Marriage is a joke

Montana

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 10:32 am
No cat deserves that either ;-)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 10:52 am
capsaddy wrote:
I don't mean to sound cruel but i think what joeLA was looking for was a brainless, spineless, bimbo. Those women who barely exist anymore with exception of Paris Hilton and a few others. I'm sorry but i think you guys were way to nice to him. What he said was just down right disgusting and degrating. He wants a woman to say "how high" when he says "jump". He's just like every other sexist man that cant get over the fact that women can actually make their own money and think for themselves. Everyone else forgive me, this is just my opinion... actually I think he should buy a cat.. maybe 100.. and move into the middle of no where and just be alone... THAT'S my opinion.

I for one, was just holding my tongue. :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 10:57 am
I was holding mine as well ;-)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 11:10 am
capsaddy wrote:
I don't mean to sound cruel but i think what joeLA was looking for was a brainless, spineless, bimbo. Those women who barely exist anymore with exception of Paris Hilton and a few others. I'm sorry but i think you guys were way to nice to him. What he said was just down right disgusting and degrating. He wants a woman to say "how high" when he says "jump". He's just like every other sexist man that cant get over the fact that women can actually make their own money and think for themselves. Everyone else forgive me, this is just my opinion... actually I think he should buy a cat.. maybe 100.. and move into the middle of no where and just be alone... THAT'S my opinion.

...and that is why I live alone with my cat.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 11:15 am
Why is everyone dumping on this guy. His wife left him. He has a right to be pissed off. Just because he's letting his honest feelings of anger come out, you all jump on him and think that he's just a sexist pig. Maybe he's going through a tough time, and he's venting his anger. What the hell is wrong with that? When you're pissed off, politically correct condemnation is not what you need to hear.

Joe, preach on, brother. Let it out. These people are all being insensitive, self-righteous phonies.
0 Replies

Vex86

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 02:15 pm
you want know why ill tell ya why its not that hes mad it how hes goin about it hes bein self-righteous sexist asshole some how i dont think half of these ppl wouldnt have a prob with it if he was just bitchin bout his wife an not women as a hole but no he cant do that an ur goin to take up for him come on man its one thing to vent its another to bash women an im not even sure he has the right to be mad it sounds more like she left b/c he was foolin around an bein a ass u know not talkin to her not showin respect some of u guys just cant seem to grasp those ideas tho an i forget bein a gentlmen has all but died out but hey that just how i see it
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 02:51 pm
Yeah, and sometimes a rant is just a rant. How high and mighty everybody is on this thread.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 04:22 pm
kicky, have you read through all the posts in this thread?
0 Replies

capsaddy

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 04:45 pm
I really dont think he did gala
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 04:52 pm
yeah capsaddy, kicky, who is eternally loveable, but don't tell him i said so cause he'll head for the hills, had knee-jerk empathy for his fellow sex. he must've skimmed the thread, saw some of the other knee-jerk angry responses and responded to that.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 10:06 pm
Actually, I was just lookin' to start some trouble. Laughing

By the way, Gala, I love you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 10:19 pm
awwwwwwww, I knew it...
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 07:25 am
kicky... anche io, amore, anche io.
0 Replies

Mr Bain

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:48 pm
Perhaps I went a bit too far in my previous post. In many cases, if you're a guy, the older you get, the more appeal you have.

Gray hair adds character. Expectations may be a bit higher when it comes to how much money you have in the bank, but otherwise your value doesn't suffer too much.

Now, granted there are some red flags. If you're an older divorced man (like my father) you'll inevitably have some explaining to do. If you're older but not married, some women might perceive you as immature. It's not the scenario, but then again, what is?

I've sometimes heard the theory that men do not change and their work habits and the substance of their relationships are static. This is unfair to many guys who get their life in geer and learn how to cope. Hard times can teach you many lessons.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 07:52 pm
Mr. Bain, I couldn't find, on a quick look, your previous post, but this one seems very understandable to me...
0 Replies

Karmen Gila Monster

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 02:41 pm
Poor joeLA
I realize that joe was just angry and yes he did want to start a fight, but he also did have a point. Men usually don't leave. They "suck it up". My wife has become increasingly lazy around the house and in the bedroom but I would never leave. She would rather her mother come over and do laundry while she sits on the couch watching TV. She wouldn't lift a finger to help. I have tried everything under the sun, more attention, more help, giving her space, letting her sleep in while I take care of the kids. We've seen a counselor and that seemed to help for a while, but as soon as the counselor started to bring up her issues she stopped going. You see the reason we don't leave is because we have "Nice Guy Syndrome".
We believe all that crap about working hard and giving her time.

Why don't we leave? Well aside from seeing ourselves as failures in marriage, there's also a lot for us to loose and in many ways. If I divorced my wife I would walk away with less monitary possessions and she would walk away with far more than when we started. But the most important reason, for me at least, is that I'm afraid of not seeing my children as much. That would be awful.

So what are we to do? I will not cheat. A good man does not break his own moral code. I will not stop trying. I will just take it like a man.

P.S. I have been married for over 9 years and will be married for 9 more unless she decides to leave.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 02:43 pm
sigh...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 02:51 pm
Some nice guys blame it the loss of their foreskins as well.
0 Replies

Karmen Gila Monster

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 02:53 pm
Blame what?
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 03:08 pm
karmen, i think, and i could be wrong, cav is saying poo poo on the mr. nice guy syndrome and quit feeling sorry for yourself...your wife sounds like either a complete selfish louse, or she is clinically depressed. she does not sound like a very good example for your children either. mom's clean. mom's take care of the family...and i guess the dad does too, but it sounds like your wife is taking advantage of your passive personality.
0 Replies