The Pro Hillary Thread

Lilkanyon

Sat 28 May, 2016 12:06 am
@Lilkanyon,
Lilkanyon wrote:

reasoning logic wrote:

Both Trump and Hillary seem equally interested in bettering our society, That is why I support Bernie.

Ahahahahahahahahah! Too funny!

Oh cummon! Did you not see the irony in that statement at all? Thats ******* hilarious!
0 Replies

snood

Fri 3 Jun, 2016 04:48 am
I was proud of Hillary Clinton yesterday. Did you see that speech? I don't know what happened, but she finally focused and got it all out about why Donald Trump would be wrong for this country, why he would be dangerous, the ways in which he is deficient...it was a devastating takedown of the orange buffoon. Some of the lines, like "Trump thinks he has foreign policy experience because he did the Miss Universe Pageant in Russia", "It's not hard to imagine Trump taking us to war just because someone got under his very.thin.skin." "Imagine this man making life and death decisions about your spouse or child." "Imagine if he didn't just have his Twitter account at his disposal, but our entire military arsenal."

If you didn't see it, maybe youtube it and just watch a couple of minutes. I think you'll see if you're openminded that this was not boilerplate Hillary. This was Hillary saying "I am running for President of the United States, and my opponent is a clown in a red cap." Even some hard right-wingers were giving her some Twitter love. You go, Hillary!!
Brand X

Fri 3 Jun, 2016 05:26 am
Don't know who wrote it...but she delivered it very effectively. This is me giving her credit.
snood

Fri 3 Jun, 2016 05:32 am
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:

Don't know who wrote it...but she delivered it very effectively. This is me giving her credit.

That had to hurt. 'Preciate it.
0 Replies

engineer

Fri 3 Jun, 2016 06:26 am
@snood,
Synopsis of the best lines from Clinton: http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/02/politics/hillary-clinton-attack-lines-donald-trump-foreign-policy/
0 Replies

snood

Fri 3 Jun, 2016 06:58 pm
(posting this on the Bernie's In thread also)
Hillary has been dishonest about some things. No doubt about that. I happen to think it's ludicrous to try to make that the defining aspect of her life and character. That's kind of the sticking point for me. I think it's very possible to take Hillary as a whole - not ignore the negatives - and come to the conclusion she'd be an effective president who could move the progressive agenda forward.

Hell, I cringe when I hear about how she lied about being in the line of sniper fire in Bosnia when she wasn't. She said she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary and she wasn't. She said she tried to join the marines, and she didn't. She has danced around the truth a lot to try to enhance her image, and I think she's probably got some things on her Goldman Sachs transcripts that she would be ashamed to see go public.

But I also believe that her heart is in the right place about a myriad of issues, and that her record bears that out. You don't work as long and hard for causes like children's and women's healthcare as Hillary has just for shits and grins, or for nefarious reasons. You don't vote on the right side of 90+% of the issues if it's not part of who you are as a legislator and a person. You can't face down a rabid Benghazi committee for 11 hours on national tv, and keep your cool, and stay after to shake everyone's hand - if you have a weak character. You don't fight like a feral cat to get your parties nomination, lose, then publicly give full throated endorsement and months of high profile support to your opponent if you are a person of weak, or low character. That is what fight looks like. That is what persistence looks like. She is the most knowledgeable, has the most useful and powerful allies, has experienced the most political warfare and is simply the best qualified person running for president, all things considered.

Okay, that got said.
I now return you to the 24 hour a day, 7 day a week, 365 day a year harangue trying to convince you that she's the devil and will take us all to hell.
reasoning logic

Fri 3 Jun, 2016 07:13 pm
@snood,
Quote:
I now return you to the 24 hour a day, 7 day a week, 365 day a year harangue trying to convince you that she's the devil and will take us all to hell.

Deja vu?
snood

Fri 3 Jun, 2016 07:20 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:

Deja vu?

I don't know what you mean?? Smile
(actually I did do a little disclaimer that said I was posting this twice)
reasoning logic

Fri 3 Jun, 2016 07:22 pm
@snood,
I was just joking.
snood

Fri 3 Jun, 2016 07:40 pm
@reasoning logic,
I know
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 4 Jun, 2016 09:02 am
Pro Hillary?

RABEL222

Sat 4 Jun, 2016 10:11 pm
@reasoning logic,
Still watching republican propaganda?
0 Replies

Blickers

Sat 4 Jun, 2016 11:11 pm
@snood,
Quote snood:
Quote:
I was proud of Hillary Clinton yesterday. Did you see that speech? I don't know what happened, but she finally focused and got it all out about why Donald Trump would be wrong for this country, why he would be dangerous, the ways in which he is deficient...it was a devastating takedown of the orange buffoon.

It certainly was. She just tore Trump a new one. His responses on Twitter came out so lame and inadequate, like Marco Rubio when Trump went after him. Rubio never learned how to handle Trump, and it looks like Trump might never learn how to handle Hillary.
snood

Sun 5 Jun, 2016 05:39 pm
@Blickers,
If she just let's his taunts roll off her, keeps ridiculing him and using his own words and actual information about foreign and domestic policies about which he is woefully ignorant, I think she'll be fine.
0 Replies

revelette2

Mon 6 Jun, 2016 11:05 am
Obama Is Eager to Hit the Stump for Hillary Clinton and Shred Donald Trump

Quote:
WASHINGTON — President Obama, after months of sitting on the sidelines of the rancorous contest to succeed him, is now ready to aggressively campaign for Hillary Clinton, starting with a formal endorsement of her candidacy as early as this week.

The White House is in active conversations with Mrs. Clinton’s campaign about how and where the president would be useful to her, according to senior aides to Mr. Obama.

Advisers say that the president, who sees a Democratic successor as critical to his legacy, is impatient to begin campaigning. They say he is taking nothing for granted.

“I want us to run scared the whole time,” Mr. Obama told a group of donors on Friday night in Miami.

It has been decades since a second-term president enjoyed the popularity to make him a potent force on the campaign trail and also an invitation from the candidate running to succeed him to be a major presence there.

Mr. Obama’s approval rating was at 50 percent in this month’s New York Times/CBS poll, and strategists close to Mrs. Clinton said they would be eager to have his participation as the general election unfolds. (In contrast, President George W. Bush’s approval rating was at 20 percent in a Gallup poll just before the November 2008 election, and he rarely appeared that year with Senator John McCain of Arizona, the Republican nominee.)

Mr. Obama is particularly enthusiastic, aides said, about taking on Mr. Trump. The Republican candidate has personally offended the president with his conduct on the campaign trail — Mr. Trump referred to a black supporter on Friday in one of his crowds as “my African-American” — and as the most visible champion of the “birther” conspiracy theories that falsely hold that Mr. Obama was born in Kenya rather than Hawaii.

The rest at the source.
0 Replies

revelette2

Tue 7 Jun, 2016 01:05 pm
It’s Almost Over: A Guide To The Final Primaries

Quote:
The primary season started in cold, snowy Iowa and New Hampshire, and it essentially ends in sunny California.1 Today, six caucuses and primaries take place — the final super Tuesday of the year before the general election.

Although The Associated Press declared Hillary Clinton the presumptive Democratic nominee Monday night, based on her winning a majority of pledged delegates and superdelegates combined, Clinton will almost certainly clinch a majority of pledged delegates tonight. That’s important because it will indicate that she wasn’t just the choice of superdelegates; she also won millions more votes than Bernie Sanders. Clinton has 1,811 pledged delegates,2 just 215 short of the 2,026 necessary to reach a majority. She needs to win only 31 percent of the delegates up for grabs today to cross that threshold. Here’s a state-by-state look at Clinton’s and Sanders’s

New Jersey primary

Polls close: 8 p.m. EDT
126 delegates at stake
Open to independent3 voters

Surprisingly little ink has been spilled over the state with the ninth-largest delegate prize of all the caucuses and primaries in the nomination process. That’s because California is hogging much of the spotlight, but also because New Jersey just hasn’t been that competitive. Clinton has won the states surrounding New Jersey by no less than 12 percentage points. She leads the FiveThirtyEight polling average in New Jersey by 27 percentage points.

New Jersey’s Democratic electorate is diverse, and its white population is wealthy, and Clinton has done exceedingly well among black voters and wealthy white voters in the primary so far. African-Americans made up 23 percent of New Jersey primary voters in 2008, compared with 19 percent nationwide. Whites making more than $100,000 made up about 40 percent of white voters in 2008, while they were just 28 percent of white voters nationwide.4

Overall, my colleague Nate Silver’s demographic model5 has Clinton winning the race by 11.1 percentage points. If that holds, she’ll win about 70 delegates to Sanders’s 56 in the state.

New Mexico primary

Polls close: 9 p.m. EDT
34 delegates at stake
Closed to independent voters

If Clinton does well with Latinos (as we expect her to), then she’s going to do very well in New Mexico, though few delegates are at stake. Thirty-five percent of Democratic primary voters in the state were Latino in 2008, which was higher than in any other contest outside Puerto Rico. Indeed, the only state that came close was neighboring Texas, at 32 percent. Clinton cruised in Texas this year in part because she won Latino voters by 42 percentage points. She’s also likely to benefit from New Mexico’s closed primary, which does not allow independents to participate.

Nate’s demographic model has Clinton winning the state by 19.5 percentage points.6 That’s slightly less than her margin in a recent BWD Global poll, which had her ahead by 26 percentage points. A 19.5 percentage point victory would allow Clinton to earn about 20 delegates to Sanders’s 14 in New Mexico.

North Dakota caucuses

Doors close: 9 p.m. EDT
18 delegates at stake
Open to independent voters

You can’t draw up a better state for Sanders than this one. Just 5 percent of the state’s population is black or Latino; it’s not a primary but a caucus, where Sanders does quite well; and to top it off, independent voters are allowed to participate. The only real question is the margin of Sanders’s victory.

Nate’s demographic model has Sanders winning the caucus by 38.6 percentage points, which would be his largest margin in any contest since late March.

The bad news for Sanders is that so few delegates are at stake. Just eight other caucuses and primaries, out of 57, have fewer elected delegates than North Dakota. Even if Sanders beats Clinton by 38.6 points, he’ll probably win only about 12 delegates to Clinton’s six.

South Dakota primary

Polls close: 9 p.m. EDT
20 delegates at stake

Another state with few black and Latino voters that allows independents to participate in the contest? Check. The only big demographic difference between the Dakotas is that South Dakota is 9 percent American Indian, compared with 5 percent in North Dakota. These states could give us some insight into which candidate American Indians prefer in the Democratic primary.

Aside from that, the ethnic and racial makeups are mostly similar, and the Dakotas generally vote very similarly in presidential elections. Therefore, the states give us a test of the impact of having a caucus versus a primary this year. Eight years ago, when the then-closed7 South Dakota primary was held four months after the North Dakota open caucuses, the difference between the two was remarkable. Clinton won South Dakota by 11 percentage points and lost North Dakota by 25 percentage points.

Nate’s demographic model doesn’t expect a margin that wide this year. It predicts that Sanders will take South Dakota by 18.8 percentage points, which would get him 12 delegates to Clinton’s eight. I should note that a Targeted Persuasion survey taken at the end of May had Clinton up 50 percent to 47 percent, so maybe she’ll outperform demographic expectations.

Montana primary

Polls close: 10 p.m. EDT
21 delegates

Nate’s demographic model has Sanders winning Montana by 19 percentage points, nearly the same margin as in South Dakota. Sanders has won all the states around Montana by at least 10 percentage points. Eight years ago, Clinton, who generally has performed at or around her 2008 levels in the interior West into the Great Plains, lost the state by 16 percentage points.

But Sanders’s victories in those states (he averaged 66 percent of the vote among Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Nebraska, Utah and Wyoming) have netted him only 68 more delegates than Clinton. Compare that with the highly populated state of Florida, where Clinton won 64 percent of the vote and picked up an identical 68 more delegates than Sanders.

In Montana, Sanders will encounter the same issue, probably taking only about 12 delegates to Clinton’s nine.
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 8 Jun, 2016 09:54 am
http://img2-1.timeinc.net/people/i/2016/news/160620/hillary-clinton-00-600.jpg

"To every little girl who dreams big: Yes, you can be anything you want – even president. Tonight is for you," Clinton captioned the photo.

source
panzade

Wed 8 Jun, 2016 01:07 pm
@revelette2,
A thrilling moment for our country.
Never mind the photo-op propaganda.
revelette2

Wed 8 Jun, 2016 02:43 pm
@panzade,
Perhaps, I am a sucker for babies and I just thought it darn cute.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 8 Jun, 2016 03:52 pm
Yeah, I thought it felt a little phony and staged. But it didn't affect my opinion that Hillary could still be an inspiration for the hopes and dreams of women in America.from now on. She has always seemed plastic and stilted and has always come off as too rehearsed and this ad was a good example of that. But her candidacy is bigger than just her -just like Obama's was bigger than him.