The Pro Hillary Thread

revelette2

Tue 24 May, 2016 07:05 am
One thing people if they were honest would have to admit, Clinton may not make headlines with crowds or making provoking comments but she does keep her nose to the grindstone and continues to target her audience with those she needs to win in November. I think she is ignoring Sanders and focusing much of her time with Trump.

Clinton woos union crowd in Detroit stop

Quote:
DETROIT — Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton promised to stand with the large Service Employees International Union if elected president, and pleaded with members to help her defeat Republican Donald Trump in a speech Monday in the Cobo Center.

The more than 3,000 SEIU delegates are attending the 2016 International Convention in Detroit.

Mrs. Clinton noted the work that SEIU members have done for her since the 1.2-million-person union endorsed her in November, and pleaded with them to help her prevent Mr. Trump from becoming president.

“Trump economics is a recipe for lower wages, fewer jobs, higher debt. He could bankrupt America like he’s bankrupted his companies,” Mrs. Clinton said.

Mrs. Clinton said the White House should be a “bully pulpit” for working families, “but the last thing we need is a bully in the pulpit.”

“We are going to defend the right to organize, protect collective bargaining. Let’s make the jobs of the future good union jobs that can’t be outsourced. Right to work is wrong for workers and wrong for America,” she said.

“Every worker in America deserves a fair wage and a voice on the job,” she said.

“I am proud to stand with SEIU and workers across America organizing the fight for 15 dollars [an hour] and a union,” she said.

Mrs. Clinton contrasted her policies as being pro-family against those of Mr. Trump.

“You’re not just fighting for your members. You’re fighting for all working families. I know that strong families are the backbone of our economy and our country,” she said.

The rest at the source.

snood

Tue 24 May, 2016 08:31 am
@revelette2,
A lot of good Hillary does gets taken for granted, like how she is always talking about issues and always does her homework. I actually think her greatest weapon against trump if she is wonkily(that a word?) harping on policy - forcing Trump to reveal over and over his abysmal ignorance.
Blickers

Tue 24 May, 2016 12:51 pm
@snood,
Or Trump's wheeler-dealer character. For instance, Trump has said more than once that the NATO alliance is too expensive for the US to bother with, that we should just let our NATO allies have nuclear weapons and defend themselves against such powers as Russia and China. He also has praised Russia's role in Syria and claims to know Putin well, having dealt with him on business deals. Since the dissolution of NATO is Putin's fondest wish-paid Russian trolls on YouTube and other social media are now promoting that idea-we can only guess what juicy deals Putin and Trump have cooked up to take place once Trump gets to the White House. Dissolve NATO in exchange for Trump's family getting the permission to build a Trump Tower in Moscow?

Does anyone think Trump would turn that deal down?
snood

Tue 24 May, 2016 03:12 pm
@Blickers,
Or his absolute MASTERY of the flip-flop. Today I heard a guy on MSNBC who'd been doing research through news archives about Trump saying literally everything -everything that Trump says today, he's been able to search through the archives and find him directly contradicting himself.
0 Replies

Brand X

Wed 25 May, 2016 06:14 am
Warren is becoming the loudest, and maybe most effective, mouthpiece Hillary has in attacking Trump. But her attack on Trump for wanting to buy real estate in a depressed market is just rich.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/02/records-prof-profited-by-buying-selling-homes_n_1564820.html

I post this in this thread because Warren is rah-rah pro Hillary.
snood

Wed 25 May, 2016 06:32 am
@Brand X,
I've got a thing about Elizabeth Warren. But, (ahem) yes - she is fierce and effective as a Trump hunter/killer for the Hillary camp.
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 25 May, 2016 08:41 am
@Brand X,
I can't stand the guy, but what is wrong with buying homes in a depressed market of which I am not sure there is one. Heard something about the housing stock rallying.

The housing stock rally may not be over

Brand X

Wed 25 May, 2016 08:45 am
@revelette2,
We're talking 2007-2008 here, the crash. Trump made his comments then, Warren is addressing them now.
revelette2

Wed 25 May, 2016 08:48 am
Clinton thinks she knows how to take on Trump. Will it work?

Quote:
Plotting a general election strategy against Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton’s advisers joke that their challenge feels like Lucille Ball’s in the famed chocolate factory episode of “I Love Lucy.”

As truffles fly down a conveyor belt, Lucy frantically tries to wrap each one before they pass. Falling behind, she stuffs some under her hat, down her blouse and in her mouth. For the Clinton campaign, the conveyor belt is Trump’s mouth and Twitter feed — and the chocolates are his inflammatory statements.

In the three weeks since the celebrity mogul became the Republican Party’s presumptive presidential nominee, Clinton and her sprawling bureaucracy of a campaign have struggled to keep pace with Trump’s unremitting medley of savage attacks, unorthodox policy pronouncements and casual misstatements.

Clinton advisers are trying to stitch together an overall narrative that they are confident will destroy Trump, but they are still experimenting with tone and tactics as they seek an effective equilibrium. And even as they launched their first big effort this week, Trump’s response to it stole some of their thunder — illustrating vividly that breaking through his barrage of attention-getting words will not be easy.

Clinton’s aides say they have settled on the big story they want to tell about Trump: He is a business fraud who has cheated working people for his own gain, and his ideas, temperament and moves to marginalize people by race, gender and creed make him simply unacceptable as commander in chief.

Our thesis is that this isn’t just a difference in world views akin to, say, a policy debate between John McCain and Barack Obama in 2008. This is somebody who’s uniquely dangerous and disqualified,” said Brian Fallon, Clinton’s national press secretary.

On Tuesday, the likely Democratic nominee and her allies opened a coordinated and methodical assault on Trump, starting with reviving his past comments that he had hoped to profit off a housing crisis that devastated millions of families. Other lines of attack will follow.

source

Oh, now I see, it is was his callous attitude hoping to profit off the loss of people loosing their homes. Like he was glad there was a housing crises just so he could profit off of it.
revelette2

Wed 25 May, 2016 08:50 am
@Brand X,
Yeah, I see that, had I read your article or the one I had waiting in abeyance I would have known. Embarrassed
0 Replies

snood

Wed 25 May, 2016 08:50 am
@revelette2,
What Clinton and Warren are contending is "wrong" with that, is that Trump didn't seem to notice or care that he would be profiting from the misery of others.
maporsche

Wed 25 May, 2016 08:52 am
@snood,
Right, which is meant to draw ire from the 'working class' people that support him.
revelette2

Wed 25 May, 2016 08:55 am
@maporsche,
I doubt it will work for the more dedicated Trump lovers, I mean most of these people have voted republican for years even though a good many of them probably receive some sort of government assistance. There is a weird disconnect there. It might work on Sander's supporters. (some of them)
0 Replies

snood

Wed 25 May, 2016 09:08 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Right, which is meant to draw ire from the 'working class' people that support him.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Both sides can really only reach the already converted, so I guess it's all done for impressive sound bytes.
0 Replies

Blickers

Wed 25 May, 2016 09:12 am
The houses were already foreclosed and on the market when Warren's family bought them. Warren didn't go on record wishing for a housing crisis so that she can have a better choice of foreclosed homes to buy.
snood

Wed 25 May, 2016 09:47 am
@Blickers,
You mean Trump right?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 25 May, 2016 11:01 am
@maporsche,
I know exactly six of those, but is the other three are as good, I think she's got nine good VPs though we really need to keep Franken, Warren and Sanders in the Senate.

Sherrod Brown is a great choice and his wife is very good speaker on the issues I've heard her discuss. I don't know much about Tulsi Gabbard, but what I remember is I was impressed.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 25 May, 2016 11:04 am
@revelette2,
Like Gomer Pyle once said, "Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!"

Did you hear about James O'Keefe's latest attempted ambush?
Blickers

Wed 25 May, 2016 12:04 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
No. What happened, did he get his fur coat caught in an Africanized bee's nest?
bobsal u1553115

Wed 25 May, 2016 12:40 pm
@Blickers,
James OKeefe tries to sting George Soros, forgets to hang up phone, ends up stinging himself.

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/733397482563047426

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ci2NH81VEAQ8c9p.jpg