Quotes that display the intelligence of George W. Bush

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 02:39 pm
kickycan wrote:
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
That a post about Bush's intelligence could elicit 80 posts (many of which recounting his oratorial gems) within less than a full day is telling ;D.

In only four hours, no less.

No kiddin', Boss, that's just what i was thinkin' . . . you really struck a cord here . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 02:43 pm
As a matter of fact, Jean Chrétien's publicity aide did call him an idiot, and later, reluctantly, the Canajun PM let her go. If world leaders don't come out and say he's an idiot, it very likely has more to do with not wanting such reflections made upon themselves, and what i always think of as the PET factor . . .

When Pierre Elliott Trudeau was asked what it was like to be the PM of Canada, with the U.S. as a neighbor, he said it was like living next door to an elephant--you go about your daily life, but you don't make a lot of noise.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 02:43 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Now that would be a sign of remarkable intelligence -- if he were actually faking it.

Reminds me of this freaky Danish movie I saw once, whose title is roughly translating to 'The Idiots.' People couldn't be smart enough, so they decided to be dumb enough.... twisted logic..

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 02:46 pm
Setanta wrote:
When Pierre Elliott Trudeau was asked what it was like to be the PM of Canada, with the U.S. as a neighbor, he said it was like living next door to an elephant--you go about your daily life, but you don't make a lot of noise.

Wise words. Because of his relationships with the ruling New Republicans (Labour, who amazingly pretend to be for the working classes when all they do is screw hem over,) any journalist is virtually beaten down with a stick if they choose to mention Bush deridingly; this seems like the Führersyndrome, over again.

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 02:47 pm
kickycan wrote:
Well, if that's true, then it's another example of a dumb idea. The foreign press, and a majority of foreign citizens of the world seem to think he is a major horse's ass.

I saw him more as a zebu's ass, but I guess one shouldn't quibble over minor details Laughing.

0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 11:08 am
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 11:12 am
Laughing
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 11:26 am
Setanta wrote:
As a matter of fact, Jean Chrétien's publicity aide did call him an idiot, and later, reluctantly, the Canajun PM let her go. If world leaders don't come out and say he's an idiot, it very likely has more to do with not wanting such reflections made upon themselves, and what i always think of as the PET factor . . .

I believe that you are referring to the spokeswoman for then-prime minister Jean Chretien being overheard calling Bush "a moron."

In one instance former cabinet minister Herb Dhaliwal labelled Bush a failed statesman.

The latest is Liberal MP Carolyn Parrish (in the Martin cabinet) who described Bush as a "war-like man" and she was "dumbfounded" he had won the election. She is the one that lost her job as chair of Canada's NATO parliamentary group. She said a few other things of a more general nature that I don't find worty of mentioning so as not to disrespect our U.S. neighbours.

I marvel at how the man (Bush) can put his shoes on by himself in the morning.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 02:10 pm
I'm so glad squinney resurrected this thread. I sooo love to hate the Idiot in Chief.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 02:47 pm
Too many to cut and paste.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 02:48 pm
Too many to cut and paste.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 02:56 pm
My god...has there ever been such a dunce in charge of so much?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 03:27 pm
McGentrix wrote:
"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know"

Donald Rumsfeld

Boy needs an introduction to the Johari window.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 03:29 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:
"And I am an optimistic person. I guess if you want to try to find something to be pessimistic about, you can find it, no matter how hard you look, you know?" —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 15, 2004

Kerry inadvertantly trying to emulate Bushisms can't even come close.

Very true, but I've been looking for a place to talk about 'hair pollution' since I heard him say it on tv.

But there IS hair pollution - it is the comb-over!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 03:31 pm
kickycan wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
"I can hear you, the rest of the world can hear you and the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon."

"Americans are a free people, who know that freedom is the right of every person and the future of every nation. The liberty we prize is not America's gift to the world; it is God's gift to humanity."

"We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail."

"After the chaos and carnage of September 11th, it is not enough to serve our enemies with legal papers."

"America is a Nation with a mission - and that mission comes from our most basic beliefs. We have no desire to dominate, no ambitions of empire. Our aim is a democratic peace - a peace founded upon the dignity and rights of every man and woman."

"America must not ignore the threat gathering against us. Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof, the smoking gun that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud."

"America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people."

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."

"For diplomacy to be effective, words must be credible - and no one can now doubt the word of America."

"Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve."

"Leadership to me means duty, honor, country. It means character, and it means listening from time to time."

"The momentum of freedom in our world is unmistakable - and it is not carried forward by our power alone. We can trust in that greater power Who guides the unfolding of the years. And in all that is to come, we can know that His purposes are just and true."

"You can't put democracy and freedom back into a box."

Every one of those, with the exception of the first one, was written for him. As to the first quote, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

Yeah - and this utterly despicable one he still said - even though he had the chance to see it written down first:

""Every nation in every region now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.""
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 03:46 pm
Actually, to be fair, almost all of us sound like idiots if you transcribe what we say!!!

Ever read a court transcript, or whatever the equivalent to Hansard is in your country?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 12:01 am
dlowan wrote:
Actually, to be fair, almost all of us sound like idiots if you transcribe what we say!!!

Ever read a court transcript, or whatever the equivalent to Hansard is in your country?

True, but we are just the common folk and it doesn't matter what we say because it will not affect the economy, jobs, public opinion, world opinion, or anything else that can be affected by what a president says and does.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 01:12 am
You're spooking me out with that avatar, you know....
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 05:34 am
Well, your ears are bigger than mine Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:28 am
My ego is not bigger than Shatner's though!!!!

Big ears, warm heart.....
0 Replies