The Pro Hillary Thread

revelette2

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 09:53 am
@ehBeth,
I think you underestimate Bill Clinton he had his ups and downs but he was always interested in politics and a leftist, just a different angle than Hillary.

Bill Clinton: Life Before the Presidency

I also think despite his weakness in women, they love each other and together they make a powerful team. Moreover, for all the ugly things people have about the Clinton foundation, he does a lot of good around the world with it.
snood

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 09:55 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

snood wrote:
So Clinton is NOT well qualified to be president?

Quite. She is manifestly unqualified for president.

I realize, though, that this is a forum for Clinton supporters, of which I am decidedly not a member. I will, therefore, excuse myself from this thread. If you want to continue this conversation elsewhere, I suggest my thread on why I'll never vote for Clinton.

She'll do fine without your support.

How do you think her experience and qualifications line up against, say, a Republican icon , Reagan?
engineer

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 09:58 am
@ehBeth,
Is anyone going to vote for Laura Bush for President? I mean, she was married to a two term President after all. No? How about the late Nancy Reagan? Would anyone have voted for her? Didn't think so. Being married to a former President is likely a bigger problem than a benefit. Either way, Clinton has her own record to run on. If her vote on the Iraq war is a deal breaker for someone, then it is. Is she qualified to be President with eight years of Senate experience, four years of Sec. of State experience and over 100 overseas trips in support of US policy? Absolutely. Funny that those that say that Clinton is unqualified will then say they support someone like Trump or Stein, neither of which have any experience other than they didn't vote for the Iraq war.
engineer

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 09:59 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

How do you think her experience and qualifications line up against, say, a Republican icon , Reagan?

I think the question is how does her experience match up to Stein's.
revelette2

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 10:00 am
@engineer,
I think you are addressing the wrong poster. ehbeth from what I can understand seems to admire Hillary Clinton, it is her husband she does not seem to admire.
snood

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 10:07 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

snood wrote:

I think the question is how does her experience match up to Stein's.

Not if I'm directing my question to joefromchicago (which I was), who calls Hillary unqualified.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 10:09 am
@snood,
As I mentioned before, I am an interloper here, and I apologize for that. In fact, I've broken one of my own rules by going into a thread intended for supporters of someone I don't support. That was wrong and I regret that. If anyone wants my opinions of Hillary Clinton, there are a number of other threads available. This will, therefore, be my last post on this thread.
revelette2

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 10:17 am
@joefromchicago,
I think you are confusing qualifications with disagreeing with her decisions and connections. However it is your choice of course to chose not to come to this thread to debate it.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 11:52 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

You can't possibly believe that. Lots of people work hard and make relationships, but they aren't married to a former president.

Do you think he could have become President without her? I don't. She's not a cipher by any means.

And then, after spending eight years in the unpaid position of First Lady, she went on to become a senator and then Secretary of State. She wasn't just handed those positions because she's the former First Lady.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 11:56 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

If she were just Jane Schmoe, valedictorian of the Wellesley class of 1969, nobody would have ever heard of her.

That's one of the stupidest things you've ever said.

Who are you to say what someone's life would have been like, if only they made the choices you allow them?

What she MIGHT have done doesn't really have any relevance. What she DID do was pick another highly ambitious person, and both of them dove head first into political life.

0 Replies

DrewDad

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 12:09 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:
This will, therefore, be my last post on this thread.

lol.

I'll take that as, "I'm getting my ass handed to me, so I will try to make the most graceful retreat I can."

panzade

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 12:18 pm
@DrewDad,
Nah. JoeFrom is one of the most brilliant analytical minds on A2K.

I take it as Angry Old White Men reside on both sides of the aisle.
DrewDad

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 12:43 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Nah. JoeFrom is one of the most brilliant analytical minds on A2K.

You couldn't tell by his participation, lately.
0 Replies

lmur

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 12:53 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

I think you are addressing the wrong poster. ehbeth from what I can understand seems to admire Hillary Clinton, it is her husband she does not seem to admire.

Made me chuckle (ok, I know you mean Bill).
0 Replies

revelette2

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 01:08 pm
@engineer,
I think back in the day she was trying implement universal healthcare, people knew there more to her than being a first lady, she was actually involved in policies even then.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 01:37 pm
http://www.people.com/article/hillary-clinton-1969-wellesley-commencement-address

Quote:
Clinton, a political science major (go figure!) who graduated with honors, was the first-ever student speaker at the school's commencement.

Her introduction by the college's then-president, Ruth Adams, makes it clear that Clinton was well respected among her peers and by the college's faculty.

"There was no debate, as far as I could ascertain, as to who their spokesman would be," Adams says of the selection process for the commencement's student speaker. And before turning over the lectern to the young Ms. Rodham on that May morning in 1969, Adams went on to observe: "She is also cheerful, good-humored, good company and a good friend to all of us."

Clinton's selection as her class' student commencement speaker earned her quite a bit of publicity at the time, too – and this was way before her years in either the Arkansas Governor's Mansion or the White House. She was the focus of a profile in Life magazine back in 1969.

http://time.com/3502935/life-with-hillary-portraits-of-a-wellesley-grad-1969/
reasoning logic

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 04:46 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Clinton, a political science major (go figure!) who graduated with honors

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Fitrakis

Do you think Hillary is more qualified than Bob Fitrakis?

Being a political science major one might think she should know better.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 06:18 pm
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 06:33 pm
@revelette2,
A leftist. Incorrect to a devastating degree.
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 9 Jun, 2016 06:41 pm
@snood,
Reagan had significant administrative experience as governor. Senate experience - and what, one term? Two? - lacks a lot of the executive experience required to operate a position like president.

She does have a couple of years experience as SOS, during which she showed the world that she gets a bit turned on by killing. She likes the war machine, or at least that's what her experience clearly shows.