Quotes that display the intelligence of George W. Bush

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:58 am
Yes, but didn't he also say:

Quote:
..Examples of this sort, together with the unsuccessful attempts to discover any motion of the earth relatively to the "light medium," suggest that the phenomena of electrodynamics as well as of mechanics possess no properties corresponding to the idea of absolute rest. They suggest rather that, as has already been shown to the first order of small quantities, the same laws of electrodynamics and optics will be valid for all frames of reference for which the equations of mechanics hold good.

That sounds kind of smart.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 07:19 am
Uh, I'd have to see that one on video.

Prove he said that.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 07:23 am
Brandon9000 wrote:

Quote:
..Examples of this sort, together with the unsuccessful attempts to discover any motion of the earth relatively to the "light medium," suggest that the phenomena of electrodynamics as well as of mechanics possess no properties corresponding to the idea of absolute rest. They suggest rather that, as has already been shown to the first order of small quantities, the same laws of electrodynamics and optics will be valid for all frames of reference for which the equations of mechanics hold good.

[/b]

Would you care to explain it? What may sound smart can also be just a bunch of words that those who do not understand will buy as being smart ;-)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 07:38 am
Brandon9000 wrote:

Quote:

Brandon's f*cking with you. That's Einstein.

But if you put that up against a real quote from Bush, like here, where he is explaining the intricacies of tribal sovereignty...

Quote:
Yeah, uh, tribal sovereignty means that. It's sovereign. You're a… you're a…You've been given sovereignty, and your…viewed as a sovereign entity. And, therefore, the relationship between the federal government and the tribes is one between s…sovereign entities.

...you really get a good picture of just how smart our president is.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 07:46 am
Not sure I can take it. Brandon AND McG making funnies in the last 24 hours? Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 03:29 pm
It presages the end of the world.

At least - the end of the world as we know it....
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 03:53 pm
and so it goes.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 09:01 pm
Sometimes he actually speaks the truth and we just mis-hear him.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/presaddress2.shtml
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 05:40 pm
On injured soldiers:

"First of all, I'm a crier, and I weep a lot."

On the press:

"I also understand we can't exist without each other. I make news; they send out a message. We've got a good relationship here. "

On the Plame Case/ Federal Shield Law for Reporters:

"Some of us have been involved in this, as you know, so I'm not going to talk about specifics of the case. On the other hand, maybe it will never get resolved."

And... "There are going to be some cases in the nation's interest. I'm not sure this is one. Nevertheless, the press played it like one. I don't know if you follow the local press about this case, this was like a big deal. Then all of a sudden, it's not quite as big a deal. But there will be some cases where it's important for reporters to testify, it seems like to me. "

Edit - forgot to SOURCE
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 06:35 pm
Bush to a question from a reporter:

"It seemed like to me they based some of their decisions on the word of -- and the allegations -- by people who were held in detention, people who hate America, people that had been trained in some instances to disassemble -- that means not tell the truth."

Jon Stewart's comment, "That's what we did to Iraq."
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 09:08 am
Here's some more recent interesting Bush statements that someone found doing a search of Whitehouse.gov.

They ask, what's the job like to be President. And the answer to that job [sic] is you make a lot of decisions. (8-7-06)
(if he can't answer questions, at least he can answer "jobs")

You know it's so much easy [sic] just to shove these problems down the road. (8-11-06)

You need to have you a governor in the great state of Mississippi who understands what it means to create an environment for job growth, who hurts when he hears people are [sic] working. (11-1-03)
(we hurt when we hear Bush is working!)

When we catch illegal immigrants from other country [sic] it is not as easy to send them home. (5-15-06)
(especially the ones who don't speak the English good!)

It was not always a given that the United States and America [sic] would have a close relationship. (7-29-06)
(either he meant the US and Japan as the full context implies, or he just found out the nation's full name)

I sent a supplemental up to the United States Congress recently to make sure our troops what they have they need [sic] to be able to do their jobs. (5-17-06)

A 19-year-old [sic] veteran of the police force, Officer Cox was off-duty when he stepped up to help fellow officers in pursuit of a suspect. (5-15-06)
(a teenager was already a veteran cop?)

I was not pleased that Hamas has refused to announce [sic] its desire to destroy Israel. (5-7-06)

I'm pleased to report that it's got some good news for the American taxpayer. This economy is growing, federal taxes are rising [sic], and we're cutting the federal deficit faster than we expected. (8-11-06)
(rising taxes means good news?)

I was more than happy to sign its extension, and we've been very hard [sic] in implementing it. (4-10-06)

I strongly believe what we're doing is the right thing. If I didn't believe it -- I'm going to repeat what I said before -- I'd pull the troops out, nor if I believed we could win [sic], I would pull the troops out. (4-6-06)

In the 1980s, the United States helped Afghan freedom fighters drive the Soviet Red Army from Kabul, and once the Soviets withdrew, we decided our work was finished and left the Afghans to defend [sic] for themselves. Soon the terrorists moved in to fill the vacuum. (3-29-06)
(the word mix-up wasn't even the biggest problem here. Last time we checked, the "freedom fighters" we helped - like bin Laden - were the terrorists)

The people of the city (Tal Afar, Iraq) still have many challenges to overcome, including old-age [sic] resentments that still create suspicion. (3-20-06)
(so now he's blaming Iraq on the elderly?)

Government should be an advocate of faith-based and community-based programs, not an impedent [sic] to faith-based programs. (4-1-05)
(if there's one thing we can agree on, it's that government shouldn't be an "impedent")

My six years as governor of Texas have been invaluable to me as I carry out my duties as the presidency [sic]. (2-27-05)
(Hillary said she and Bill "are the president," but only George can be "the presidency")

Saddam would still be in power if (John Kerry) were the President of the United States, and the world would be a lot better off. [sic] (10-9-04)
(why did they add sic here?)

Manuel Guerra contacted [sic] polio as an infant. (4-23-02)
("hi, polio, how's it going?")

Here are three bonus quotes we found on the White House website from others:

Laura Bush: The poverty rate in households headed by a high school dropout is ten times higher than in a high school [sic] headed by a college graduate. (2-15-05)
(we hope so!)

Dick Cheney: So we've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden [sic] was directly involved in 9/11. (3-29-06)
(apparently he meant Saddam here; maybe he just had them backwards all along by mistake?)

Chief Justice John Roberts: My nomination was announced some 10 weeks ago here in the White House, the home of the executive branch. This morning, further up Pennsylvania Avenue, it was approved in the Capitol, the home of the executive [sic] branch. (9-29-05)
(this explains a lot about his judicial philosophy!)

Source
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 06:28 am
Bush Uncensored: President Uses Expletive During Chat At G8 Summit

Quote:
Bush: Yo Blair How are you doing?
Blair: I'm just...
Bush: You're leaving?
Blair: No, no, no not yet. On this trade thingy...[inaudible]
Bush: yeah I told that to the man
Blair: Are you planning to say that here or not?
Bush: If you want me to
Blair: Well, it's just that if the discussion arises...
Bush: I just want some movement.
Blair: Yeah
Bush: Yesterday we didn't see much movement
Blair: No, no, it may be that it's not, it maybe that it's impossible
Bush: I am prepared to say it
Blair: But it's just I think what we need to be an opposition
Bush: Who is introducing the trade
Blair: Angela
Bush: Tell her to call 'em
Blair: Yes
Bush: Tell her to put him on them on the spot.Thanks for the sweaters it's awfully thoughtful of you
Blair: It's a pleasure
Bush: I know you picked it out yourself
Blair: Oh, absoultely, in fact I knitted it myself
BUSH: "Right . . . What about Kofi? That seems odd. I don't like the sequence of it. His attitude is basically ceasefire and everything else happens."

BLAIR: "I think the thing that is really difficult is you can't stop this unless you get this international presence agreed." . . .
Bush: Yeah
Blair: I don't know what you guys have talked about but as I say I am perfectly happy to try and see what the lie of the land is but you need that done quickly because otherwise it will spiral
Bush: I think Condi is going to go pretty soon
Blair: But that's that's that's all that matters. But if you, you see it will take some time to get that together
Bush: Yeah, yeah
Blair: But at least it gives people...
Bush: It's a process, I agree. I told her your offer to...
Blair: Well...it's only if I mean... you know. If she's got a..., or if she needs the ground prepared as it were... Because obviously if she goes out, she's got to succeed, if it were, whereas I can go out and just talk
Bush: You see, the ... thing is what they need to do is to get Syria, to get Hezbollah to stop doing this **** and it's over
Blair: [inaudible]
Bush: [inaudible]
Blair: Syria
Bush: Why?
Blair: Because I think this is all part of the same thing
Bush: Yeah.
Blair: What does he think? He thinks if Lebanon turns out fine, if we get a solution in Israel and Palestine, Iraq goes in the right way...
Bush: Yeah, yeah, he is sweet
Blair: He is honey. And that's what the whole thing is about. It's the same with Iraq
Bush: I felt like telling Kofi to call, to get on the phone to Bashad [Bashir Assad] and make something happen
Blair: Yeah
Bush: [inaudible]
Blair:
Bush: We are not blaming the Lebanese government
Blair: Is this...? (at this point Blair taps the microphone in front of him and the sound is cut.)

source

More here
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 07:21 am
OH, THE HORROR

GW USED THE DREADED "S" WORD!!!! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 07:46 am
woiyo wrote:
OH, THE HORROR

It wouldn't be so bad if Karen Hughes hadn't told us that Bush never swears.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 08:14 am
It's not his swear words but his simple mind revealed in these unguarded moments which makes me lose sleep.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 08:19 am
parados wrote:
woiyo wrote:
OH, THE HORROR

THE HORROR!!!!! Rolling Eyes

You all need to get over yourselves. The bullsh!t going on there for the past 60 years is not very complex.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 08:29 am
woiyo wrote:
parados wrote:
woiyo wrote:
OH, THE HORROR

You all need to get over yourselves. The bullsh!t going on there for the past 60 years is not very complex.

The point isn't the swearing, it is Hughes lying through her teeth about it.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 08:49 am
blatham wrote:
woiyo wrote:
parados wrote:
woiyo wrote:
OH, THE HORROR

The point isn't the swearing, it is Hughes lying through her teeth about it.

Wonderful! Rolling Eyes

With all the bullsh!t going on, your biggest concern is what Karen Hughes said several years ago.

GREAT POINT. Let's get all hung up on this issue.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 03:52 pm
It really brings up one of the things the right really hates about
Clinton. As Stephanie Miller said yesterday, Bill Clinton would walk
into a room and women would forget how to breathe. Bush swore at the
outset that he would be the opposite of Clinton, and we need no further
proof that he has succeeded wildly at that than to see the look on
Angela Merkel's face.

We have here an uncultured, ill-mannered, uncouth, poorly educated lout
that has always managed to fail upward, due only to the fact that he was
born to people of influence of means.

This human pimple managed, largely through the efforts of others who
pull the levers of power to land in one of the, if not the most,
important job in the world, and therefore nowhere left to fail upward
into. And he has managed to stay just as uncultured, ill-mannered,
uncouth, poorly educated a waste of skin as ever.

There's a movie in there somewhere, I think.

Starring Adam Sandler.............. Issac Peterson, Columnis, Minn
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 04:04 pm
woiyo wrote:
OH, THE HORROR

Blatham, I suppose I should be nice and not remind the absent minded, forgetful, selective amnesia victim Whieyo that when President Clinton was being attacked so viciously the rabid right was screeching at the tops of their lungs that it wasn't about the sex, it was about the lying! And of course I should never say anything about the supposed Christianity of one Chicken George bu$h with that dumb, fake pious look on that smirking face as he and his daddy tell a reporter what they talk about on their fishing or golf trips when they used the filthy word for a woman's private parts.

Yeah.... we are supposed to get over it... Ha! IF you want us to get over it, get the retarded, brain dead moron out of the office and quit humiliating this country.

Something is wrong with george bush

Slowly developing cognitive deficits as demonstrated so clearly by Bush can represent only one diagnosis and that is presenile dementia. Dr. Joseph Price, The Atlantic, Oct 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw4Bhmm22xo&mode=related&search=

"Whatever the reason, whatever the diagnosis, even when he is rehearsed and prepared George Bush has problems he did not have 10 (12) years ago in 1994.

Watch this and be afraid.......... very afraid. This is the guy with his fingers on the nuclear button and his pRes Cheney, is not much better.

I think this movie comparing his speeches shows that this drunk is no dry drunk. He has pickled his brain and it's there for the world to see.
0 Replies