I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

DrewDad

Thu 2 Jun, 2016 06:33 am
@Lash,
Well, knock me over with a feather! In the end, Lash prefers the Republican candidate. What a twist, never would have seen it coming!
engineer

Thu 2 Jun, 2016 06:35 am
@DrewDad,
Said she would never vote for the lesser of two evils... she's going to vote for the greater (as in "Make American Great Again").
engineer

Thu 2 Jun, 2016 06:39 am
@engineer,
When voting for the lesser of two evils just isn't going to work for you.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cj4578TWYAEgCUc.jpg
0 Replies

snood

Thu 2 Jun, 2016 06:41 am
See, you don't understand.
It's not like the support of Trump comes from any questionable, duplicitous motives or obsessive Hillary hatred. Gawd, no.
Only after great, soul-wracking introspection and purely objective examination of the available truths about all the candidates that she finally arrives at the decision to back Trump. Seriously...that's what happened.
revelette2

Thu 2 Jun, 2016 08:27 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Why many Democrats will vote Trump.

Are you choosing to vote for Trump in the general? BTW, you misstated the article words. It said some will vote for Trump on the headline. Then in the article itself it had listed two other option and some a majority of them would just stay home.

Quote:
"If Clinton is the nominee 9 out of 10 friends I polled will [do one of three things]:

A. Not vote for president in November.
B. Vote for Trump.
C. Write in Bernie as a protest vote.

Quote:
To be sure, not all of my Sanders-supporting readers would vote for Trump. But only a minority would ever vote for Clinton, and I'd guess that a lot of them would just stay home if she were the nominee.

Moreover, this was not a poll, but a summary of his readers.
parados

Thu 2 Jun, 2016 10:16 am
@revelette2,
It does seem rather silly. "I asked 10 friends that think like me and 9 out of the 10 think like me."

Gosh... now let's use our critical thinking skills and extrapolate that to the millions that don't necessarily think like me.
RABEL222

Thu 2 Jun, 2016 04:08 pm
@parados,
Shocked You mean not everyone thinks like me! What a bunch of idiots! Laughing
0 Replies

Builder

Thu 2 Jun, 2016 05:15 pm
@Brand X,
Quote:
This reader comment about sums her up.

' Sick, greedy, corrupt, lying hypocrite, sociopath.'

It also fits Trump.

Feeling the Bern?

Seeing this meme an awful lot about our elections; "The trouble with voting is, one of them will win."
0 Replies

Blickers

Thu 2 Jun, 2016 06:55 pm
@snood,
Quote DrewDad:
Quote:
Well, knock me over with a feather! In the end, Lash prefers the Republican candidate. What a twist, never would have seen it coming!

Quote snood:
Quote:
It's not like the support of Trump comes from any questionable, duplicitous motives or obsessive Hillary hatred. Gawd, no.
Only after great, soul-wracking introspection and purely objective examination of the available truths about all the candidates that she finally arrives at the decision to back Trump. Seriously...that's what happened.

Yes, it's not like her claiming to convert from the GOP to progressive was any kind of ruse so that she could attack the Democrat the Republicans fear most-Hillary-from the Left instead of the Right. While recycling the same Republican arguments against her she's been using all along.
snood

Thu 2 Jun, 2016 07:02 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Quote DrewDad:
Quote:

Quote snood:
Quote:

Yes, it's not like her claiming to convert from the GOP to progressive was any kind of ruse so that she could attack the Democrat the Republicans fear most-Hillary-from the Left instead of the Right. While recycling the same Republican arguments against her she's been using all along.

I won't go so far as accuse her and edgar of actually trying to get a Republican elected. I can't really know that, from the evidence. But I can say that something about the way they eschew Hillary and say she'd be as bad (or worse) than Trump just does not pass the smell test.
Lash

Thu 2 Jun, 2016 07:27 pm
@DrewDad,
Ad hominem.
Builder

Thu 2 Jun, 2016 07:31 pm
@snood,
Quote:
(snip)...the way they eschew Hillary and say she'd be as bad (or worse) than Trump just does not pass the smell test.

Firstly, Donald is not a career politician, so comparisons are rather pointless, but when it comes down to a straight-up pissing contest, they're both lying arseholes.
cicerone imposter

Thu 2 Jun, 2016 07:34 pm
@Builder,
I see it more than a pissing contest. Trump's wall is a good sign he doesn't understand anything about diplomacy and good neighbors. Most foreign governments cringe when they think Trump can win.

http://www.cbsnews.com/media/donald-trump-reaction-from-foreign-government-officials-election-2016/
Builder

Thu 2 Jun, 2016 07:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Trump's wall is a good sign he doesn't understand anything about diplomacy and good neighbors

And the illegal invasion if Libya (secretary of state pushed for this) was all diplomatic and just, and created an ideal situation where Libyans now feel so safe at home, that en masse they are now planning extended vacations in Europe, right?
Blickers

Thu 2 Jun, 2016 07:42 pm
@Builder,
No, I don't believe that at all. For starters, one wants to keep NATO as it is, and the other, (who tells us that he knows Putin from several business deals), wants to deliver Putin's greatest wish to him-dismantling NATO. This will enable Putin to commence re-taking the former Eastern bloc countries that happily escaped Russia in the USSR's collapse, and thought they had found security believing in NATO and the US. And after that, Putin can go after the Western European countries as well, because NATO was formed to prevent that from occurring. And now Trump wants to scrap it.

That's more than enough to make a person get out of bed and vote right there.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 2 Jun, 2016 07:47 pm
@Builder,
Right.
0 Replies

Blickers

Thu 2 Jun, 2016 07:48 pm
@Builder,
When did we invade Libya?
cicerone imposter

Thu 2 Jun, 2016 07:53 pm
@Builder,
Never visited Libya, but did visit Tunisia many years ago where they filmed, Star Wars, Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost Ark, and the English Patient.
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 2 Jun, 2016 07:57 pm
@Blickers,
It really is a hilarious web you guys are wiggling around in. You're such pawns of the two-party system that you are completely helpless and enraged that someone is criticizing your sacred cow, and you have no recourse.

Nothing but ad homs. You can't successfully argue for Clinton. I don't support a Republican, so that over-used tit for tat two-party bullshit won't hunt,...you're all wandering around with nothing of value to say.

Just lame-ass ad hominems, the whiny, broke-ass refuge of losers.

Aren't any of you concerned about money in politics? Corruption in DC? The fracking earthquakes and ruined water sources? The increasing loss of privacy? Or are you just like a bunch of weekend warriors beating your chests in your team's colors cause that's all you know? I can't understand why anyone would vote for Hillary Clinton.

snood

Thu 2 Jun, 2016 07:58 pm
Quote:
Just lame-ass ad hominems, the whiny, broke-ass refuge of losers.

Irony, anyone? Pot? Kettle?