sanders opted to stay in the race this long? Without a window into his campaign headquarters, I can only speculate. I suspect the uncertainty on the Republican side has bled over to media coverage of the Democrats, giving everyone the impression that a Sanders nomination is more likely than it really is. Beyond that, Sanders could be trying to pull Clinton, the de facto nominee, further to the left (though she’s pretty dang liberal already). Maybe he feels less responsibility to hold the Democratic Party together than previous runner-ups, having only joined it recently. Or, he may really just believe that Clinton is an unacceptable nominee, and won’t concede the race to her.

<more snip ... go read it ... lots of links in the article>
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Mon 2 May, 2016 01:14 pm
People have asked me if Sanders will help out other Democrats with fund raising. Did they mean the way Hillary does it?
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/clinton-fundraising-leaves-little-for-state-parties-222670
engineer

Mon 2 May, 2016 01:16 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

She isn't going to take the nomination in the first ballot at this point. Its still a contested primary. Why do folks have such a hard time understanding that?

Because Sanders partisans keep saying how super delegates are bad and the DNC has directed people to not include them in delegate totals, so the average person has a hard time understanding why Sanders fans look to super delegates to say Clinton won't have a majority when she is killing it in the pledged delegate count.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 2 May, 2016 01:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
The links in that article are very useful. Best to look at the resources.
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 2 May, 2016 01:26 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

It will only be contested if Bernie chooses to remain in the race going into the convention.

My prediction...he stays in the primary all the way to California, he fails to even close the gap on the pledged delegate total that he's losing now, he drops out of the race before the convention (which takes place 6 weeks later) and pledges all of his support and delegates to Clinton, Clinton wins the primary on the first ballot (which includes super-delegates BTW).
0 Replies

RABEL222

Mon 2 May, 2016 02:25 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
you keep focusing on the messengers because you can't deal with the message...

What a bunch of meaningless bullshyt.
Olivier5

Tue 3 May, 2016 07:01 am
@RABEL222,
The more you whine about Lash, Ed or me, the more "butthurt" you look (to borrow a word from Snood).

While I can forgive Ed for being grumpy since his candidate is losing, you guys have no excuse. Your candidate is winning, as you keep saying here, and thus you should rejoice, smile and spread the love... Why the constant bitching instead? Did the sweet smell of success turn into poop stink somehow?
revelette2

Tue 3 May, 2016 07:36 am
@Olivier5,
Don't worry about it, if we don't mind looking butthurt, why should you mind?
revelette2

Tue 3 May, 2016 07:43 am
As for me, I keep going back forth into both camps of thinking Lash in sincere no matter how warped and thinking she is some kind of paid or volunteer operative of a revived operation chaos Limbaugh was talking about back in Jan.16, 2016.

reactivate” his 2008 “operation chaos,”

Quote:
Monday on his radio show, conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh suggested he may “reactivate” his 2008 “operation chaos,” in which he urged his listeners to participate in the Democratic Party’s presidential primary and vote for then-Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) against the eventual nominee, then-Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL), in order to prolong the Democratic Party’s primary contest.

In this case, Limbaugh said he would reactivate it in order that he could urge his listeners to vote against Clinton’s 2016 Democratic opponent, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT)

“This stuff is just continuing to mount here and Stephanopoulos is talking about Democratic primary devolving to a delegate count,” Limbaugh said. “That’s huge and Stephanopoulos admitting now this is going to take a long time. We may – folks, before this is all said and done, we may have to reactivate ‘operation chaos,’ but this time for Bernie depending on how the Democratic hierarchy seeks to treat him.”

Limbaugh said he was asked about reinstituting it for the GOP side of the presidential primary race, but dismissed that idea and instead explained why doing it for the Democratic side would be more appropriate.

“Bernie Sanders is not supposed to win these two states and he’s not supposed to be outraising Hillary,” he continued. “None of this is supposed to happen. And the effort by the drive-bys to make it look like casual ordinary everyday business in the Democrat party, believe me — it’s not that.”

0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 3 May, 2016 07:49 am
@revelette2,
Why should you mind if Lash still hopes for her candidate to win? Does that mess up your hairdo? Why can't you just ignore her?

Stop nagging her and Ed, and rejoice that your candidate is winning. Or you can keep oozing toxicity by every pore. Your choice.
revelette2

Tue 3 May, 2016 07:51 am
@Olivier5,
Thanks, Oliver, I will keep on oozing toxicity from every poor as long as Lash keeps up doing the same.
Olivier5

Tue 3 May, 2016 08:05 am
@revelette2,
By all means, allow her to spoil your victory.
edgarblythe

Tue 3 May, 2016 08:08 am
@Olivier5,
I bitch because of strong arm tactics and outright cheating to put Hillary where she is. On a level playing field, she would be checking groceries at a 7 Eleven.
revelette2

Tue 3 May, 2016 08:09 am
@Olivier5,
When the primary is over and Hillary is declared winner, then it will be time to dance a little before gearing up to defend her for the next four to eight years. Not really looking forward to that. Might find a better past time. I spend too much time doing this and sometimes it spills over and makes me irritable in real life...or just my blood pressure go up.
revelette2

Tue 3 May, 2016 08:14 am
@edgarblythe,
How do you imagine Hillary has gotten 504 endorsements from Senators, representatives and Governors either former or current if she is unqualified as you try to make her out to be? Bernie Sanders who has been a senator for a lot longer than Hillary by contrast has 13. They must know something you don't.

The Endorsement Primary
0 Replies