Marriage is a joke

joeLA

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 03:01 pm
there is nothing absurd it what I say but the truth. No women holds a gun to a mans head, but it some diabolic way, (like eve to adam), you make us fall into your traps. I bet women don't even know about that side of them, it's just normal for you. And yes, I may be unhappy, lonely, and it's all because of women, who take everything they want, and when there is nothing to take, they dump us. And by the way, did you know that most statistically speaking, men and women are equally unfaithful to their spouses? so if we think with our dicks, what do women think with? women think with their selfishness and discontent with everything, women are never happy, there is always something missing. Men just want a beer and sports, we are simple, very simple, think about it and apply it at home.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 03:08 pm
Well, I said it before, but just be single then. Another point, if you can't see how men and women can strengthen each other, despite their differences, that is called misogyny, at least on your part. News flash: PEOPLE in general piss each other off. Deal with it.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 03:09 pm
Statistically speaking, can you perhaps come up with some statistics? I'd love to see them.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 03:22 pm
joe, just thought you might be interested in this article. You seem to be in the minority of men who think marriage sucks.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/lifestyles/cst-nws-marriage23.html
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 04:13 pm
Gee, joe, I'd really love to get into a "you women!" vs. "you men!" pissing contest with you, but I never take on an opponent who's more full of piss than I am. Sorry.

And I'm sorry you've had such a bitter experience with marriage, too. My husband would most assuredly disagree with you. He's very proud of our marriage. He would probably tell you that your attitude ensures failure. But of course, you wouldn't listen to him. You're not interested in listening to anybody, just ranting. He's not. He's smarter than that. He knows that whatever you look for in people, you will find. So he chooses to look for the best. And that's one of the reasons why he's been happily married for over 20 years...and you haven't.

You have two choices. Change yourself, or be prepared to spend your old age bitter, alone and lonely. It makes absolutely no difference to me what you do. It's your choice.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 04:41 pm
I feel the need to stand up for JoeLA here.

Being bitter at a marriage partner in particular, or even women in general , does not condemn a man to a horrible lonely life. You can be happy and single. Some men live full lives with no contact with women other than the occasional mistress.

Men from the beginning of time of felt this way, at least occasionally. Here are a few quotes to back up my point.

"Why do people laugh at weddings and cry at funerals?
It is because they are not the ones involved." (Oscare Wilde?)

"when two people are under the influence of the most violent, most insane, most delusive, and most transient of passions. They are required to swear that they will remain in that excited, abnormal, and exhausting condition continuously until death do them part."
--George Bernard Shaw

JoeLa, I hope that you find a way to be happy. If that doesn't involve marriage so be it.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 04:44 pm
Kristie, sorry but the mathematician in me has a problem with the poll in the article you posted.

It seems to apply that college graduates who go to church, make over $50,000, don't have kids for the first 2 years and went to college NEVER get divorced (i.e. they have a zero percent chance). That doesn't seem right.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 05:09 pm
Could joe be gay? You "hate the way women are, and the marriage concept, well...quit bashing woman and come out of the closet!
0 Replies

joeLA

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 05:22 pm
Come on dude, I knew it would come. You read but you don't comprehend. If I were gay I would say I'm gay, read what i wrote in a smart way, you people always look for an easy way out, "HE'S GAY", what a dork.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 05:25 pm
lol...it's ok to admit it, really!!!! No need to call people down here, i could say some pretty harsh things about you, but I won't sink down toy your level!
0 Replies

joeLA

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 05:28 pm
bla,bla,bla
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 05:30 pm
For Gods sake Joe....stay married and enjoy the practical benefits, subtly cheat and enjoy that....and stop your whining!!!!!!
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 05:35 pm
as a female, i am quite appalled by the marketing of marriage. from day one girls are oriented to think about their wedding day, often at the expense of who they are marrying. it's the romance of the idea that is being sold-- the limo, the dress, the invitations, the female being the absolute center of attention. for some women, marriage is the finish line.

However, all women are NOT like that-- yes, maybe the ones you have chosen were flaming bitches. but, it may help to examine why you chose so superficially instead of blaming all women.
0 Replies

joeLA

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 05:42 pm
You may be right gala, maybe I made the wrong choice. I believed in marriage, now I think it's a joke. I believe power and money are more important than love and commitment. If a man is powerful and rich, you can treat your women however you want and she will take it. Take Kobe Bryant's case. He cheats on her and the very next day she forgives him. But if your a regular working dude, you have to do nothing and your wife will leave you, all it takes is for her to get tired of you.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 05:55 pm
joe, don't be so hard on yourself. kobe bryant is neither a good or realistic example. he's a superstar. being a regular working dude is not a curse, nor is it a prescription for failure in love.
0 Replies

joeLA

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 06:58 pm
well, you may be right gala, I guess I just don't trust in love anymore, it's sad but it's true.
0 Replies

Eykis

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 08:23 pm
joeLA wrote:
You may be right gala, maybe I made the wrong choice. I believed in marriage, now I think it's a joke. I believe power and money are more important than love and commitment. If a man is powerful and rich, you can treat your women however you want and she will take it. Take Kobe Bryant's case. He cheats on her and the very next day she forgives him. But if your a regular working dude, you have to do nothing and your wife will leave you, all it takes is for her to get tired of you.

What you defend against you create. What you focus on you manifest.

You can focus on bitterness or you can focus on becoming a more compassionate person to others because you have learned what it feels like to be hurt. It's your choice.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 06:19 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Kristie, sorry but the mathematician in me has a problem with the poll in the article you posted.

It seems to apply that college graduates who go to church, make over $50,000, don't have kids for the first 2 years and went to college NEVER get divorced (i.e. they have a zero percent chance). That doesn't seem right.

I don't think that is what they are saying. I think the 50% of marriages break up statistic is still in effect.

However, that wasn't the part of the article that I was refering to. I was refering to the part where they say that married men say they have better sex and more money. (whether that sex is with wife they don't say :wink: ) I just wanted to point out that not every man agrees with joes distorted view of marriage.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 06:23 am
Gala wrote:
as a female, i am quite appalled by the marketing of marriage. from day one girls are oriented to think about their wedding day, often at the expense of who they are marrying. it's the romance of the idea that is being sold-- the limo, the dress, the invitations, the female being the absolute center of attention. for some women, marriage is the finish line.

I have to agree with this. If you are female, 25 and not set up to get married, people wonder what's wrong with you.

Truth is, my best friend fits this description and she is an attractive, wonderful person with a good job and she isn't getting married. Not even seriously dating. The pressure to get married is huge. While I don't agree with Joe, I do agree that a lot of women rush into marriage thinking it's going to be all about a dress and a party. Little do they realize....that's one day out of 50+ years! :wink:
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 07:13 am
I agree with Kristie and Gala on the romance part of getting married. Your wedding day is supposed to be so beautiful, etc. No one speaks about the marriage itself which is much more important. Fortunately for me, I was never pushed this way. I went on to have a career and never thought of the end all to be my wedding day. And I certainly came across those people who thought something was wrong with me because I was not married at 25. I didn't actually get married until I was 34. I remember being about 30 and going on vacation and several different men that I met asked me my age. Seeing I look much younger than my age, they were first shocked at my age and then shocked when they heard I was single. The next question was always were you married? Answer - no, never. They seemed very surprised. A single, attractive, successful woman and not married - they probably thought I was a lesbian.

Joe - my suggestion is to date, make friends with lots of different women and you may get a nice surprise. Not all women are like this - some are not seeking marriage. Some actually get married because they really love the guy no matter what the financial situation is - the Kobe situation - believe me that guy would have been out on his butt if it was my husband. I don't care about the money, I can take care of myself financially. Some women actually do think this way
0 Replies