neologist

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 01:55 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Someone has lied to you again. You need to find yourself a better teacher. . .
Perhaps you are the one believing lies. Why has your 'spirit' not explained this?
Quote:
Revelation 20:13-14New King James Version (NKJV)

13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
maxdancona

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 01:56 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

maxdancona wrote:
. . . God is the one who throws people into the lake of fire. This is an act of great cruelty. God doesn't have to throw people into eternal torment. He does this because he chooses to. . .
You do realize, don't you, that those thrown in the lake of fire are no longer conscious?

Squeaky wishes you to believe his ooga boooga. But it's his ooga booga.

I am not accepting any ooga boooga.

Squeaky's Ooga booga is exceptionally cruel with it's eternal torment. But that's not the point. God punishing human beings for having consensual sexual relationships, is illogical and unjust no matter how you interpret "lake of fire".

I would prefer a version of ooga booga where God didn't throw any humans in any type of fiery lake. I wonder if God is reading this thread.
neologist

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 02:09 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
. . . God punishing human beings for having consensual sexual relationships, is illogical and unjust no matter how you interpret "lake of fire". . .
God certainly has the right to set standards for the beings he created. There is nothing wrong with consensual sex within those standards. But there are consequences for ignoring them. Consider the effects of indiscriminate sex on the family unit. Are you saying no punishment would be appropriate?
maxdancona

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 02:32 pm
@neologist,
Yes, I am saying that punishment is not appropriate. Let's distinguish discipline from punishment. I define discipline as something that corrects a child's behavior in a way that will benefit him or her in the future. Punishment is about vengeance. When you punish someone you are making them pay for defying you in a way that has no benefit to the child.

I discipline my kids as a way of helping them learn something for the future, but only in a way that helps them. I would never punish them in a for past deeds (i.e. where punishment has no benefit to them in the future).

There is no moral reason for God to punish people. It doesn't help them. It doesn't benefit anyone. It doesn't matter whether the fire means eternal torment or just quick death. Throwing people into a lake of fire doesn't benefit them at all. It is nothing but cruel bullying on the part of God. As a father, there is no set of circumstances that would cause me to throw my children in a lake of fire in spite of the fact that they break some of my rules.

If you are going to consider the "effects" of God's rules, then we have to compare what happens when we follow the rules with what happens when we ignore them. In cases where God's rules turn out to be wrong (i.e. leading to a worse effect) then I would say that even discipline would be inappropriate.

I have had several deeply fulfilling sexual relationships (and a few quick flings that were nothing but fun). I have seen no harm from any of these.

I am saying that punishment for these relationships is inappropriate.

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 02:44 pm
@neologist,
lol Some times I think you put on blinders, before you read.

Rev 14:11
11 "And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."
(NKJ)

Rev 18:7
7 "In the measure that she glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give her torment and sorrow; for she says in her heart, 'I sit as queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow.'
(NKJ)

Rev 20:10
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
(NKJ)

Rev 14:11
11 "And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."
(NKJ)
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 02:50 pm
@neologist,
Cant you read? If anyone, anyone.

Rev 14:9-11
9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand,
10 "he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 02:52 pm
@maxdancona,
yes He is reading it.

Heb 4:13
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
(NKJ)

BillRM

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 02:53 pm
@neologist,
God as in a make up god that have some strange rights to punished me for my and everyone else for that matter sexual conducts?

The christian god only exist in the sick mind of such people as Squeakybro who use such a god to justify his 'lording' over people he happen to be very jealous of for having normal sex lives.

I was only ten or so when I first saw the logical silliness of the christian god so how can most adults even bring themselves to give lip service to this one in three evil god?

Lake of fire indeed.
Squeakybro

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 02:55 pm
@neologist,

1 Cor 6:18-20
18 Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body.
19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?
20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 02:58 pm
@BillRM,
Ten years old???? And you still think the same way????? No wonder your logic is so flawed.
maxdancona

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 02:59 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
yes He is reading it.

Well that makes me feel pretty good. I wish God had the decency to respond. I am sure he could strike me down if He disapproves. He hasn't done so, I suppose that means something.

If I am still here tomorrow Squeaky, maybe that should tell you that your God is full of crap.

BillRM

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 03:06 pm
@Squeakybro,
Logic is logic and once you get the concept at any age even at ten years of age it does not change.

How you could had avoided rational thinking for all of your life is amazing to me an then base your life on stories that it was as clear as glass was silliness to me at the age of ten.

Those conclusions was reached by me at least five years before I was even aware of such writting as Paine The Age of Reason.
Fil Albuquerque

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 03:12 pm
@BillRM,
Not so rarely many people chose the comfort of blissful ignorance and fabula to live their lives...then their are wrapped up in it as time passes. Its usually a one way path, a life wasted.
Squeakybro

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 03:17 pm
@BillRM,
RATIONAL-REASON & LOGIC-CONCLUSION

Mark 2:8
8 But immediately, when Jesus perceived in His spirit that they reasoned thus within themselves, He said to them, "Why do you reason about these things in your hearts?
Mark 1:15
15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."
Acts 7:51
51 "You stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.
Matt 21:28-32
28 "But what do you think? A man had two sons, and he came to the first and said, 'Son, go, work today in my vineyard.'
29 "He answered and said, 'I will not,' but afterward he regretted it and went.
30 "Then he came to the second and said likewise. And he answered and said, 'I go, sir,' but he did not go.
31 "Which of the two did the will of his father?" They said to Him, "The first." Jesus said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you.
32 "For John came to you in the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him; but tax collectors and harlots believed him; and when you saw it, you did not afterward relent and believe him.
Matt 11:25
25 At that time Jesus answered and said, "I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes.
1 Cor 1:9-10
9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
10 Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
1 Cor 1:18-22
18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."
20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
22 For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom;
1 Cor 1:25-26
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
1 Cor 2:6-7
6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
1 Cor 2:9-10
9 But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
1 Cor 2:13-15
13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.
(NKJ)
xxxx The rational mind can only deal with mans conclusions. Which none are spiritual. Mans conclusions are based on science, which oposes faith. There is nothing rational about faith. Faith is spiritual strength which is used to opose science. To sit back and wait on the Lord when there is a rational opinion in your mind is hard. But that is what the spiritual mind does use the faith to rebell against the rational mind.

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 03:19 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
lol There are a lot of wasted minds in here.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 03:22 pm
@maxdancona,
I really don't think God cares about you one way or the other. Your just another bastard.

Heb 12:6-8
6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
(KJV)

BillRM

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 03:29 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
I really don't think God cares about you one way or the other. Your just another bastard.

A bastard.like Jesus? [a person born of unmarried parents; an illegitimate child].

neologist

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 04:06 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
I really don't think God cares about you one way or the other. Your just another bastard. . .
And you wonder why nobody listens . . .
Squeakybro

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 04:21 pm
@BillRM,
lolol Your an idiot. Bastard like God will not be your Father. And God was Jesus' Father.

Heb 12:7-8
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
(KJV)

Squeakybro

Tue 26 Jan, 2016 04:24 pm
@neologist,
lolol I don't wonder why nobody listens. You really don't know how it works do you. All these hecklers are helping me and don't know it. They keep my threads at the top over and over That arouses curiosity in others. Go look at the views on my threads. A lot of people are listening. I have got 60 views on threads with O replies. You can bet a lot of people are listening..
0 Replies