Marriage is a joke

Montana

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 11:45 am
Joe
Just because you've had bad luck with your choices in women doesn't mean you should judge women in general. So, you may have chosen the wrong women or maybe they decided you were not right for them, but either way, you can't blame all women.
Hey, I'll be the first to admit that I made the worst choices in men in my life, but I don't resent men because of it. In fact, I'm sitting by the phone as I type waiting for a call from family court to see if they finally came up with a reasonable child support order for my lying, cheating, abusive ex who never felt a need to help provide for our son. Now of course I hate his guts, but it stops there. Everyone is different and I would never stoop so low as to judge an entire sex for the jerks I've passed along the way.
0 Replies

joeLA

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 05:03 pm
well i can't, i love women, i just don't trust them. it's my personal opinion
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 05:36 pm
So why would you join a forum to tell other about your "personal opinion" other then to start an argument? Were you hoping other people would feel the same way as yourself and in turn make you feel less pathetic??
0 Replies

joeLA

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 07:01 pm
wow, stand up for pessimism, very smart opinions my friend, what an idiot. Question
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 07:04 pm
Like how old are you Joe. I don't think a grown, married man would speak the way you do. You really are pathetic! I would hate to be the married to you!
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 07:06 pm
stand up for pessimism wrote:
Were you hoping other people would feel the same way as yourself and in turn make you feel less pathetic??

The truth hurts, doesn't it!!!
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 07:26 pm
Oh Joe......tsk tsk tsk Rolling Eyes

I am so sorry that you have so little backbone that you can easily allow women to "MAKE" you do all those things. How horrible to have to buy flowers for someone you are supposed to love, or take them out for a romantic evening.

And I am equally sorry that women have "MADE" you fall into their little traps. You poor, poor thing Crying or Very sad *clears throat* Joe, you know, I do have a suggestion for that little problem. The next time you pull that zipper up on your pants, try catchin' the head in it that's doin all your thinkin' for ya. :wink:

What I find most interesting in your posts is where you said "Men should take any woman they want. It's their God given right." Now, Joe.......darlin. I'm sure you don't mean that. But just on the off chance that you do....I would be more then happy to start a website just for you.
One where all the women that read your posts and feel all that incredible, aching, desire for you, can register....at www.kiss_my_ass.com. Drunk

All sassiness aside, Joe......learn to love yourself first before you try to love a woman in the way that is intended for her to be loved. The picture you paint of yourself in your posts is dark and hateful.

~Brooke
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 08:09 pm
I don't trust women, either, that's why i never let them out of my sight . . . Ooooooo . . . lookit her, better see what she's up to ! ! !
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 08:50 am
Very well said Brook ;-)

Haha Setanta.
0 Replies

joeLA

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 02:41 pm
All you people read but don't understand. when I gave flowers, or romantic dinners, I meant it. If my wife was happy, I was. what I'm saying is that women are never happy. A man tries to be respectful and caring and it's never enough. then you bitch and complain and say "all men are dogs", but it's you who create the dog.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 02:48 pm
'You' meaning the entire female gender, I presume. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

mojoman417

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 03:06 pm
I'd have to agree that I think marriage is B/S. My reason is not because women are the problem...but I think it's marriage in general. It makes it so hard to just have a relationship by labeling it "marriage". I mean, I'd rather just be with someone in a monogomous relationship and be happy, then be married and sad. Then on top of that people tend to feel stuck in a marriage that's not working out. They feel they have to stick around for the sake of marriage. Whereas, when you're in a monogomous relationship that's not working...you just pack you sh@t and walk. No papers to sign..no fighting over who gets half.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 05:43 pm
brooke, i didn't see any post of joe's where he said the thing about a man's god given right to take any woman he likes.

and, i think joe has a valid argument. it may be a prickly topic, but it's a personal one for him, and if you noticed, when you post a reasonable non-attack response he responds thoughtfully.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 06:03 pm
Re: Marriage is a joke
joeLA wrote:
I say we take any women we want, it's our GOD given right, just because we are males, the dominant species in this planet. Marriage is the biggest lie in the history of mankind.

Well, Gala......he did indeed say that. I have nothing against, Joe. God bless him. BUT......a comment that demeans and degrades women such as he made is gonna get my redneck side :wink: Just flat out how it is.

~Brooke
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 06:08 pm
ok, so he said it-- it flew past me cause it seems tongue-in-cheek. joe, are you serious about that particular quote?
0 Replies

joeLA

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 11:58 pm
Yes, I said it, but I guess what I mean is that men should be able to have any women he wants, without worrying about losing her in the future because she gets tired of him. All I'm saying is that this world is dramatically influenced by women. If you have your family and your wife leaves you, even if she leaves you for another guy, she can come out and take half of what you own, she can go out and say that you were a psycho that molested your own children and almost without a proper investigation, you can't see your kids, even if you know you were a perfect dad. I don't and never will understand why a women can't walk out of a relashionship without bitching and putting down her ex, without doing whatever is in her diabolic hands to put her hard working, responsible, husband down. I'm not saying all men are this way, but I've seen it happen a thousand times. For all women, the truth is hard to accept, but you know it's true, my God you know it's true.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 06:49 am
I'm still waiting for stats on this, but I guess I will continue to wait. Hey, I'm a patient person.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 08:03 am
Something which really bugs me is when a person is hurt by another and then immediately ascribes the propensity for causing that injury to that other's entire group.

What I'm trying to say is, Joe, if you've been unfairly hurt by a woman then that woman is to blame, not the rest of us. Do not paint us all with the same brush. All people are capable of causing injury to those around them, whether they be male or female, and they will use the weapons they have at hand.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 08:55 am
Exactly, Fortune. But Joe is far from inculpable. Like friendship or any human relationship, marriage needs work from both people, or things drift away. This whole thing is bigotted, and your apparent resentment of your wife's ability to choose gives me apprehensions that you were far from a perfect husband.

0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 09:08 am
I see I shall have to read from the beginning, Drom.
0 Replies