Sat 23 Jan, 2016 07:22 pm
SIN-Any Act oR Belief Contrary To Gods Word
Rom 6:12
12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.
Eph 2:2-3
2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,
3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
James 1:13-15
13 Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.
14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
Rom 7:5
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
Rom 7:8
8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:17-18
17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.
1 Cor 10:12-14
12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.
13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
14 Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.
Heb 12:1-2
1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Col 3:1-2
1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.
2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.
Heb 11:6
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Rom 14:23
23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.
Rom 10:8
8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach):
John 16:8-9
8 "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 "of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
1 Cor 15:56
56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.
James 4:17
17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.
Heb 10:26-29
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.
28 Anyone who has rejected Moses' law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
Rom 8:1-4
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
Rom 13:8
8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
Gal 5:14
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
Mark 7:20-23
20 And He said, "What comes out of a man, that defiles a man.
21 "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 "thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness.
23 "All these evil things come from within and defile a man."
(NKJ)

xxx Sin is refered to as transgression of the law. Everything that comes out of Gods mouth is law. Whether it be the old testament law of sin and death. Or it be the new testament law of Christ. Some say sin is being outside the grace of God. We can do the right thing for the wrong reason and that is sin. We can do the wrong thing for the right reason and that is sin. But no matter how you personally want to define it. It is what will send us to hell. There are three types of sin. The kind that you dont have to repent of because if your walking in love, love will cover a multitude of sins. You need to find out what love is first.Then you have the sins that you must repent of or your not forgiven. And the third type, the unforgiveable sin blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. If you dont know what love is you cant walk in love. So every sin you do must be repented of. If you dont know who the Holy Spirit is you cant walk after the Spirit. Sin is not being in Gods will.

Anything not done in the Word of faith is sin.

James 4:17
17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.
(NKJ)

Rom 14:23
23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.
(NKJ)

I Jn 1:4-10
4 And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.
5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
(NKJ)

2 Pet 3:9
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
(NKJ)

These are the evidence of sin. But the true sin is a state of mind that allowed you to commit these acts.
Adultery,
fornication,
Homosexuality,
uncleanness,
lasciviousness,
Idolatry,
witchcraft,
hatred,
variance,
emulations,
wrath,
strife,
seditions,
heresies,
Envyings,
murders,
drunkenness,
revellings,
effeminate,
abusers of themselves with mankind,
thieves,
covetous,
revilers,
extortioners
maliciousness
full of envy
bitter conflict
deceit,
malignity;
whisperers,
Backbiters,
despiteful,
proud,
boasters,
inventors of evil things,
disobedient to parents,
Without understanding,
covenantbreakers,
without natural affection,
implacable,
unmerciful

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 22,441 • Replies: 507
Topic Closed

maxdancona

Sat 23 Jan, 2016 10:54 pm
@Squeakybro,
I think that we should divide the good sins from the bad.

A little lust can be fun without hurting anyone. And, who isn't benefited by sloth. I do think that the world could do with a little less wrath and greed.
Squeakybro

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 08:47 am
@maxdancona,
You cant do that and still please God. Lets take Gods advice and make any sin exceedingly sinful.

Rom 7:13
13 Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful.
(NKJ)

maxdancona

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 09:13 am
@Squeakybro,
You can't compare me to Paul. Paul was a serial murderer. Of course that kind of sin was producing death.

I am interested in being a good person and living a good fulfilling life. Right now this means enjoying sex outside of marriage, playing poker, helping illegal immigrants, drinking good scotch and having friends who are gay without judging them.

Whether or not this pleases God is God's problem.

Squeakybro

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 09:40 am
@maxdancona,
Paul never killed anyone. That shows why your an idiot. That also explains why all them other sins will send you to hell. Do you really think you can be a good person????

Matt 19:17
17 So He said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments."
(NKJ)

There is no such thing as good people. All we have is unforgiven sinners and forgiven sinners.
maxdancona

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 06:25 pm
@Squeakybro,
Yes Paul absolutely did commit murders. Don't you read your bible?

Start with Acts 8:1-5

(Incidentally, I think you meant to say "you're an idiot". The word "your" is the second person possessive pronoun, which doesn't make sense in your hateful little attack).
Squeakybro

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 07:04 pm
@maxdancona,
Your wrong. Saul was only concenting. Saul himself never killed anyone.

Acts 8:1-5

1 Now Saul was consenting to his death. At that time a great persecution arose against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the apostles.
2 And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him.
3 As for Saul, he made havoc of the church, entering every house, and dragging off men and women, committing them to prison.
4 Therefore those who were scattered went everywhere preaching the word.
5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria and preached Christ to them.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

maxdancona

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 08:40 pm
@Squeakybro,
God is wrong when it comes to what it means to be a good person. I used to be at least as religious as you are. I remember how much effort every Christian man spends trying not to masturbate (which any man can understand if you know that single Christian men often go years without any expression of sexuality).

There is no reason that masturbation should be a sin. It is a natural expression of human sexuality, and every honest man does it. Yet God bans it.

When God says hurting other people is sin, I agree with him (although there are lots of people hurt by the self-righteous cruelty of Christians). When God denies humans pleasure, He is clearly not being logical or fair. In my opinion God is wrong about many so-called sins, including homosexuality and sex between people who aren't married (strangely God has changed his mind on some of these issues).

Squeakybro

Sun 24 Jan, 2016 09:10 pm
@maxdancona,
ROFLOL If nothing else works them statements should be able to get you into hell.

Matt 12:36-37
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

maxdancona

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 08:08 am
@Squeakybro,
You are laughing that I am going to Hell?

I am glad that amuses you.
Squeakybro

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 09:11 am
@maxdancona,
lol But you are trying so hard to get there.
tsarstepan

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 09:52 am
@Squeakybro,
Sin is a hard apple cider.
http://i63.tinypic.com/16athtd.jpg
0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 10:14 am
@Squeakybro,
Whether I go to Hell or not is between me and God. I trust that God is not as much of a vindictive prick as you seem to think He is.
Squeakybro

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 12:10 pm
@maxdancona,
Don't get upset with me. I don't want to see you go to hell. But when you talk like that your challenging God to who has more authority to decide right from wrong.

You said
God is wrong
There is no reason that masturbation should be a sin.
I trust that God is not as much of a vindictive prick
McGentrix

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 12:30 pm
Looks like this conversation went off on a tangent...
Squeakybro

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 12:53 pm
@McGentrix,
Off?? This has turned into a stupid conversation. Where do you get some of these people?????????
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 01:00 pm
...yeah I know what Sin is. Its stupid behaviour that serves the purpose of not let go extinct the 30% of the smart population for lack of jobs...we need 70% of natural sinners so we have something to do and strive for, that is to mean, fix the **** the other 70% break every day for being dumb.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 01:12 pm
@Squeakybro,
God gets to decide what is right or wrong for Him. I get to decide what is right or wrong for me. If God has the authority to decide whether I am going to Hell or not, then that is His decision. I only hope that he will be reasonable.

In my opinion, this decision should be based on whether we live in such a way that respects the people around us and makes the world a better place.

I would be very disappointed if God is going to base this decision based on arbitrary rules with no relevance to what people actually need. I don't see why God should care about whether we masturbate or not or whether we have sex with the correct gender.

I would expect better from an all-knowing, loving creator.
Squeakybro

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 02:05 pm
@maxdancona,
lolol
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 03:43 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
challenging God to who has more authority to decide right from wrong.

Sorry but doing such things as drowning .9999999 percent of the human race including infants in their mothers arms is wrong and any so call god who did such is more of a devil then a god.