Am I a control freak? Isn't using the word "independece" an excuse?

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2019 07:42 am
In a loving committed relationship. My gf met this guy only for a week at work and the guy finished his contract and left the company that week. he asked her out for a beer only the two of them as it was his last day at work. gf said ok as i was not in town. two weeks later it s her birthday and the guy asks her out again to give her BD gift. she said that yea he s been texting her every day. when i tell her i m not comfortable she says He's only a colleague! (well, read only 7 days in the same company) i m an independent woman and you can t control who i see. you should trust me. if he has other intentions i will stop seeing him. the question is: i have never told her to stop seeing anyone of other male friends before. what the F is she thinking the intention is?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 2,056 • Replies: 10
No top replies

chai2

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2019 08:49 am
@Robertino1988,
Ask if the next time the 2 of them get together, you could come along. Say if he gets along so well with her, you at least have that much in common with him, and may get to be friends too.
0 Replies

Jewels Vern

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2019 01:06 pm
@Robertino1988,
If she claims to be an independent woman then that is the extent of your relationship. You are not "significant other". You are "friend zoned".
Medusax

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2019 01:23 pm
@Jewels Vern,
Exactly.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2019 07:46 am
@Robertino1988,
Robertino1988 wrote:

what the F is she thinking the intention is?

There are literally ZERO mind readers here at a2k. Ask her. If you believe her? Than you believe her. If you don't? End the relationship. We can't help you with these unanswerable questions. You're going to have to run the math on your own.
Tryagain

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2019 08:57 am
@tsarstepan,
Tzar, I knew you were gonna say that because … Say what! You think I’ma know account Redneck – well, let me tell ya that my trailer is on a perceptible incline from discernable angles, so I prefer to be vilified as a Hillbilly.

Answering Questions about Unanswered Questions will surely lead to a Stack Overflow. Are you suggesting, If you have an EnumeratorT and a corresponding IterateeT you can run them together: val en: EnumeratorT[String, Task] = EnumeratorT.enumList(List("a", "b", "c")) val it: IterateeT[String, Task, Int] = ...

What then is independence, unless it is the power to live as one wishes.

Thank y’all for your cooperation in this matter.
laughoutlood

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2019 01:23 am
@Tryagain,
Quote:
ZERO mind readers here at a2k

As the doyen zero-mind-reader here, all too able to indiscern the indiscernible, and know when to nibble without quibble, I offer this drivel upon dribble.

You should try again to convey to her your concern about her rampant coquettishness, in song, preferably baritone.

If you go away on this bummer's say
Then you might as well make the new boy's day
He's a turd that flew and got in your eye
When your love's so new that his soul must fry
It's the day to fight for the right and wrong
While the blood moon's bright and your will is strong

Do not go away, do not go away, do not go away, do not go away

And if you stay then make her today
Like no day has been or will be again
Go sail in the sun and ride on the rain
Just talk to the trees and worship the wind
Then if she goes you'll understand
There wasn't enough love to fill up your hand

If you go away, if you go away, if you go away, if you go away
Tryagain

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2019 09:47 am
@laughoutlood,
Gday LOL, as a self proclaimed Feng Shui disciple and practicing atelophobia with side affects of catagelophobia, may the good fairy sprinkle stardust on your bippy, but it was not an egregiously erroneous classification to say that pangolin scales are thought to be the world's most trafficked mammal.

However, to suggest that the universe is expanding exponentially in order to accommodate reports of CI’s vacation destinations is pushing the boundaries of credulity and pure hyperbole.

I reiterate that I have never been to Spain… Well I never been to heaven, but I been to Oklahoma, Well they tell me I was born there, but I really don’t remember… Say the ladies are insane there And they sure know how to use it

laughoutlood

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2019 05:30 pm
@Tryagain,
Hiya & higher Trysssy.

When I'm up against the wall, with a fear of floors, and of being put down, you're the one I want in my corner, instead.

Hope you enjoy a perfect and pure superbowl surrounding the hyperbole this weekend, assuming you have 4 hours spare to watch 60 minutes of some on the most scintillating throwball going around.

Thanks for expanding upon the infinite staycation in the vacuity of my space and time and long may it continuum.

Quote:
Isn't using the word "independece" an excuse?

Yes, ad it's not much of an exuse either.

(I'd thumb you back up to 1 but then it would look like I did nothing and thumbing you down to -1 would be too funny, so not me.)

0 Replies

Medusax

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2019 08:09 pm
@Robertino1988,
I currently have, and have had a great many "colleagues". NONE of them have ever bought me any sort of gift. I don't tell people when my birthday is. And..it was "ok" since you were gone? Does this really require thought?
Miss L Toad

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2019 01:33 am
@Medusax,
Yes, I thought so.
0 Replies