The Pro Hillary Thread

snood

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 07:14 pm
@Lash,
Lash, joefromchicago had the grace and class to invite himself off of this thread, because he saw it as a common courtesy to not show up on an expressly "pro" candidate thread just to gripe about that candidate.
I know I said negative things about Bernie on the Bernie thread. But you could look at this as a golden opportunity to show how much bigger and more principled than me you are, and just use all the other political threads for your Hillary dismantling.
Lash

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 08:52 pm
@snood,
Do as you say, not as you do? Nah.
snood

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 09:37 pm
@Lash,
Please proceed. You just appear more and more wretched and pitiful the more you keep beeyotching and whining, at this point.
Lash

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 10:09 pm
@snood,
I've neither bitched nor whined. You just can't bear divergent opinions. Grow a pair.
RABEL222

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 10:22 pm
@engineer,
Think Lash will vote for her? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

snood

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 10:25 pm
@Lash,
Yeah, that's it! The problem is not that you're an endlessly festering stew of negative Hillary hating dead weight. It's that people like me just can't stand differing opinions..... makes perfect sense.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 10:32 pm
@engineer,
Yep. Ronny Raygun made several movies about politics and ww2. As a type 2 movie actor he was eminently qualified to be president.
snood

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 10:43 pm
Let me see... Hillary, Obama, Liz Warren .... Hey, we've got a bench of Trump-Thumpers so deep that The Big Dawg, The Chief Explainer of **** - Bill Clinton is like FOURTH on the roster! And there seem to be more on the team everyday! I heard there's some guy named Bernie that's supposed to be a real firecracker who's joining any day now.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 05:32 am
Ready for another vacation?
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 05:33 am
@RABEL222,
He was actually well qualified.
revelette2

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 04:27 pm
@Lash,
Have you now decided to get your conservative clothes back on? You did say Ronald Reagan was well qualified for president didn't you?
Lash

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 09:01 pm
@revelette2,
He held the governorship of a massive state for two terms. I'm not sure if you think people you don't agree with are immediately unqualified- knowing how rabidly partisan you are, that's likely what's confusing you.

He was qualified. Period.
glitterbag

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 09:10 pm
@Lash,
No, he wasn't. He was an actor. He was seriously diminished the last part of his presidency. But he was charming, to his fans. Doesn't anyone remember Iran Contra?
snood

Fri 10 Jun, 2016 09:22 pm
@glitterbag,
Yeah, I remember Iran Contra. There was a reason he was called the Teflon president.

Here is the extent of all Reagan's political experience. I included his service as President of the Screen Writer's Guild and campaigner stints just to beef it up a little.

1947 President of the Screen Actors Guild
1953 Campaigned as a Democrat for Eisenhower
1955 Named Honorary Mayor of Thousand Oaks
1959 President of the Screen Actors Guild
1962 Campaigned for Richard Nixon as a Democrat for Nixon
1962 Changed his party registration to Republican
1964 Made televised speech for Barry Goldwater
1967 Inaugurated as Governor of California
1968 Unsuccessful candidacy for President
1970 Re-elected as Governor of California
1976 Unsuccessful run for Presidency
1980 Elected President
0 Replies

revelette2

Sat 11 Jun, 2016 05:33 am
@Lash,
If a poll was taken among leftist on Ronald Reagan presidency, it would be very low. Just saying.
RABEL222

Sat 11 Jun, 2016 03:02 pm
@glitterbag,
He was in the final stages of Alzheimer' for most of his last term. The trickle down jerk made most of the decisions. He was not qualified and under law should have been replaced.
ossobuco

Sat 11 Jun, 2016 04:41 pm
@RABEL222,
Ronald Reagan closed UCLA. Completely.

I went in, I had science timing to follow. The campus that I saw was deserted, but I only saw the most south of the southern part.

I knew one of the protesters but not anything else of worth via politics except that he might not have been afraid of me. I still like him a lot, in memory. He did say he was the only non marxist.

To summarize, I don't like attacks at universities, though I understand them.
I don't want them closed. They are by definition bastions of learning. Let discourse sing...
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 11 Jun, 2016 05:31 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

He was in the final stages of Alzheimer' for most of his last term. The trickle down jerk made most of the decisions. He was not qualified and under law should have been replaced.

That wasn't exactly a secret to the White House Situation Room.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 11 Jun, 2016 09:00 pm
Lash I study behavior and ask strange question at times as well as share strange things. I have a question for you, are you black or white and are you male or female?
Lash

Sat 11 Jun, 2016 09:01 pm
@revelette2,
Leftists is the plural of leftist.
I'm not sure what you think 'leftist' means.
The issue was qualification, not what he did once elected. You and your knitting circle can't seem to differentiate between the two. Tap a nap.