insecure and confused. three some advice

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2016 07:14 pm
This is going to be long but I want to give back story. Here goes.... Ok, so my husband and I have been together since 2009. I was 16 and he was getting ready to be 17. We.are now 22 and 23. When we first got together, trust was really strong between us and we discussed having a mff three some. I wasn't sure who to do one with because I was new to the area and we looked around but he didn't really offer up any suggestions, I guess you could say he was leaving the picking out to me... well as we stayed together longer, we fell in love and I became uncomfortable with the idea of a three some. I guess you could say the thought made me jealous. So we took it off the table. Over the years we have broken up on and off, due to many reasons. Mostly trust issues or him.talking to another girl through messages when we would fight and me finding out about it...no longer than two weeks broken up and we still talked to each other the entire time. until 2012. That was the last time he left... after that we never separated again. We got married in November of 2013. We have not broken up or separated since then, and.we. have two going on three children (I am pregnant) . I still have trust issues with him from time to time over the past but I am trying and have been for a long time to move past them. And he has been trying so hard to prove his faithfulness to me and to do right by myself and our children. Recently I have been thinking about having a three some again. I brought it up to my husband on a road trip and tried to explain how I felt about it... to the point I was in tears. I'm really conflicted because I want to do one but I have so many doubts an insecurities about it. It bothers me because I want to move on with my life from the past and take our relationship to the next level. I got upset and told him he didn't understand how I felt and he told me he does because he feels the same about a mfm three some with me (which I have not asked for btw) . He told me he would be worried about having a mfm because he is afraid I'd leave him for the other guy, but he wouldn't explain further he said he didn't know how other than he doesn't like the idea of me with another guy (he is bad with words) I'm assuming he meant he's worried I'll like the other guy more and prefer him over my husband. Which is one big issue I'm.concerned about. I know my husband wants a mff three some. He tried to convince me he doesn't any more but I can tell he does and is trying to spare my feelings. He even admitted he would love to see me with another girl, that he would just stay out of the action. So I know he is trying to spare my feelings. The problem I'm having is I really want to have one but im scared it's going to ruin the relationship, or that he is going to realize he prefers another woman over me and go find someone else to be with or leave me. I even kind of want him to **** another girl! Which is part of why I am so confused. Its scary for me, because I am so afraid he will think since I let him do it once that it's ok to **** other girls all the time. Or that he will leave me for another Girl. But the thought of watching him with someone else makes me extremely jealous and turned on at the same time. I want to do a three some for my own reasons, but I want him and the other female to have a good time too. But there is so much I'm worried about. What if he gets her pregnant (I have gotten pregnant using condoms combined with birth control by him, SIX times, so I know he is very fertile). What if she is tighter than me and he prefers her? What if she is better in bed? What if he prefers her hot body to my muffin top and stretch marks (I've had c sections every time) . I don't know what to do.. I want one so bad recently I don't know if it's my hormones or wanting to please him and make him happy, Idk I just do to the point it makes me upset. He has not asked or tried to pressure me into one since I dropped it years ago. It is just a fantasy I have always had and I know he has too. I feel like I'm letting my thoughts and feelings get in the way of something that could be so fun and sexy and exciting for us. What do I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 920 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Glennn

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2016 08:40 pm
@mistybby,
A long time ago a friend who was into the open marriage thing tried to convince me to join in the fun. He threw all the logical arguments at me. He asked me if fear was what caused me to shy away from extramarital sex. He asked if I was afraid that my wife would enjoy another man more than she enjoyed me. He even equated my reluctance to share my wife's sexuality with others with an ownership complex. In the end, I determined that it wasn't for me. I told him that it was something that just didn't fit into my life objectives. He suggested that I was just a victim of social convention and tradition, and that I was actually afraid of being compared to others. Then he said that if the security of my relationship with my wife rests on whether or not she has sex with someone else, then it was doomed from the start.

Many years later when I was able to think more clearly about life, I went at him like he went at me. I suggested to him that his desire to have an open marriage was a manifestation of his inability to find more depth in his relationship with his wife. I told him that his desire to have sexual relations with other women was his way of declaring that he had reached the depth of intimacy with his wife, and so, with no where to go from there, he decided to start from the beginning again, restarting the process of sexual discovery so that he could experience that initial excitement over and over again. He fell back on the old tried and true phrase: familiarity breeds boredom. I told him that boredom has nothing to do with what you are familiar with, but rather with how you perceive what you are familiar with. We ended our conversation with me saying that many shallow wadings does not a deep dive make.

This is just my opinion which is based on my experience. It is not a judgement. I might have it all wrong. Perhaps it is natural to have it all, but it just doesn't feel that way for me.
mistybby

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2016 08:48 pm
@Glennn,
I am confused as to what you are trying to say? It sounds like a riddle to me to be honest. I love my husband and we have great sex together. I am not bored with it. I just honestly have always wanted to try a three some and I know he has, too. But my feelings got in the way.
Glennn

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2016 09:02 pm
@mistybby,
I'm sorry that what I have said does not make sense to you. However, what you are saying is confusing to me. You say you have great sex. You say you've always wanted to try a threesome. And then you say that your feelings get in the way. Explain.
mistybby

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2016 09:11 pm
@Glennn,
I thought I had explained in my initial post... we have great sex, we REalLY do. I don't want to have a three some because the sex is bad, because it.is not. We had.discussed doing.it before when we first got.together and then when I came to love him, I didn't want to share over jealousy. There are also some trust issues we have that I've been trying to overcome... I have recently come to want to.do.it again and I'm just not.sure. if I should.or how to set my feelings aside so that we are able to.. I don't know how to further explain myself, besides to.ask you to Reread the initial l
Post... I am a female wanting to further explore my sexuality with another female with my husband present... make any more sense at all?
Glennn

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2016 09:19 pm
@mistybby,
Honestly it sounds to me like you're having conflicting feelings concerning this issue, and that you're not ready to jump into anything. If you're having conflicting feelings right now, do you imagine that your concerns and doubts will lessen if you go through with this?
mistybby

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2016 09:21 pm
@Glennn,
I have no idea that's why I was asking for advice... I don't want to regret it if I do it. But I don't want to wonder what would happen if I did..

Glennn

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2016 09:28 pm
@mistybby,
You don't want to regret it, and you also don't want to have to wonder what would happen if you did it. So you are torn. The fact is that you cannot know whether or not you will regret it unless you do it. My advice is that you should consider what is at stake here, and then ask yourself if it is worth the risk.
mistybby

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2016 10:24 pm
@Glennn,
Thank you that is very good advice. I will do that.
0 Replies